REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > Buyer/Seller Ratings Archive

Buyer/Seller Ratings Archive 2014 Buy/Sell Community Head Moderator: Alatar
Reports/Feedback on particular members you should/shouldn't buy from..

Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

bad seller/ scammer

if this isn't in the right place please move it

I thought I would give my dealings with a person who may be a part of this site, as he got my number off this site,
I was looking for some coils for my car and he responded through text everything seemed legit made a deal on some he had he emailed pics,etc I sent a etransfer to his email now there has been no contact since

his details are:
Lawrence Mcdonald
from Kamloops/ salmon arm
cell number 250-852-2040
email is fox.racing2006@hotmail.com

if anyone knows him let me know
Advertisement
heavyhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
E-Transfer
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
I assume you contacted kamloops rcmp
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Similar situation happened to me with the same person a few months ago.

He claimed to have an exhaust that I was looking for and even sent photos, paid him through e-transfer and a parcel arrived a few days later, turned out to be an OBD cable.

Contacted him asap and he claimed it was a shipment mistake on Canada Post's part and that he would get to the bottom of it.

Didn't hear back from him so I contacted him again and he said he wasn't a scammer and would definitely refund me my money if I didn't receive the item.

Never heard from him again. Doesn't ever pick up his phone.

Leaving out some details that made the whole situation seemed very legit but I guess lesson learnt.
Acethriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #5

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
................Why the hell would you even send an e-transfer?

Face-to-face cash transactions only

If the person is located too far away; have him list the item on eBay and have it shipped to you. They'll be required to have a tracking number and if anything goes wrong; you can dispute it to PayPal/eBay and get your money back!

Sorry to sound harsh, but if you're sending e-transfers to people you don't know; you deserve to get scammed.

Last edited by jeedee; 06-09-2014 at 08:15 AM.
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Sorry to hear that some of you guys got ripped off.

I was going to buy some CE28s from him. He got my number from my WTB post in RS. Came to a deal via text messages and what not. But he was never able to send specific pictures that I wanted i.e. a picture of him posing next to the wheels and whatnot.

He was located in Prince George and wanted to close the deal soon cause he'll be "working for the next two weeks in the mills." I decided that I'd rather wait until he's off work and would be willing to take the Greyhound up there to conduct the deal face-to-face. Never heard from him again.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acethriller View Post
Similar situation happened to me with the same person a few months ago.

He claimed to have an exhaust that I was looking for and even sent photos, paid him through e-transfer and a parcel arrived a few days later, turned out to be an OBD cable.

Contacted him asap and he claimed it was a shipment mistake on Canada Post's part and that he would get to the bottom of it.

Didn't hear back from him so I contacted him again and he said he wasn't a scammer and would definitely refund me my money if I didn't receive the item.

Never heard from him again. Doesn't ever pick up his phone.

Leaving out some details that made the whole situation seemed very legit but I guess lesson learnt.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Locating record
Someone else do some more detective CSI work and we can find this guy
Spoiler!

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

This guy has contacted me before too, he seemed super legit. Seemed like a normal car guy, not your average Nigerian scammer.
PLUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #10
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhopper View Post

his details are:
Lawrence Mcdonald
from Kamloops/ salmon arm
cell number 250-852-2040
email is fox.racing2006@hotmail.com

if anyone knows him let me know

Sorry, had to do it.

He might not even be in Kamloops for all we know.

250s a prett broad ranged area code

Best of luck
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Chances are it's a Pay-as-you-go and whatever city he claims he's in is just in relation to where ever you are, i.e if your in Vancouver, he's "in" Merritt etc.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Dang, he got me too. Anyone learned any more about this character?

Here's what I got from him:

Lawrence Macdonald
1-250-852-8643
fox.racing2006@hotmail.com
2045 Coldwater Ave, Merritt, BC

I had a wanted ad on Kijiji for a STI wing, he replied with photos, details etc. (seemed really legit, not the case obviously). Anyway, email transferred him $300 because I am in Prince George and had a buddy coming through Merritt.

I thought I could trust a fellow Subaru enthusiast, being way too naive!

I'm really stubborn, so I'll try and do my research here and get to the bottom of this guy!
STG2WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #13
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,534 Times in 555 Posts
E-Transfers....

On another note, I did a PayPal verification check and he's a verified user under that e-mail.
If you sent it via PayPal, chances are that you'd be covered under their buyer protection. This feature has saved my ass a couple of times, and I don't EVER deal with accounts that are unverified, let alone send e-transfers to people I don't know.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #14
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Haha I know, lesson learnt.

I have had really good luck with Kijiji in the past. And Subaru guys/gals are usually #1!

I don't have a Paypal account, this was an e-transfer through my bank. Can you find any additional info on Paypal or just that he is a verified user?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
By inputting his email into facebook I came up with this..

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=749650382&fref=ts
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #16
RS Lurker, I don't post!

lawrence mcdonald scammed me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG2WRX View Post
Dang, he got me too. Anyone learned any more about this character?

Here's what I got from him:

Lawrence Macdonald
1-250-852-8643
fox.racing2006@hotmail.com
2045 Coldwater Ave, Merritt, BC

I had a wanted ad on Kijiji for a STI wing, he replied with photos, details etc. (seemed really legit, not the case obviously). Anyway, email transferred him $300 because I am in Prince George and had a buddy coming through Merritt.

I thought I could trust a fellow Subaru enthusiast, being way too naive!

I'm really stubborn, so I'll try and do my research here and get to the bottom of this guy!
Ever find anything else out about this guy, he scammed me quite a bit of money. he was supposed to send me a duramax engine. we had been conversing over phone, text and emails for a week making a deal. we finally agreed on a price and i e-mailed him the money ( i know, stupid ). he seemed so legit. anyway, i am now out 3000.00 . we need to catch this guy. i have all the same info as eveyone else. only difference is that he said he was in delta bc.
eagle30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #17
nma
#RVG

Fake address, probably a prepaid phone, and a whole bunch of bullshit.. I really can't believe this many people are so quick to trust.. amazing..
One time I bought a computer, did a face to face transaction.. The guy seemed super friendly and trust worthy, yet he fucked me over and gave me a computer with malfunctioning parts.. I was able to RMA them but it was still a pain in the ass. That's the last time I trust someone face to face, let alone through the internet
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #18
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle30 View Post
Ever find anything else out about this guy, he scammed me quite a bit of money. he was supposed to send me a duramax engine. we had been conversing over phone, text and emails for a week making a deal. we finally agreed on a price and i e-mailed him the money ( i know, stupid ). he seemed so legit. anyway, i am now out 3000.00 . we need to catch this guy. i have all the same info as eveyone else. only difference is that he said he was in delta bc.
Dang sorry to hear dude, I took my case to the Police and they said they would look into it.

When you put his email into Facebook (cdizzle's idea) I got Brendan Macdonald, its no longer on Facebook now though. Said he went to a highschool in Clinton, BC. (West of Kamloops).

Probably not his real name (maybe? would be cool if it was). Maybe worth a trip to Clinton, BC and ask around. Or call the local police there and ask some questions?

We'll get him eventually!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #19
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG2WRX View Post
Dang sorry to hear dude, I took my case to the Police and they said they would look into it.

When you put his email into Facebook (cdizzle's idea) I got Brendan Macdonald, its no longer on Facebook now though. Said he went to a highschool in Clinton, BC. (West of Kamloops).

Probably not his real name (maybe? would be cool if it was). Maybe worth a trip to Clinton, BC and ask around. Or call the local police there and ask some questions?

We'll get him eventually!

My friend showed me this thread so I had to sign up for this forum. I am Brendan MacDonald. My Facebook as not changed as I'm still using it to this day. with all do respect man, you should let the cops handle it before sending all these people after an individual who doesn't know anything about this situation. What happened to each one of you sucks! I deffinetly hope you find the guy! And I know your just trying to get to the bottom of this but let the cops handle it because as of right mow you are pointing your fingers at the wrong guy. Do you know how many Macdonald's are out there? Once you guys have some hard evidence like a pic of a Photo ID or a Witness or Bill of Sale with dates/signuratures then you guys can point fingers but in the mean time.. Let the cops handle it. I don't need to be targeted for something I didn't do. Thank you

PS: my email is finger-licken-good69@hotmail.com not fox.racing2006@hot mail.com

Good luck boys! Post the outcome of the situation!

Last edited by DSMDude6177; 11-21-2014 at 09:56 AM.
DSMDude6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #20
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
lol paypal or nothing. Simple as that
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #21
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Hi,

Just signed up to chime in. The guy in question responded to a wanted ad of mine yesterday, seemed to know what he was talking about (was looking for Porsche 911 parts).
He stopped responding when I told him I would pick up the parts instead of having them shipped freight.
The name and e-mail addressed mentioned here matches what I got from him.

Will let you guys know if I hear any more, but it seems like he won't be responding any more.
Bergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #22
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
good to know!! shitty you guys got scammed but hopefully this stops anyone else from getting screwed over.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #23

yea, I was lucky enough to not have sent him a deposit. feel sorry for anyone that actually sent him money.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUJ View Post
This guy has contacted me before too, he seemed super legit. Seemed like a normal car guy, not your average Nigerian scammer.
exactly this. I'm guessing he is actually an automotive enthusiast, certainly an above average bullshitter if he isn't.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #25

wow, didn't think I'd hear from him again, he sent me a phone number to give him a call.

Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed?