REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #3526
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Hansen has a guy on his ass and was not even to really make a move.... You can't give him shit about that one
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #3527
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I need a Canucks Camo jersey!!
Ack, can't get Twitter post to embed properly...

According to Twitter, FYI: A limited number of Canucks camo jerseys will be available at our Rogers Arena Team Store this Friday.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 11-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #3528
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Ack, can't get Twitter post to embed properly...

According to Twitter, FYI: A limited number of Canucks camo jerseys will be available at our Rogers Arena Team Store this Friday.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #3529
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Jersey looks ok, but for me, something about wearing camo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 11-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #3530
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
That jersey looks butt ugly
Old 11-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #3531
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
Do not want. Why would anyone want one anyways, other than maybe show off that you've got more money than sense. The Millionaires style jerseys I can understand, these are just pointless.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #3532
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
these suck
lol
Old 11-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #3533
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
I think they look pretty good. Wonder if there are any extra large.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #3534
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,393 Times in 5,088 Posts
If you go on the California road trip they were just on Anaheim wears jerseys like this in warmup and silent auctions them off for Veterans Day during the game people pay thousands for them! Murrrrica loves der military!
Old 11-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #3535
In RS I Trust

I hunt, camp and love the outdoors.. Those appeal to myself and a number of my friends.. I can understand how a large number of you don't like the jersey's since "camo" isn't cool right now for city folk
Old 11-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #3536
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
They should just give Hansen a permanent camo jersey, might give him the upper hand on breakaways. Goalies can be like, fuck, i never saw him coming.

at this point i just facepalm everytime i see he's on a breakaway...for a split second i'm like awwwww sheeeet breakaway!...another second later and i'm like, fuck its Hansen.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #3537
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
NHL picks owners for likely Vegas team | New York Post

I don't know how legit this source it. It would be pretty damn cool to have an NHL team in Vegas.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #3538
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post

I don't know how legit this source it. It would be pretty damn cool to have an NHL team in Vegas.
they'd probably win a cup before us, anyway

#hockeymarket
Old 11-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #3539
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post

Not sure if you are serious. Vegas is the last place the NHL should be looking into expanding. Extremely hot most of the year, transient population, shitty demographics... sounds like a recipe for success. You think they would have learned from their mistakes in Glendale. This is a cash grab plain and simple.

Cities that make a lot more sense than Vegas include Quebec City, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle. I also think Salt Lake City could be an interesting proposition, but their arena only holds 14,000 for hockey which is a problem.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #3540
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
The mistake in Glendale was allowing the team to move out of Phoenix and into Glendale.

Just imagine the Canucks ... playing in Abbotsford ... Do you think you'd get 18,000+ people showing up for every game for $100+/ticket? That's basically the Coyotes' situation (and Panthers and Islanders). No mass transit, no population density, a tax base of about 200,000 as opposed to 1.5 million, etc.

It's just insane that this was ever approved.

The Coyotes did pretty well as far as attendance and financials when they were actually in downtown Phoenix. They were near sellout through the late-90s (first 4 seasons in the league) with near league-average ticket prices (of note: the arena in Phoenix only seated around 16,000 for hockey), but attendance started to slip once it was announced that the team would be moving to Glendale and it wasn't helped by the team's downturn in on-ice performance.

Once in Glendale, they were able to prop up attendance figures with low ticket prices, but eventually even that wasn't enough to sustain attendance.

If they put the arena in downtown Las Vegas, it wouldn't surprise me if it were actually successful. Put it in Henderson and that would be like what the Coyotes have.

Kansas City has no desire for an NHL team (despite the arena) plus the obvious conflict of interest.

Quebec will get a team, Seattle will get a team, Vegas sounds like they'll get a team.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #3541
In RS I Trust

there no nudity so hopefully its ok to post... so I spoiled it just incase

Removed

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 11-12-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Post this in the NSFW area, spoiler tags isn't sufficient
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #3542
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Not sure if you are serious. Vegas is the last place the NHL should be looking into expanding. Extremely hot most of the year, transient population, shitty demographics... sounds like a recipe for success. You think they would have learned from their mistakes in Glendale. This is a cash grab plain and simple.

Cities that make a lot more sense than Vegas include Quebec City, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle. I also think Salt Lake City could be an interesting proposition, but their arena only holds 14,000 for hockey which is a problem.

+1. Some friends and I talked about the possibility of the NHL expanding into Vegas. A buddy wondered if there would be any off ice issues in terms of gangsters bribing refs or some of the Vegas players into tanking games on purpose in order to help these criminals win money with their dirty $$$.

For example, the Vegas team loses 7-0 to make sure the gangsters that bet against them bring home more coin.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #3543
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
The mistake in Glendale was allowing the team to move out of Phoenix and into Glendale.

Just imagine the Canucks ... playing in Abbotsford ... Do you think you'd get 18,000+ people showing up for every game for $100+/ticket? That's basically the Coyotes' situation (and Panthers and Islanders). No mass transit, no population density, a tax base of about 200,000 as opposed to 1.5 million, etc.

It's just insane that this was ever approved.

The Coyotes did pretty well as far as attendance and financials when they were actually in downtown Phoenix. They were near sellout through the late-90s (first 4 seasons in the league) with near league-average ticket prices (of note: the arena in Phoenix only seated around 16,000 for hockey), but attendance started to slip once it was announced that the team would be moving to Glendale and it wasn't helped by the team's downturn in on-ice performance.

Once in Glendale, they were able to prop up attendance figures with low ticket prices, but eventually even that wasn't enough to sustain attendance.

If they put the arena in downtown Las Vegas, it wouldn't surprise me if it were actually successful. Put it in Henderson and that would be like what the Coyotes have.

Kansas City has no desire for an NHL team (despite the arena) plus the obvious conflict of interest.

Quebec will get a team, Seattle will get a team, Vegas sounds like they'll get a team.
If Vegas gets a team they will be located at the new MGM/AEG arena which from my understanding will be located along the strip between the Monte Carlo and NY NY. The Strip in Vegas is the equivalent to Glendale in the Phoenix metro, locals don't want to go there. So if your whole argument is based around location, the Vegas team would be in the wrong location if they want residents of the City of Las Vegas to attend. Hell, the strip isn't even in Vegas, it is in Paradise, Nevada...
Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #3544
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
6-1

Old 11-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #3545
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
things don't look good for Nathan Horton

Career-ending surgery possible for Jackets’ Horton
Old 11-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #3546
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Not to mention if that anyone that does come to the games would likely be tourists from out of town and would probably be there supporting their "home" team anyways. Every home game for the team in Vegas will feel like an away game.

Kinda like Phoenix games right now.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #3547
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
things don't look good for Nathan Horton

Career-ending surgery possible for Jackets’ Horton
hmm..interesting almost sounds like what my brother has, may have to link into his condition
Old 11-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #3548
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Advertising on jerseys and a team in Las Vegas? Talk about a Mickey Mouse League.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #3549
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Looks like Benning is true to his word about scouting - this guy's all over the place scouting games..

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Old 11-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #3550
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_2K View Post
Looks like Benning is true to his word about scouting - this guy's all over the place scouting games..
which team was he scouting?
Closed Thread