REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   vi box 2 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695970-vi-box-2-a.html)

need2speed 06-12-2014 07:32 PM

vi box 2

So I got a vi this afternoon for having aftermarket suspension mods. On the vi he wrote that I need to pass a oem alignment. Does that mean I need to get a alignment and a vi? I did a alignment 3 weeks ago after I lowered my car.

sho_bc 06-12-2014 07:42 PM

It means you need to make sure your vehicle is 100% compliant and then have it inspected. Or have it inspected, find out what you need to fix, if anything, and then have it inspected again. Your entire vehicle will be inspected to ensure compliance. Electrical, mechanical, body, etc

GabAlmighty 06-12-2014 08:09 PM

Crank up the coilovers, go pass inspection, redump car.

need2speed 06-12-2014 09:13 PM

Even tho the cop wrote i must get the car aligned ? Just a regular vehicle inspection will do?

meme405 06-12-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need2speed (Post 8486331)
Even tho the cop wrote i must get the car aligned ? Just a regular vehicle inspection will do?

Yes.

mb_ 06-12-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need2speed (Post 8486331)

BOX1/2 checks the whole car
BOX 1 immediately takes your car off the road
With BOX 2, you have 30 days to comply
BOX 3 only checks whatever the cop nailed you for and I believe you have 10 days to comply

Noran 06-13-2014 12:00 AM

in for pic of car

zulutango 06-13-2014 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8486400)
BOX1/2 checks the whole car
BOX 1 immediately takes your car off the road
With BOX 2, you have 30 days to comply
BOX 3 only checks whatever the cop nailed you for and I believe you have 10 days to comply

Box #3 says...repair immediately and report within.....................days. The time period permits you a delay in reporting in to be checked, not that you have 10 days to get it fixed. Read the order & do what it says. Quite easy to understand.

Spidey 06-13-2014 07:55 AM

What ZT said. You can still be dinged for infractions if you continue to drive the vehicle even if you did not receive a box 1. This might make it easier to understand http://drivesmartbc.ca/traffic-tickets/notice-order-3

need2speed 06-13-2014 10:41 AM

I understand what a box 1,2,3 are. Problem I have is the officer specifically wrote I must pass a oem alignment to pass the vi. Is this just a scare tactic?

TjAlmeida 06-13-2014 10:59 AM

In4pics

Curious how low you are.

Spidey 06-13-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need2speed (Post 8486657)
I understand what a box 1,2,3 are. Problem I have is the officer specifically wrote I must pass a oem alignment to pass the vi. Is this just a scare tactic?

No idea why the officer wrote that specifically. Maybe you should call and ask him since he was the one that issued it to you. A box 2 required your WHOLE vehicle to be checked. If the alignment is an issue, they will require you to fix it.

need2speed 06-13-2014 11:41 AM

I asked him why I got the vi, he said any modifications to the suspension is illegal, I mentioned to him I got a alignment 3 weeks ago but he didn't care. He then proceeded to give me a vi for my factory hid lights as well

Spidey 06-13-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need2speed (Post 8486706)
I asked him why I got the vi, he said any modifications to the suspension is illegal, I mentioned to him I got a alignment 3 weeks ago but he didn't care. He then proceeded to give me a vi for my factory hid lights as well

whether your car was aligned or not has nothing to do with the legality of your suspension.. It isn't the shops job to tell you whether your car meets regulations or not. Bring your car to have it inspected. If it passes, great. If not, then you will need to correct the issues.

zulutango 06-13-2014 03:53 PM

What kind of "factory HID lights" do you have in your car? Just wondering...did the manufacturer install them or did you install aftermarket parts? Unless the complete system came from the manufacturer as a factory option then you do not have "factory lights". Lots of aftermarket HID setups being sold as legal when they are not. Normally it is easy to see if the system came from the factory or was installed after. My previous car had factory HIDs and I knew what to look for.

need2speed 06-13-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8486870)
What kind of "factory HID lights" do you have in your car? Just wondering...did the manufacturer install them or did you install aftermarket parts? Unless the complete system came from the manufacturer as a factory option then you do not have "factory lights". Lots of aftermarket HID setups being sold as legal when they are not. Normally it is easy to see if the system came from the factory or was installed after. My previous car had factory HIDs and I knew what to look for.

Factory hid, I havent touched anything on this car other then lowering and changing the wheels.

need2speed 06-14-2014 12:01 AM

Does anybody know of a shop that do the inspections please pm me thanks

nkxdnmxj773 06-14-2014 01:05 AM

Great work!http://weber.$$$$$$$$$$$$.com/3.jpg

rriggi 06-14-2014 09:48 AM

A box 2 means report for an inspection, they are free to assume the car needs an "OEM Alignment" or a new chassis on the VI slip.

It is ultimately the final decision of the authorized inspector what the vehicle needs to pass an inspection.

And honestly, lowered cars usually meet inspection requirements as long as its not idiotic.

swfk 06-14-2014 12:00 PM

It doesn't matter the height and any suspension modification (even springs), you are to have the vehicle inspected after the modification.

He doesn't need to be slammed to get a VI, it is up to the officer's discretion. You can raise it (if illegally low), inspect it, lower it back, all in one shop if the shop is cool with it.

Soundy 06-14-2014 08:05 PM

Can't imagine what "need2speed" did to attract the cop's attention in the first place... :whistle:

zulutango 06-15-2014 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need2speed (Post 8487130)
Factory hid, I havent touched anything on this car other then lowering and changing the wheels.

If you don't mind telling us...what were you driving? Just curious. Genuine HID setups are seldom blinding or uncontrolled like the aftermarket ones. Wondering why they were mentioned?

zulutango 06-15-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 8487265)
It doesn't matter the height and any suspension modification (even springs), you are to have the vehicle inspected after the modification.

He doesn't need to be slammed to get a VI, it is up to the officer's discretion. You can raise it (if illegally low), inspect it, lower it back, all in one shop if the shop is cool with it.

And then get another $598 VT and another VI (box 1 this time) for failing to maintain to standards. Not a good idea unless you have a big wallet and like your car having tow truck rides.:failed: BTW, the shop that is "Cool with it" can get into all sorts of trouble, the inspector who was "cool with it" can loose his inspection licence and get a $345 fine for each inspection like that.

need2speed 06-16-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8487493)
Can't imagine what "need2speed" did to attract the cop's attention in the first place... :whistle:

Did absolutely nothing, cop was 2 cars ahead in the middle lane I was in the left lane at a red light. Light turns green he doesn't move as soon as I drive past he pulls behind me and pulls me over.

need2speed 06-16-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 8487700)
If you don't mind telling us...what were you driving? Just curious. Genuine HID setups are seldom blinding or uncontrolled like the aftermarket ones. Wondering why they were mentioned?

As he gave me a full roadside inspection in broad daylight he checked everything, all my lights,horn, tire tread. When I turned my headlights on he said they are illegal because they turn blue during warmup. I told him that's how hid's operate.

I'm not worried about my vehicle, I know its legal. I'm only lowered an inch.

What I didn't understand was do I need to do a alignment and a vi or just a vi. I've never heard of a vi where the officer writes that I specifically need a alignment to pass the vi.