REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Shipping full interior from Miami to Vancouver, BC/Seattle?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to have a full interior shipped from Miami to Vancouver, BC or Seattle, Washington (residential) and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?

The seller is willing to ship to Seattle via Greyhound but I am unable to pick up the packages from the Greyhound depot(picking them up from greyhound same day would be near impossible). I have a residential address in Seattle that can be used, however I understand the cost of shipping via FedEx/UPS to a resident is significantly more expensive ($800+). Ideally, it would be preferred if the items could be mailed to Vancouver (Shipping depot or residential address) as that is where I reside.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with other shipping company's , your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Last edited by mj_39; 06-08-2014 at 09:54 PM.
mj_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Pardon my ignorance if there's something i'm missing but why can't you pick up the items from the Greyhound depot but you can pick them up from a residential address?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Pardon my ignorance if there's something i'm missing but why can't you pick up the items from the Greyhound depot but you can pick them up from a residential address?
It is my understanding that Greyhound does not store/hold items and since I live in Vancouver, it would be very difficult for me to get down there on the day of arrival. I have family in Seattle so having them shipped to a residential address would allow me to pick them up on the weekend.
mj_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_39 View Post
It is my understanding that Greyhound does not store/hold items and since I live in Vancouver, it would be very difficult for me to get down there on the day of arrival. I have family in Seattle so having them shipped to a residential address would allow me to pick them up on the weekend.
They have to store them for at least some time, they can expect people to be camping out there waiting for their item to arrive. Sure they may put some pressure on you but I would ASSume they would "hold" it for you. They're not gonna throw it in the garbage after 3 days.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

Edge Logistics (Serving greater Vancouver area) | Ship to the Border
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote