REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #3526
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,603
Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
Hansen has a guy on his ass and was not even to really make a move.... You can't give him shit about that one
Advertisement
murd0c is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #3527
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,261
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I need a Canucks Camo jersey!!
Ack, can't get Twitter post to embed properly...

According to Twitter, FYI: A limited number of Canucks camo jerseys will be available at our Rogers Arena Team Store this Friday.
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #3528
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Ack, can't get Twitter post to embed properly...

According to Twitter, FYI: A limited number of Canucks camo jerseys will be available at our Rogers Arena Team Store this Friday.
CRS is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #3529
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,295
Thanked 4,192 Times in 1,316 Posts
Jersey looks ok, but for me, something about wearing camo..
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is online now  
Old 11-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #3530
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,096
Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,287 Posts
That jersey looks butt ugly
Ch28 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #3531
RS controls my life!
 
EvoFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 732
Thanked 213 Times in 98 Posts
Do not want. Why would anyone want one anyways, other than maybe show off that you've got more money than sense. The Millionaires style jerseys I can understand, these are just pointless.
EvoFire is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #3532
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,808
Thanked 10,860 Times in 2,125 Posts
these suck
lol
Tim Budong is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #3533
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 1,508
Thanked 1,053 Times in 348 Posts
I think they look pretty good. Wonder if there are any extra large.
__________________
06 3500 Mega Cab ~ Stockish
TjAlmeida is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #3534
Performance Moderator
 
68style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,804
Thanked 3,376 Times in 955 Posts
If you go on the California road trip they were just on Anaheim wears jerseys like this in warmup and silent auctions them off for Veterans Day during the game people pay thousands for them! Murrrrica loves der military!
68style is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #3535
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,603
Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
I hunt, camp and love the outdoors.. Those appeal to myself and a number of my friends.. I can understand how a large number of you don't like the jersey's since "camo" isn't cool right now for city folk
murd0c is online now  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #3536
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tres Ciudades
Posts: 5,404
Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,526 Posts
They should just give Hansen a permanent camo jersey, might give him the upper hand on breakaways. Goalies can be like, fuck, i never saw him coming.

at this point i just facepalm everytime i see he's on a breakaway...for a split second i'm like awwwww sheeeet breakaway!...another second later and i'm like, fuck its Hansen.
6o4__boi is online now  
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #3537
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,368
Thanked 833 Times in 391 Posts
NHL picks owners for likely Vegas team | New York Post

I don't know how legit this source it. It would be pretty damn cool to have an NHL team in Vegas.
highfive is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #3538
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
NHL picks owners for likely Vegas team | New York Post

I don't know how legit this source it. It would be pretty damn cool to have an NHL team in Vegas.
they'd probably win a cup before us, anyway

#hockeymarket
jayare604 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #3539
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East Van
Posts: 1,481
Thanked 535 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
NHL picks owners for likely Vegas team | New York Post

I don't know how legit this source it. It would be pretty damn cool to have an NHL team in Vegas.
Not sure if you are serious. Vegas is the last place the NHL should be looking into expanding. Extremely hot most of the year, transient population, shitty demographics... sounds like a recipe for success. You think they would have learned from their mistakes in Glendale. This is a cash grab plain and simple.

Cities that make a lot more sense than Vegas include Quebec City, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle. I also think Salt Lake City could be an interesting proposition, but their arena only holds 14,000 for hockey which is a problem.
Liquid_o2 is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #3540
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,163
Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,434 Posts
The mistake in Glendale was allowing the team to move out of Phoenix and into Glendale.

Just imagine the Canucks ... playing in Abbotsford ... Do you think you'd get 18,000+ people showing up for every game for $100+/ticket? That's basically the Coyotes' situation (and Panthers and Islanders). No mass transit, no population density, a tax base of about 200,000 as opposed to 1.5 million, etc.

It's just insane that this was ever approved.

The Coyotes did pretty well as far as attendance and financials when they were actually in downtown Phoenix. They were near sellout through the late-90s (first 4 seasons in the league) with near league-average ticket prices (of note: the arena in Phoenix only seated around 16,000 for hockey), but attendance started to slip once it was announced that the team would be moving to Glendale and it wasn't helped by the team's downturn in on-ice performance.

Once in Glendale, they were able to prop up attendance figures with low ticket prices, but eventually even that wasn't enough to sustain attendance.

If they put the arena in downtown Las Vegas, it wouldn't surprise me if it were actually successful. Put it in Henderson and that would be like what the Coyotes have.

Kansas City has no desire for an NHL team (despite the arena) plus the obvious conflict of interest.

Quebec will get a team, Seattle will get a team, Vegas sounds like they'll get a team.
Jmac is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #3541
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,603
Thanked 16,829 Times in 3,951 Posts
there no nudity so hopefully its ok to post... so I spoiled it just incase


Removed

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 11-12-2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Post this in the NSFW area, spoiler tags isn't sufficient
murd0c is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #3542
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,893
Thanked 2,189 Times in 983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Not sure if you are serious. Vegas is the last place the NHL should be looking into expanding. Extremely hot most of the year, transient population, shitty demographics... sounds like a recipe for success. You think they would have learned from their mistakes in Glendale. This is a cash grab plain and simple.

Cities that make a lot more sense than Vegas include Quebec City, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle. I also think Salt Lake City could be an interesting proposition, but their arena only holds 14,000 for hockey which is a problem.

+1. Some friends and I talked about the possibility of the NHL expanding into Vegas. A buddy wondered if there would be any off ice issues in terms of gangsters bribing refs or some of the Vegas players into tanking games on purpose in order to help these criminals win money with their dirty $$$.

For example, the Vegas team loses 7-0 to make sure the gangsters that bet against them bring home more coin.
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #3543
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East Van
Posts: 1,481
Thanked 535 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
The mistake in Glendale was allowing the team to move out of Phoenix and into Glendale.

Just imagine the Canucks ... playing in Abbotsford ... Do you think you'd get 18,000+ people showing up for every game for $100+/ticket? That's basically the Coyotes' situation (and Panthers and Islanders). No mass transit, no population density, a tax base of about 200,000 as opposed to 1.5 million, etc.

It's just insane that this was ever approved.

The Coyotes did pretty well as far as attendance and financials when they were actually in downtown Phoenix. They were near sellout through the late-90s (first 4 seasons in the league) with near league-average ticket prices (of note: the arena in Phoenix only seated around 16,000 for hockey), but attendance started to slip once it was announced that the team would be moving to Glendale and it wasn't helped by the team's downturn in on-ice performance.

Once in Glendale, they were able to prop up attendance figures with low ticket prices, but eventually even that wasn't enough to sustain attendance.

If they put the arena in downtown Las Vegas, it wouldn't surprise me if it were actually successful. Put it in Henderson and that would be like what the Coyotes have.

Kansas City has no desire for an NHL team (despite the arena) plus the obvious conflict of interest.

Quebec will get a team, Seattle will get a team, Vegas sounds like they'll get a team.
If Vegas gets a team they will be located at the new MGM/AEG arena which from my understanding will be located along the strip between the Monte Carlo and NY NY. The Strip in Vegas is the equivalent to Glendale in the Phoenix metro, locals don't want to go there. So if your whole argument is based around location, the Vegas team would be in the wrong location if they want residents of the City of Las Vegas to attend. Hell, the strip isn't even in Vegas, it is in Paradise, Nevada...
Liquid_o2 is online now  
Old 11-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #3544
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 3,692
Thanked 1,854 Times in 585 Posts
6-1

__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #3545
RS controls my life!
 
slicrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NHL thread
Posts: 793
Thanked 1,213 Times in 258 Posts
things don't look good for Nathan Horton

Career-ending surgery possible for Jackets’ Horton
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?
slicrick is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #3546
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 267 Times in 208 Posts
Not to mention if that anyone that does come to the games would likely be tourists from out of town and would probably be there supporting their "home" team anyways. Every home game for the team in Vegas will feel like an away game.

Kinda like Phoenix games right now.
syee is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #3547
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,727
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
things don't look good for Nathan Horton

Career-ending surgery possible for Jackets’ Horton
hmm..interesting almost sounds like what my brother has, may have to link into his condition
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now  
Old 11-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #3548
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 3,692
Thanked 1,854 Times in 585 Posts
Advertising on jerseys and a team in Las Vegas? Talk about a Mickey Mouse League.
__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is online now  
Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #3549
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...
 
Iceman_2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 6,774
Thanked 116 Times in 83 Posts
Looks like Benning is true to his word about scouting - this guy's all over the place scouting games..
__________________
Trinity: "DUDE WTF ARE YOU DOING?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"


ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #3550
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,139
Thanked 2,532 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_2K View Post
Looks like Benning is true to his word about scouting - this guy's all over the place scouting games..
which team was he scouting?
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net