REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #226
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Srs question. So I bought 3 tix for me and 2 friend. One of them flaked after I sold tic to them and ended up selling to another person (who is a friend of another friend - I don't know). Now that refund notices are up friend is asking for refund money to "pay back" this other person. I mean, if my friend went and got fucked like I did I would not see an issue giving back money. Am I responsible for paying back this other friend? Would like to hear opinion. TIA
wut, this is a no brainer.
Advertisement
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #227
I bringith the lowerballerith

Long term high dose use changes brain structure and if you're at a point where you built up tolerance for 6-7, i'd re-evaluate my decision making skills and realize that maybe i should take a break to lower my tolerance instead of making it higher.

It's not just newbies. I would assume frequent users overdosing are common.

i have seen some people who pop, near crawling and dead during their first peak but once the peak is over, they say they are fine and can do more, which they do. The weaker peaks and euphoria will delude you but does it really make sense to take more of a substance that almost made you immobile?
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger, right? But the problem is, no one really knows when one more is too much until its too late.

Everyone is chasing the same high and the tolerance is different for everyone but you shouldnt fool yourself into thinking that just because you are taking 4 to reach a level of highness that someone reaches with 1 means you guys are receiving the same amount of risk and harm. 4 is going to be worse than 1, irrelevant of the level of highness one reaches with it. Especially since unlike alcohol, body size is not a significant factor with mdma dose.

At the very least you are doing 4 times more harm to your body. Mdma stacks, higher doses will change your brain structure, irrelevant to your level of soberness.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #228
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
Headhunterz is a fucking creep. Tried to get our girls to go backstage after his set.

Were you in Room 521 at the courtyard? With a DJ in your room for day 2? It was great!

And did Alesso really showed up at Q? =(
Nah son i was 4th floor

Thats friggin hilarious tho DJs need tail i guess
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #229
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilley View Post
^word.

and I really doubt people are getting PURE uncut shit on the streets anyways.
I heard that there were some MDMA in Seattle mixed with PMA. If PMA is involved, overdosing is much easier to reach and the chance to die is quite high.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #230
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
I heard that there were some MDMA in Seattle mixed with PMA. If PMA is involved, overdosing is much easier to reach and the chance to die is quite high.
yikes, that is really scary, especially 16 year olds popping them without knowing anything

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #231
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
MDMA from seattle locally?
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #232
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
man I never been to a event with such shitty music.

I totally missed Carl Cox and Dillion Francis which sucked. stayed for Gareth and went for a bit of Headhunterz

worst Gareth set I ever heard. Nervo,Dyro were meh.

Ummet Ozcan was okay.

I think Kaskade straight killed it though.

wish day 1 wouldof got cancelled over day 2 lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #233
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
man I never been to a event with such shitty music.

I totally missed Carl Cox and Dillion Francis which sucked. stayed for Gareth and went for a bit of Headhunterz

worst Gareth set I ever heard. Nervo,Dyro were meh.

Ummet Ozcan was okay.

I think Kaskade straight killed it though.

wish day 1 wouldof got cancelled over day 2 lol
You thought Kaskade killed it? Wow, I thought he was mediocre at best.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #234
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
I thought Nervo killed it. Kaskade's set was better than EDCs. Gareth straight sucked though. Headhunterz was shit too.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #235
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Nervo was awesome. Anyone catch Crizzly? He wrecked it!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #236
Need my Daily Fix of RS

didn't get in until near end of Ummet's set, but personally I didn't think any of the artists performances were that great. Gareth was the biggest disappointment and atleast HHZ played a better set at FN then he did at Dooms
Bongs&Axes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #237
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
so one person who decides to pop 5+ caps ruins it for 40 000 people?
Isn't one death common anyways for these massive event?
And I'll be getting no refund cause I bought my tickets off Craigslist.
Bullshit
That's rough, especially considering the guy that sold you the tix could get his refund + keep your money.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #238
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSpecAce View Post
RIP to the rave scene we all used to know and love circa 1995-2001 forever the golden age
FIXED.

you young guys have no idea.

If you never raved at the plaza of nations, you weren't in the golden ages haha...

(all night raves, EVERY weekend lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
Long term high dose use changes brain structure and if you're at a point where you built up tolerance for 6-7, i'd re-evaluate my decision making skills and realize that maybe i should take a break to lower my tolerance instead of making it higher.

It's not just newbies. I would assume frequent users overdosing are common.

i have seen some people who pop, near crawling and dead during their first peak but once the peak is over, they say they are fine and can do more, which they do. The weaker peaks and euphoria will delude you but does it really make sense to take more of a substance that almost made you immobile?
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger, right? But the problem is, no one really knows when one more is too much until its too late.

Everyone is chasing the same high and the tolerance is different for everyone but you shouldnt fool yourself into thinking that just because you are taking 4 to reach a level of highness that someone reaches with 1 means you guys are receiving the same amount of risk and harm. 4 is going to be worse than 1, irrelevant of the level of highness one reaches with it. Especially since unlike alcohol, body size is not a significant factor with mdma dose.

At the very least you are doing 4 times more harm to your body. Mdma stacks, higher doses will change your brain structure, irrelevant to your level of soberness.
listen to this guy.

there IS neuro toxicity associated with MDMA. i've talked people who have reviewed brain scans on regular users vs non users. and followed up years later.

users had 50% less neuronal recovery compared to those who didn't use it.

doesn't matter if you stop. it will still takes YEARS (talking upwards of past a decade) of recovery and you still won't be even close to someone who's never done it.

chasing, and going all night exponentially adds to the damage vs 1 round.

people that have developed underlying anxiety from too much popping, have reported that they "got over" and "recovered" after stopping for multiple years. but still cant fully recover back to normal.

anyway that being said, it's still fun and nice to know what it's like. but you shouldn't abuse it. it isn't like alcohol. it functions and interacts with your body in a very different way.

you don't just puke or whatever to get rid of it. if you take too much you will get serotonin syndrome and you WILL get brain damage.

if you have ever taken "SLIGHTLY" too much, you might experience super hot flashes, and slight uncontrollable twitching. at that point your brain is already getting some permanent damage.

once u go over that stage, you'll embarrass yourself by having seizures, or uncontrollable shitting and pissing of yourself while you wiggle around on the ground and the ambulance takes you away. at that point there is no denying you have experienced brain damage, and could possibly die.

just be responsible, dont be wreckless. DON'T CHASE.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 11-05-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #239
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
FIXED.

you young guys have no idea.
Absolutely!! that IS the golden era. Back when flyers were passed around. phone numbers with locations. shit was underground and awesomely rebellious. Metamorphosis, Erection, Transmission, etc. THAT was the rave scene.

Quote:
doesn't matter if you stop. it will still takes YEARS (talking upwards of past a decade) of recovery and you still won't be even close to someone who's never done it.
I could write book about my life since "recovering". Behavioral damages are no joke and I'm over a decade removed.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #240
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

lol @ 09-2012 being the golden era. mid/late 90s to early 2000's was the golden era. Vibe was 100x better than today's "scene".

Underground -> banquet halls -> Plaza -> PNE. Still remember the first plaza and PNE rave. It was a big deal back then lol.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #241
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Pretty lame that 1 person had to ruin it for everyone. I went down for day 2 only, ended up going to Trinity nightclub which was packed well beyond capacity, no room to even stand let alone move .

Since were on the topic of "The Golden Age", for me the best old school rave was APEX. Nothing will ever compare imo.
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #242
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
man what r u kids talking about.

golden age was 2011. When tiesto came twice. And during his Club Life Volume 1...

hearing dat Feel it In Ma Boner for the first time live....
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #243

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMA View Post
Pretty lame that 1 person had to ruin it for everyone. I went down for day 2 only, ended up going to Trinity nightclub which was packed well beyond capacity, no room to even stand let alone move .

Since were on the topic of "The Golden Age", for me the best old school rave was APEX. Nothing will ever compare imo.
strong name to conversation topic ratio
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #244
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle604 View Post
strong name to conversation topic ratio
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #245
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
man what r u kids talking about.

golden age was 2011. When tiesto came twice. And during his Club Life Volume 1...

hearing dat Feel it In Ma Boner for the first time live....
tiesto used to come to commodore every year for 15-25 bux back in 1997-2001 lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #246
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
LOL young kids talking about golden age of raving.... don't know a thing...

I can start by saying, Back in my day... lol.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #247
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
tiesto used to come to commodore every year for 15-25 bux back in 1997-2001 lol.
Armin playing at the Riverside Banquet Hall and partying with the crowd when he wasn't doing his set.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #248

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Buddy made this for this year. Too bad no second day...still salty

Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:09 AM   #249
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

FreakNights 2014 Oct 31-Nov 1

Okay correction maybe just for us youngins that was the golden age forget that there's a lot of Veterans on here

Never forget my first rave dooms 09 the year they had the weird setup stage in the middle that vintage showtek doe.... the year they dropped their new album hlawd:

Things will never be the same
aSpecAce is offline   Reply With Quote