REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Street Fighter Assassin's Fist

All episodes are released.

Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
I'm so excited!!!!

They shouldn't have released all the episodes at once though. It builds way more suspense and anticipation when you space out releases.

I think it would have been a lot smarter to release one episode a week.

I remember during my first year psych course that there have been studies done that show watching all episodes of one season in one sitting is not as enjoyable as when people had to wait to watch the next episode.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
It definitely builds the hype up and all and gain more interest but for a web show like this I think it's the best course of action. There isn't enough going on and the episodes aren't long enough to be released once a week.

Mortal kombat series released it once a week and I hated it.

The guy who plays ken has the perfect look but his acting is beyond bad..

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
That fight sequence is a bit dated, too much cobra kai training. Too bad they didn't modernize the fighting.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
I've only watched a few episodes up to this point, but OMG... the attention to detail in this webisode / series / movie is incredible! Very intrigued to finish watching the whole thing!
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i had no idea this existed. 2 episodes in and it looks pretty solid.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Is this better than Mortal Combat Legacy?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
I subscribe to Revscene

Wow, this is very close to the Street Fighter storyline. I hope they will continue the story in a next season!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Just finished watching the 12 episodes. I enjoyed it, and I would give it a 7/10. I really wish they were more consistent with the Japanese and English dialogue, though. Characters tended to alternate languages randomly. I can dig it when Ken talks Jinglish, but young Goken spoke Japanese for the longest time, and then decides to squeak out some English a couple episodes later.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #10

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I'm so excited!!!!

They shouldn't have released all the episodes at once though. It builds way more suspense and anticipation when you space out releases.

I think it would have been a lot smarter to release one episode a week.

I remember during my first year psych course that there have been studies done that show watching all episodes of one season in one sitting is not as enjoyable as when people had to wait to watch the next episode.

I'm glad they released it all at once. Collegehumour did an awesome Street Fighter parody on the same format, multiple episodes released sporadically. As awesome as it was, the waiting made me forget about the web series entirely.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #11
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Is this better than Mortal Combat Legacy?
Imo no. To be honest, after 6 eps or so I started growing tired watching it.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #12

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Just finished watching it last night, and I'd have to say I like it a lot. In particular, there were 2 aspects that I thought was really, really well done.

1) The choreographed fights -- Yes, I know everything is choreographed, and at times, they even seem a little rigid / too obvious to me. At the same time, all the fight scenes were very clear, easy to watch, and from just watching alone, you can tell the actors really know how to fight (I know the actors that played Ryu and Ken are martial artists themselves). The best part I liked was, however, was that it seems to me the director / fight choreographer went to great pains to ensure that all the moves were transplanted from the game as much as they can while still making sure everything flowed. I appreciated this aspect very, very much.

1) the numerous details that stayed true to the SF universe and paid homeage to the various SF series -- from the Capcom director guy making a cameo appearance, the Dan Hikibi reference (on the Ansatsuken school lineage board), the crazy old fisherman, and the Mega Man 2 scene, the Ryu SF2 stage BGM... The director just seems to know how, where, and when to put the right touches to show that they really care. A lot of thought has obviously been put into making sure those things happened, and again, I appreciated it.

The department that I thought was a little lacking were the special effects. In particular, the CG stuff weren't quite up to the high standards as the rest of the film. The use of Japanese vs English also seemed a little weird at times -- mostly when it happens, I thought it was more appropriate, or I was expecting the dialogue to be carried in Japanese, but then English was blurted out.

So I am just going to agree with a lot of other viewers, and hope that they will release a 2nd season at the same or higher calibre as they have done with this one.

Last edited by Traum; 05-26-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #13
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Just watched the 2.3hr long movie..

Just WOW... I liked it... 9/10... fight scenes where nicely choreographed...