REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #1 has a homepage?!
hi-revs's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,257
Thanked 301 Times in 140 Posts
special occasion license

Not sure where to post this. But this may be the right area.

Anyways, im planning my wedding for this July and the restaurant where we're having our reception is allowing us to bring in our own liquor.

My question- is a Special Occasion License (SOL) required for this?
We will be having approx.200 guests.
liquor will not be sold. Just served by the waiters at the restaurant. (Theyve agreed to this)

Whats the difference of having this $25 SOL and serving liquor VS. Just buying the liquor from BCL and serving it?

If anyone has experience with this, please chime in.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 7,303
Thanked 12,726 Times in 3,287 Posts
Yes I believe any large gathering needs a SOL unless it's your own private property. Even in a common party room in a apartment will require a SOL if you are having a gathering with alcohol. They are cheap as crap, just get one I say.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
I *heart* very Muchie
yray's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PENIS
Posts: 3,773
Thanked 3,719 Times in 1,105 Posts
you might need additional insurance for the venue too

You become liable for other peoples lack of judgement, they can sue you for serving liquor resulting in them DUI and injuring/killing themselves.
There's a phallic symbol infront of my car

MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I just got the SOL for my friends wedding in July, easy and cheap to obtain one. We had to asked the venue beforehand if it was required, they told us we needed one. Double check with the venue. Just need to fill out one page application, take it to local police then take it to BC Liquor, pay $25 bucks then buy your booze. You can return any unused alcohol to BC Liquor.
Jtron is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of