REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #701
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Kapenen falling...
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #702

People complaining about Virtanen injury. Did you guys complain about the Cody Hodgson injury too?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #703
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
The Pens will take him
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #704

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The Pens will take him
as predicted!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #705

So who do you guys want?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #706
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
So who do you guys want?
someone thats not a bust lol
Old 06-27-2014, 05:36 PM   #707
In RS I Trust

from what TSN was saying this sounds like a really decent pick
Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #708
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
He looked thrilled...
Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #709
In RS I Trust

Doesn't seem happy at all about being a Canuck hahahaha
Old 06-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #710
Need to Seek Professional Help

wow that was some shades of steve francis...
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #711
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Not the greatest start.. lol

Probably caught off guard and expected another team to draft him but definitely seemed nervous or upset. Also admitted he expected to play 1 more season in Jr before contending for a roster spot. Numbers weren't as high as expected.. perhaps he has confidence issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #712

Centres who play every situation in the game, are involved in all areas on the ice and contribute with and without the puck are in high demand. The cliche, '200-foot player' applies to Jared. His versatility and sense is excellent.

Jared McCannn
Old 06-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #713

Great skater with a great shot and when he bears in on defenders, they are on their heels. Has an edge to his game. He could be that grand slam player with enormous upside that teams are looking to draft.

Jake Virtanen
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #714
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Good hair wins cups. Steal of the draft went to the Leafs in Nylander
Old 06-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #715
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
After the draft is over, we gotta wait years to figure out how we did........ Great!

Dang i wish we got Goldobin.........
Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #716
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
McCann is a good pick at #24.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #717
My homepage has been set to RS

I didn't expect to be picked by the Canucks but "it is what it is"
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #718
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

The Canucks never offered "all that" (6th + 24th + Shinkaruk)- Jim Benning on Team1040.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #719
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

but it is what it is
Old 06-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #720
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

just don't go and pull an Umberger
Old 06-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #721
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #722
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
virtanen player comparison is jerome iginla minus the bbc toughness
Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #723
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
McCann

I model my game after Ryan Kesler

oh snap

As someone commented on twitter

is this on ice/off ice?
Old 06-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #724
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks · 1h
"I model my game after a guy like Ryan Kesler, weird I was part of the trade. I like his game" - McCann #Canucks

A young Canadian Kesler,

Quote:
Jared McCann
Centre — shoots Left
Born May 31 1996 — London, ONT
Height 6.00 — Weight 174 [183 cm/79 kg]

Jared McCann is yet another member of Team Canada’s Hlinka winning squad from 2013, and is headed to the 2014 U18 World Championships to represent his country. The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds centre was drafted fourth overall in the 2012 OHL draft and began making an immediate impact in the Greyhounds lineup in his rookie year. He’s followed that up with a solid sophomore season, scoring 27 goals and 62 points in 64 games for the Greyhounds and adding seven points in nine playoff games before the Greyhounds were eliminated by Connor McDavid and the Erie Otters in the second round. He’s heavily relied upon, playing huge minutes, in all situations for his Sault Ste. Marie team.

Jared McCann is an excellent skater. He has great acceleration and very good top end speed. He is amongst the quickest players in this draft class. His ability to change speeds can be used to fool defenders, he loves to turn up the speed at the last second and cut to the middle of the ice, leaving an often flat-footed defender in his wake. McCann combines this with good agility and edgework, along with top notch stick-handling which makes him incredibly dangerous off the rush. He also has very good balance, and is strong on his skates, making him very difficult to knock off the puck, helping him in board battles, and allowing McCann to fight through checks to get to the front of the net.

McCann has excellent vision and passing skills, and the ability to make his linemates better. He cycles extremely well waiting for teammates to find an opening, and then hitting them with the pass. If given an opening he is willing to take the puck through the high traffic areas and to the front of the net. McCann also has a quick shot, and can get it off very quickly, with a very good release. He is willing to battle in front of the net and in the corners, and plays a gritty game.

McCann has already developed a strong-two way game and has become a strong penalty killer for the Greyhounds, as well as the centre who plays against the other team’s best line every night. He brings his non-stop work ethic in all three zones, and is extremely gritty. He shows a dogged determination to take the puck off of his opponents, and battles every step of the way. McCann is a very well-rounded player already, and shows rare defensive maturity for a 17-year-old.

Stylistically, McCann can be compared to Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins. Remember that this is just a style comparison and not a talent one. In terms of potential, his ceiling is likely to be a second line centre who can play against the other team’s top line every night, while still contributing in the offensive end of the ice.

Here are some highlights of Jared McCann in action.
http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/...-jared-mccann/

Quote:
Jared McCann's Player Profile

Skills – Top-end speed, impressive, acceleration, lethal wrist shot, high-end dangle.

Work ethic – Top-notch in all zones, a battler, a dog after the puck.

Vision – Reads the game well, makes the players around him look better.

Defense – Two way player with top end back-checking and PK skills. A student of the game, he also excels in all the little details.

Size – He is not nearly as physically developed as most of his North American peers at the top end of the draft so that could affect his draft standing a bit.

Draft placement – Most of his rankings are in the 10 to 15 range which I think is pretty fair for him.

Profile from: Eldon MacDonald and Chris Ralph of The Hockey Writers - updated Feb. 28th

@IssHockey - "A character leader w/ SSM; plays vital role on both sides of puck." - Dec. 1st, 2013

Jared was selected first round, 4th Overall by the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at the 2012 OHL Priority Selection Draft out of the London Jr. Knights Gold Minor Midget program. Jared was very highly regarded by HockeyProspect and was ranked #2 behind only Connor McDavid in our 2012 OHL Draft Guide.

McCann had an outstanding rookie season for the Greyhounds. He immediately jumped right into the Greyhounds lineup and needed a little time to find his groove, but when he did he was a consistently effective player splitting time between the second and third lines. Jared finished his final 9 games of the season posting 16 points in 9 games played. He brings a number of offensive skills to the table and possesses a quick burst of speed when cutting through the middle of the ice that catches many defenders flat footed. Jared displays excellent vision and is particularly so successful because of his very high level of hockey sense. He reads the game at a level higher than most of his peers and it allows him to create, execute and read plays that some players simply cannot. He scored a number of highlight reel goals this season and possesses an absolute rocket of a wrist shot with a lightning quick release that catches many goaltenders off guard.

McCann was very physical in midget and we expect he will bring even more of that side of his game in the OHL. He was not afraid of corners or battles in front of the net against bigger opponents. He is also very reliable in the defensive zone and is more aware than many rookies at helping out defenders down low and moving pucks up ice quickly. He is strong in the face-off circle and wins the majority of draws he takes. Jared provided good scoring depth on the second power play lineup for the Greyhounds displaying good offensive awareness and playmaking abilities. He shows creative one on one moves when skating with the puck. Jared missed time in the playoffs due to concussion reasons but should be ready to go by the start of next season.

McCann will be looking to improve on an impressive rookie season by not only being one of the main contributors in the Greyhounds arsenal but will also expect to hear his name called very early in the 2014 NHL Draft.
2014 NHL Draft Prospects Haydn Fleury and Jared McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
I didn't expect to be picked by the Canucks but "it is what it is"
1. He was projected 10 - 20 in multiple scout lists so he probably was expected to be picked earlier
2. We were to pick #6, he didn't expect us to trade and acquire the 24th
3. He hates Vancouver, and this team

Pick one, or two.. or three..

His favorite player is Toews and his favorite team is the LA Kings,

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 06-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #725
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
When you say "it is what it is" that means you aren't very happy with the circumstance. Just ask Bertuzzi.
Closed Thread