REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,300
Thanked 4,523 Times in 1,357 Posts
Harley-Davidson Electric Motorcycle






Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 808
Thanked 41 Times in 12 Posts
not noisy enough. pass.
imp>dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 12,584
Thanked 5,018 Times in 2,324 Posts
Who the hell is going to buy an electric Harley? Tree huggers and hogs don't mix.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gucci Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SRY
Posts: 2,631
Thanked 2,580 Times in 921 Posts
well this is going to drive the harley purists nuts..
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #5
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,963
Thanked 606 Times in 188 Posts
Electric vehicles are the future. You can continue to bitch about it or get with the program

Would you have preferred that they made fake sounds to satisfy you ears?

Because the design of the bike looks amazing
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2014, 01:24 AM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,356
Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Would you have preferred that they made fake sounds to satisfy you ears?
Yes.

The sound a Harley makes is of historical significance to the brand, they are supposed to sound like they are going to tear a hole in your anus.

Re-brand it and sell it as Toyota does with Scion.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-22-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:39 AM   #7
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 12,584
Thanked 5,018 Times in 2,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Electric vehicles are the future. You can continue to bitch about it or get with the program

Would you have preferred that they made fake sounds to satisfy you ears?

Because the design of the bike looks amazing
That bike looks nothing like a Harley. E bikes might be the future but Harleys should never be electric. The whole point of a Harley is to be loud and suck gas. Whats next a turbo diesel vette?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 AM   #8
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,963
Thanked 606 Times in 188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
That bike looks nothing like a Harley. E bikes might be the future but Harleys should never be electric. The whole point of a Harley is to be loud and suck gas. Whats next a turbo diesel vette?
The point is we NEED companies like Harley's and McClarens that were traditionally all about fuel engines to convey to to the masses that electric is the future. Because if you had your way, and Harley marketed this bike under a different brand, then it will forever be "my Harley is cooler than your E-Bike". Yeah, maybe in the past it was all about being loud and sucking gas. But as you can see, now its all about going fucking fast and creating zero emissions
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:13 AM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,356
Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
The point is we NEED companies like Harley's and McClarens that were traditionally all about fuel engines to convey to to the masses that electric is the future. Because if you had your way, and Harley marketed this bike under a different brand, then it will forever be "my Harley is cooler than your E-Bike". Yeah, maybe in the past it was all about being loud and sucking gas. But as you can see, now its all about going fucking fast and creating zero emissions

Enthusiast brands are enthusiast brands for a reason, they do not apply to the masses, and as such, do not need to prove anything about future tech.

Honda could market this vehicle, and none of us would have a problem with it, it's the fact that it's a Harley. I will never buy an electric performance or "enthusiast" vehicle, I cannot deal with the difference in driving feel, going down this road is pointless to the people that are already fans of a brand for being what they have always been.

Sure, exotic OEM's might be meddling with electric power, but at the end of the day, the people who are buying them do not need to worry about the price of gas. The fun cars of yesteryear are going up in price and rarity because the target audience knows what is coming, and are buying them up in anticipation.

Gas monkeys will always be gas monkeys, nothing but a generation born into new tech will change that. This is something new, and deserves new branding, calling this a Harley is sacrilege.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-22-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 AM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: ...
Posts: 20,300
Thanked 4,523 Times in 1,357 Posts
That Harley looks production ready. Honda did have an electric bike but it wasn't a production ready.

Who would've thought Harley would produce production e-bike before Honda?
Honda is well known for environmentally friendly vehicle with EV/Hybrid technology...Harley-Davidson? Not so much.

Honda RC-E
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:38 AM   #11
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharing that. I didn't see that yet.
bilgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net