REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets

Non-REVscene Social Meets Represent! Sport our official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net
Now re-opened! All unofficial meets and last minute cruises arranged in here. Includes VLS/VAC Social meets for members to meet and interact. Sorry, no official meets and no paid events solicitations. REVscene is not responsible for meets and events posted in here. We reserved the right to remove all questionable material posted in this forum with or without cause. This is a free service, do not abuse it. #revscene. Follow us on Twitter | fb | Youtube | Vimeo

Old 06-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
German Car Festival/show - June 29 ... THIS SUNDAY!

Come say hi to the Audi members under the "Audi Club Western Canada" tent.

There will be Audi swag as prizes (no drinks or coffee this time around... few people were interested in coffee - and it turned cold fast -, and ZERO people were interested in pop).

UPDATE: Audi of Richmond will be giving out the Audi Swag and they should be good prizes such as.... Audi Caps, Audi key chains, T-shirts (maybe), etc. Of course, there will be MORE of the prizes since Audi of Richmond will be there.

Gates at Waterfront will open at 9:45 am so people can arrive, and park their cars for the show part which starts at 11:00 am

If you are planning to come and park and show your car on the green lawn, be sure to come no later than 10AM as I've heard the spots get filled quickly.

Quote:
Plan now for the 2014 German Car Festival
13th Annual German Car Festival
Sunday June 29th, 2013

Waterfront Park in North Vancouver

Presented by the local
BMW, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and Audi Clubs
Public viewing of displayed cars is free,
entry fee to display car on the field is minimum $10 donation with proceeds to charity see below

A fun day out with fellow German Car Enthusiasts.
This year we are opening gates at Waterfront at 9:45 am so people can arrive, sign in, and park their cars for the show part which starts at 11:00 am.
Entry fee to put car on field is a minimum $10 donation. Net proceeds of entry fee plus any donations of non perishable food items go to North Shore Harvest Project & Food Bank

Event sponsors will provide some prizes to be given away and some other funstuff. There will also be a food vendor available for lunch.

The German Car Festival traces its routes back many years.
In 2002 the event formally became the German Car Festival as Ron Dempsey worked to bring the BMW, Porsche and Mercedes clubs together to host the event.

The event has grown and become popular as a summer show and shine for the various authorized German car clubs.
Those are the 'brick and mortar' clubs that are sanctioned by the manufacturer, and now include not only our BMW Car Club of BC, the local Porsche Club of America - Canada West Region, the Mercedes-Benz Club of America - British Columbia Section, and the Audi Club Western Canada.
As can be expected from such a diverse group, there will some very interesting cars participate in this event both new and old.
The entry fee net proceeds and perishable food items collected are donated to the North Shore Harvest Project.

The Official Participating Clubs with web links
BMW Car Club of BC Participates in German Car Festival
Advertisement

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 06-27-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Damnit right by my place again, and i'm away this weekend.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,525 Times in 1,154 Posts
I haven't been to the German car show in a few years now but its always been fun to go to. I recommend checking it out and bringing your cameras!
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Went last year for the first time. Very enjoyable. Got some great shots of a black 993 turbo. I will be there again this Sunday for sure.
DGN23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

is there a fee for a spectator?
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #6

Free for coming and being a spectator.

Come one come all!

It will be a good festival/show.

You can even show your car without paying a fee/$10 donation by parking outside of "the lawn".
Old 06-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

If we park on the lawn will we be able to leave whenever we want? I also wanted to join some friends on a cruise that day.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #8

From the info I received, you can leave whenever you want, but it will be hard because there will be a lot of people walking around.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #9

UPDATE: Audi of Richmond will be giving out the Audi Swag and they should be good prizes such as.... Audi Caps, Audi key chains (a few hundred.. yes), T-shirts, Hockey Jerseys (yes, I know... that is what the Audi Rep said) etc. Of course, there will be MORE of the prizes since Audi of Richmond will be there.

Event is on Sunday June 29.

Yes, there is NO RAIN on Sunday.

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 06-27-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I have a budding flying in from Regina to pick up his 2011 535xi this Sunday. What a great way to initiate him into German car ownership after years of owning Jap cars

(not that there's anything wrong with Lexus)

We are driving over to the north van auto mall (park shore?) to get the car after. Should be a fun day
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: