REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Mercedes Benz Richmond & Audi of Richmond experiences

My relatives have narrowed down their vehicle choices down to the Benz E-class and the Audi A6, can anyone share their experiences when visiting these 2 dealerships?

They don't seem to have much "google reviews" so I don't know how they are.

I looked up the sales team list on the Audi of richmond website and it seems like they don't have much senior salesman (all young ones) so I'm not sure if management is bad there.

Lets share some of our experiences there, was customer service good?

Thanks in advance !
Advertisement
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
I don't have experience at Mercedes Benz Richmond, but as far as I know, they are a corporately owned store. I ended up test driving one of the vehicles from their lot at the Boundary location (inter-store transfer.)

Can't help you on Audi. Never been there. Good luck!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
Audi richmond

merc is gonna be merc, standardized merc service

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Audi richmond

merc is gonna be merc, standardized merc service
why to richmond audi?
Old 06-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #5

^ Went to test drive A3, saleswoman couldn't tell me the different packages. Everything was I don't know. She couldn't even tell me what was the differences between the test driving model and the showroom model.

Mercedes Richmond financial is kinda shady, rips through paperwork without explaining things in detail. Boundary on the otherhand was very thorough. Boundary floor manager greeted me when I bought the car and pick up the car too, that never happens in Richmond.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."

dapperfied yraisis

FastAnna i really cant
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
^ Went to test drive A3, saleswoman couldn't tell me the different packages. Everything was I don't know. She couldn't even tell me what was the differences between the test driving model and the showroom model.

Mercedes Richmond financial is kinda shady, rips through paperwork without explaining things in detail. Boundary on the otherhand was very thorough. Boundary floor manager greeted me when I bought the car and pick up the car too, that never happens in Richmond.
now in before someone here asks for pics of the sales girl
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Audi of Richmond:

Robert Antoniak is a good guy (early 40s).

Reference: over the years, got 3 cars from him.

Wilson Ng (late 30s, early 40s), the sales manager, was very attentive through the entire process of the 5 month waiting period for waiting for my car, but he left for Pfaff a little over a year ago.

Otherwise, Wilson is your go to guy.

----------------------

I've also heard some good things about Josh from Open Road Audi.

He KNOWS his cars.

-----------

BTW (biased here though) - get the A6, but get the 2015 A6 because it is the refreshed version.

Reference: I have the A6 and it is very manoeuvrable, 300+ HP (for the 3.0T), the interior is WUNDERBAR, and drives like a charm (handles better than the RS5 surprisingly).

Either way, 2014 or 2015 A6 is a good choice.

Good luck.

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 06-07-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
DO NOT go to Audi Richmond, they are a fucking joke.

They tried to get me to fix a fuse ($2 fix) there for $80 and said I blew my fuse because I plugged a phone charger in (After Market) and that warranty won't cover it. and the 12V is only for Cigarette lighters....
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
Audi of Richmond:

Robert Antoniak is a good guy (early 40s).

Reference: over the years, got 3 cars from him.

Wilson Ng (late 30s, early 40s), the sales manager, was very attentive through the entire process of the 5 month waiting period for waiting for my car, but he left for Pfaff a little over a year ago.

Otherwise, Wilson is your go to guy.

----------------------

I've also heard some good things about Josh from Open Road Audi.

He KNOWS his cars.

-----------

BTW (biased here though) - get the A6, but get the 2015 A6 because it is the refreshed version.

Reference: I have the A6 and it is very manoeuvrable, 300+ HP (for the 3.0T), the interior is WUNDERBAR, and drives like a charm (handles better than the RS5 surprisingly).

Either way, 2014 or 2015 A6 is a good choice.

Good luck.
Just looked up Josh on the openroad audi website but he probably does not work there anymore....

The turnover rate at audi seems to be high , Wilson Ng does not work there anymore also...
Old 06-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blue View Post
Just looked up Josh on the openroad audi website but he probably does not work there anymore....

The turnover rate at audi seems to be high , Wilson Ng does not work there anymore also...
Yes, like I said, Wilson is at Pfaff now.

Josh was at Open Road 1.5 years ago when I was getting my RS5.

Robert is still at Audi of Richmond, and he is a jovial guy AND he is above 40... he's been there for at least 5+ years.

Keep in mind that getting the car is one matter, but getting your car serviced is another matter entirely.

I only had to go for my regular maintenance (once or twice a year) on my cars and each and every time, I had ZERO problems with their service team.

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 06-07-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
The way I see it, who cares about sales? Go to whatever dealer will sell the car you want for the lowest price - it's just numbers.

In terms of service, I've never heard a good thing about Audi Richmond. I'd go to Capilano.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

there is a guy in mike zhang for Richmond Mercedes. he's an older Asian dude.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #13
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Got a A4 a few weeks ago from Audi Richmond. I dealt with the tall white dude, forgot his name. He gave the best deal out of all the Audi dealerships and threw it some free stuff like rubber mats and detailing kit.

One thing I've learned about dealerships is get in touch with the right sales person before going in to buy. You get a arrogant sales person and it's game over real fast, that's why I would take suggestions from this thread and stick with one sales person at each dealer and see who gives you the best deal.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
Got a A4 a few weeks ago from Audi Richmond. I dealt with the tall white dude, forgot his name. He gave the best deal out of all the Audi dealerships and threw it some free stuff like rubber mats and detailing kit.

One thing I've learned about dealerships is get in touch with the right sales person before going in to buy. You get a arrogant sales person and it's game over real fast, that's why I would take suggestions from this thread and stick with one sales person at each dealer and see who gives you the best deal.
You probably got it from Robert Antoniak... he's at least 6'4+ with a little girth/muscle.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #15
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
You probably got it from Robert Antoniak... he's at least 6'4+ with a little girth/muscle.
Lol, that's him.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 AM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
This is a few years ago, but when my parents were looking at pre-owned a SUV at MB Richmond, we presented them a same trim, lower mileage car and asked that they lower the price by a little bit(i think it was something like 1-2k, not price match). The store manager there said this to our sales guy: "If they can get a better price anywhere else then leave". I'd think they may have improved now though..hopefully

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #17
I don't get it

I got my audi at richmond audi, and I honestly think they're pretty average. Same goes for Openroad Audi. Go to Cap or Langley if you want good service, but to me I didn't care about the service since richmond offered the lowest price so that's where I went. For service, bring it to Cap since openroad and richmond is garbage, and if you do end up getting the audi, get audi care since it's a steal at $500 or whatever it is and do not get the 2.0T A6, the motor is garbage compared to the 3.0. Also, you should get rubber mats and a cargo net for free, just need to ask.

If you decide to get the E, anyone at Richmond Mercedes is pretty knowledgable and pleasant. I find the prices to be similar across the board no matter which Mercedes you go to so buy where it feels right. Personally, I like the E class more than the A6, but that is probably because I have a bias towards the A7 (which your relatives should check out as well).
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #18
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
a word of advice, when price matching for a brand from a different dealer completely, say you found a benz at a kingsway dealership that was same year make and model as one found at a mb dealership, you wont get much of a price match. the used benz at the mb dealership will be certified preowned, the one found at the kingsway dealership you will be powned.

that is why the car at the branded dealership will always be more expensive.

you may have done every bit of your research but unless the car has been fully pre owned inspected, you wont know for sure. i garantee a branded dealership will have more than just a 50 point inspection.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
This is a few years ago, but when my parents were looking at pre-owned a SUV at MB Richmond, we presented them a same trim, lower mileage car and asked that they lower the price by a little bit(i think it was something like 1-2k, not price match). The store manager there said this to our sales guy: "If they can get a better price anywhere else then leave". I'd think they may have improved now though..hopefully
That is pretty bad, where did you guys buy at the end?
Old 06-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #20
I am Hook'd on RS

MB Richmond wasn't rude to me but pretty much couldn't/wouldn't do much in moving off MSRP. Too many rich Asians paying pure cash full price or something. I found North Van much more open to negotiations, this is all late 2013 experience.

If you're looking for a deal, think about out of the lower mainland if possible.
Noreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #21

Forgot to mention that there is much more allocation/inventory of cars for Audi of Richmond than other Audi dealers.

The reason is that Audi of Richmond sell many more cars than the other dealers.

So, if you are looking an EXACT match on the options, colours, etc. on your A6, and don't want to wait for Ingolstadt to build, ship, and deliver it (after a few months), then Audi of Richmond has your best chances of getting exactly what you want without waiting.

For example and comparison, allocation in mid-2012 for the 2013 model/year RS5 was (for the entire year), from what I've been told, 9 for Audi of Richmond, 3 for Open Road Audi, and 3 for Capilano Audi.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreason View Post
MB Richmond wasn't rude to me but pretty much couldn't/wouldn't do much in moving off MSRP. Too many rich Asians paying pure cash full price or something. I found North Van much more open to negotiations, this is all late 2013 experience.

If you're looking for a deal, think about out of the lower mainland if possible.
Corporate is 1-2% standard. North Shore is dealer I think so they can go nuts, it just eats into their own profits.

Quote:

dapperfied yraisis

FastAnna i really cant
Old 06-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #23
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Forgot to mention that there is much more allocation/inventory of cars for Audi of Richmond than other Audi dealers.

The reason is that Audi of Richmond sell many more cars than the other dealers.

So, if you are looking an EXACT match on the options, colours, etc. on your A6, and don't want to wait for Ingolstadt to build, ship, and deliver it (after a few months), then Audi of Richmond has your best chances of getting exactly what you want without waiting.

For example and comparison, allocation in mid-2012 for the 2013 model/year RS5 was (for the entire year), from what I've been told, 9 for Audi of Richmond, 3 for Open Road Audi, and 3 for Capilano Audi.
+1 for AoR having a large inventory...

I used to work there and they'd have 6 of the same damn car just with slightly different options
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #24
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
i garantee a branded dealership will have more than just a 50 point inspection.
spoken like someone who's never worked at a dealership...
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #25
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
spoken like someone who's never worked at a dealership...

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: