REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #6276
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Maybe we don't know that Higgins is playing with an injury that isn't quite bad enough to call it a season for surgery. Kind of like Kesler had a season or 2 ago. Theres lots of cases where you don't find out a player has been playing hurt until off season surgery

There's a lot more to a hockey team than the 60 minutes on the ice shown on TV, or what little bit the media gets onto.

And I thought they said they hired WD because hes so good with teaching the young guys, and that is the direction they are taking the team.
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #6277
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Well McMillan clearly has no offensive upside this year.

So let toss one of our top "prospects" of the last few years in the press box to think about a few "bad passes" and let's bring in a guy who has 1 goal in 50 games.

I get it, Ive seen Kassian floating around, I've seen the bad passes. However I've also seen some absolutely filthy passes on the break out by Kassian to who? Richardson and Vey, or Higgins so they can dump it in and do nothing.

Canucks logic boggles my mind. They expect players to strive with sub 10 minute games on the forth line. When all the kassian bs started a few weeks back he goes out there has a decent game scores a goal and is a healthy scratch the next game..

I honestly hope they don't give up, but at this point it doesn't look to good. Few games ago he scores a goal and sits the last 9mins of the 3rd, yet Vey is out there skating around in circles.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #6278
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Well McMillan clearly has no offensive upside this year.

So let toss one of our top "prospects" of the last few years in the press box to think about a few "bad passes" and let's bring in a guy who has 1 goal in 50 games.

I get it, Ive seen Kassian floating around, I've seen the bad passes. However I've also seen some absolutely filthy passes on the break out by Kassian to who? Richardson and Vey, or Higgins so they can dump it in and do nothing.

Canucks logic boggles my mind. They expect players to strive with sub 10 minute games on the forth line. When all the kassian bs started a few weeks back he goes out there has a decent game scores a goal and is a healthy scratch the next game..

I honestly hope they don't give up, but at this point it doesn't look to good. Few games ago he scores a goal and sits the last 9mins of the 3rd, yet Vey is out there skating around in circles.
Kass: Zack Kassian Fantasy Stats | RotoWire Fantasy Hockey
Horvat: Bo Horvat Fantasy Stats | RotoWire Fantasy Hockey

Im just comparing time on ice

ps. I love Kassian. I want him to succeed! Just need to get some facts straight.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #6279
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
WD is quoted as saying he didn't want to play Horvat this year. He didn't think an 18 year old could help the team and wasn't ready to give him a fair chance. But, as a good coach, he was happy to admit that he was proven wrong by Bo.

As an arm chair coach, it is easy to say things on the internet without knowing the truth behind the closed doors. But WD is like a lot of other coaches, AV, JT, etc....

Some players get the benefit of the doubt and even coaches for that matter.

When the PP stunk, he let the PP coach work(ing) things out. The PP still sucks, but so far we don't see any changes. With home ice advantage, I don't see him playing mind games like by starting the second unit out against the top PK group for 30 seconds and then run the Twins against the second PK team.

When 2 quick goals are scored against, I don't see WD calling a timeout to settle the players.

Look at how WD used Frank Corrado. First 2 call ups FC got zero playing time. Now that WD was forced to play him, WD realizes how good FC is as a D man, too bad he is on IR.

Edler being a L handed shot is still on the top of the umbrella on the PP when it should be a right handed shot. Look at the last few Ovi PP goals. They are all from the same place that they have Vrbata.

The fact the team leads the league in too many men penalties is also a sign that there are issues with the team. Hopefully this is one of those first year issues and WD will get a grip of things for the end of this season or else playoffs will be short and bitter.
I can go on and on. It's very fustrating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 05:11 PM   #6280
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
So much stuff happen we're not privy too these guys aren't hockey idiots. I mean for all we know maybe even the Sedins turned around and said they won't play with Kass and that's why he's never on the top line or PP... Only mgmt knows the real story all we can do is get annoyed and guess.

That said, I am getting a little bit annoyed at how we keep picking up people that WD used to coach at *insert level here* and you know McMillan is coming into the lineup no matter what, just had to wait for either Kenins or Kassian to make a big enough mistake to give him an excuse. That's what frustrates me when you can see it coming a mile away and it still happens.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #6281
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I still remember Tony Gallagher complaining in that fucking voice of his...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 02-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #6282
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
TG knows his voice/language is hilarious though and plays it up sometimes. If any of you heard him defending the pancake vs crepes/waffles yesterday, I seriously lol'd at what he was saying and the way he was saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #6283
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
A Penguins fan shows his displeasure at Ovie for slashing Letang by throwing his beer at Ovie. Fans are chanting "Ovi sucks! Ovi sucks!"

[VINE]Oxndubldut5[/VINE]
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #6284

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Hmmm, this Shooter Tutor equipment may help NHL players score more goals. $395 USD each.

Datsyuk does a demo of this product:

Pavel Datsyuk demos revolutionary Shooter Tutor - Sportsnet.ca

With goaltenders increasing their athleticism, training and equipment size, it’s no secret that NHL scoring has become more and more of a premium at high levels of play. Only 5.34 goals were scored per game last season, and the scoring rate has only popped over six goals per game once (2005-06) since 1995-96. That’s way down from the trigger-happy ’80s. In 1981-82, the league averaged more than eight red lamps per game.

“We don’t have a large enough base to test at this point, but my indication is that [the tutor] does increase scoring,” says co-creator Tom Bahls, who developed the Bar Down Shooter Tutor with an NHL coach who requested he and his team not be named in this article, in the spirit of competitive advantage.

That club’s scoring has increased since using the tutor in practice, and its shooting percentage is at a five-year high this season, although Bahl recognizes the sample size is small.

“It’s more of a passionate move than necessarily a deliberate business move,” Bahl says of the invention. “We developed it specifically to address the decline of offensive scoring in hockey over the last few years, but we found that it addresses a lot of other uses.”

Traditionally, the Shooter Tutor – you may have used one when the goalie bails on your shinny game – encourages players to aim for the four corners. But those holes don’t accurately mimic modern goaltending, specifically the butterfly style preferred by nearly every elite netminder.

Bar Down’s version eliminates all low shots, as a butterfly goalie would, and by using mesh for the goalie’s “body” outlined by dark black piping, teaches the shooter to aim past the goalie as opposed to picking a corner.

“It’s a different mentality,” Bahl says.

And it’s catching on fast.

Though only one NHL club uses the tutor to Bahl’s knowledge, another one, the St. Louis Blues, were spotted practising with a similar model prior to game in New Jersey in November.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #6285
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Thats way better then the old school 5 holes one I used to use
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #6286
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
$400us for that?

brb $50 from canadian tire and you get to score on carry price

Old 02-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #6287
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
bruins 0-1-2 on their roadtrip with st. louis and chicago coming up
Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #6288
My homepage has been set to RS

Yeah they are fucked haha!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #6289
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Datsyuk does a demo of this product:
Man, he's awesome. Like he's not even trying. He could probably do it on a net half that size.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #6290
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
$400us for that?

brb $50 from canadian tire and you get to score on carry price

I can't see that product being "THAT IMPRESSIVE"

I don't see why I couldn't just make the corners bigger.. A hockey stick or some cones to dangle around after and we got ourselves a net with some targets
Old 02-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #6291
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
ESPN did an interesting poll talking to 10 NHL player agents regarding their book of clients and where they would not want to play. The full article is on ESPN insider behind their pay wall, but Yahoo summed it up:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...182227244.html

Quote:
No one wants to play in Edmonton, Winnipeg according to agents

Ask any general manager, and they’ll tell you that the main clog in the NHL’s trade pipeline are no-trade and no-move clauses that give players the power to determine their next destination – or, frequently, if they want to move at all.

So ESPN’s Craig Custance had the idea to ask 10 agents about their clients' no-trade lists, to see if there are any commonalities. And lo and behold there was: Mediocre teams in frozen hell-scapes.

Via ESPN, the Top 5 Most Frequently Listed Teams On No-Trade Lists:

1. Edmonton Oilers

To the surprise of no one. A mismanaged collection of young stars who can’t burn hotter than the dumpster fire in which they’re consumed. But it’s the location of the dumpster that’s frequently the deal-breaker.

Writes Custance: “The Oilers have three things working against them: climate, lack of success and being a Canadian team, which is one common characteristic on these lists. Given the choice, agents said, most players don’t necessarily want to play in Canada.”

2. Winnipeg Jets

Keep in mind nearly every contract signed with a no-trade clause was done so before the Jets started tantalizing as a playoff contender. So maybe a few more would want to play there. But again, it’s the “there” that’s the issue. “If you think it’s cold in Detroit, it’s like that for four months in Winnipeg,” an agent tells Custance. “If you have a family, you’re a shut-in. The kids can’t go outside and play. You go outside for 15 minutes and it’s frostbite.”

(No word if that agent was Ilya Bryzgalov.)

3. Buffalo Sabres

Again: Bad team repels players. The market is great, it’s just a lack of success, which obviously could change. “If Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel are playing in Buffalo and they’re the players they look like they’re going to be, guys will want to play there,” said an agent.

4. Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs

The Senators are seen as cash-strapped. The Leafs are seen as a place where players are under a constant heat lamp of media scrutiny like a rapidly shriveling bag of McDonald’s fries. “In that media market, there are too many people trying to cover the same thing and trying to find a different edge,” said an agent.

According to Custance, the runners-up are: New Jersey, Florida (“Guys don’t like going to a place where the building is empty and they can’t win”), Arizona (“Phoenix has been somewhat common, partially because of the instability of ownership the last few years”).
Some notes from the full ESPN pay article:
- 10 agents were asked for a list of the 3 most commonly listed teams;
- Edmonton was on all 10 ballots and #1 on 5 of them
- Winnipeg has 4 first place votes
- Buffalo has 1 first place vote and was on 4 of the ballots
- Given the choice, agents said, most players don’t necessarily want to play in Canada.

“I hate to say it, but it’s the Canadian teams,” said one agent. “Vancouver would be the most desirable out of those teams. There’s Winnipeg and Edmonton, Toronto because of all the bad media and Montreal. Either you love it or hate it.”

I have to say, if I was a player my list would look fairly similar and be Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa. Everywhere else I'd be ok with

Last edited by 7seven; 02-19-2015 at 07:03 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:17 AM   #6292
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts

i wouldn't wanna play in Canada either. If i had a choice i'd probably pick any of the Cali teams

1. LA
2. Ducks
3. Sharks
4. Tampa
5. Nashville
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #6293
Need to Seek Professional Help

OMG they copied my comparisons!!
Murphy vs Drance: Naked eye and the Nerdy Guy - Sportsnet.ca
Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #6294
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Kassian scratched for tonight's game according to theScore.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #6295

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Kassian for bozak rumors
Old 02-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #6296
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Kassian for bozak rumors
nothxmen
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #6297
In RS I Trust

I would do that trade but not sure about the salary for Bozak tho
Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #6298

$5M until 2018 for a guy who's never scored 20+ goals in his career?
Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #6299
In RS I Trust

like I said his contract sucks but he's always been in a horrible situation and for the age and size I think he will do great in a different market.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #6300

maybe if he only had a year left in his contract
Or if the Leafs are willing to trade him straight up for Higgins lol.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread