REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 06-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Looking for a cheap air compressor

I'm looking to buy a cheap air compressor, under $400. I just want something to inflate tires and blow air to clean/dry parts. I'm not planning to use it for any air tools since I alread have electric rachets/impacts that are good enough.

I'm looking at the $200 15 gallon fake SnapOn they sell at Costco because it's an upright, oiled and has the Costco warranty. Does anyone have any opinons on this model or can recommend something similar? Costco used to sell a fake Snapon 20 gallon but that one had pretty shitty reviews. Haven't been able to find anything for the 15 gallon.
Advertisement
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
The Snap on should be fine for what you want to do.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I've got the fake snap on one from Costco and it isn't as bad as some of the reviews. Its backed by the Costco warranty so if anything goes wrong you can just return it. I've had mine since February and haven't had a single problem and use it quite often. The only thing that's annoying is the tank isn't big enough for what I use it for but I knew that before buying it.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

you can always plumb a bigger tank onto a compressor... all you need is one of those portable tire inflator tanks and some fittings...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

i have two compressors, if you want you can have one for cheap as borsch, 70 bones

like this one

acridintegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
^One of those little dinky things is all you need if you're just doing tires and blow-drying parts. They'll even run smaller tools like brad nailers and air ratchets fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

for light duty work, the snap on will be fine. But seriously if you get a bigger compressor you will thank youself in the long run. Being able to run a serious impact, cut off wheel, die grinder ect is amazing
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: