REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   16 yr old Motorcyclist killed in Surrey hit and run today... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696291-16-yr-old-motorcyclist-killed-surrey-hit-run-today.html)

E-SPEC 06-25-2014 11:04 PM

16 yr old Motorcyclist killed in Surrey hit and run today...

http://globalnews.ca/video/1417172/hit-and-run-vigil

Son a of bitch Accord driver probably drunk out his face and ended up running from the scene, Police are still looking for him. Assuming the deceased kids parents bought him the bike they are probably reeling in agony about the whole thing. Sad. People seemed to really like the kid too, very sad.

iHeat 06-26-2014 03:41 AM

holy when I saw this I got so scared and thought it was my friend hope they find the driver and punish him/her

KO7 06-26-2014 05:09 AM

Cowardly runner is so fucked, with multiple witnesses able to confirm identity once the cops get a hold of him.

RIP to the kid, way too young to go and could've happened to anyone.

Vale46Rossi 06-26-2014 05:53 AM

The problem with most hit-and-runners that are drunk is that they are not actually running away because they are hoping they will never get caught, but at the time they are not caught with alcohol in their blood.

It's a very easy loop hole in our system, fuck sakes a cop used the same fucking trick.

It's a lot easier to fight off something like this with a lawyer if they can't prove that you have any alcohol at the time and they can easily argue that he was just "scared" at the time and ran away.

Qmx323 06-26-2014 07:43 AM

Anyone notice the Dealer plate?

Car was probably stolen

white rocket 06-26-2014 08:32 AM

D5 9840. The cops should be at that dealership by now.

Matsuda 06-26-2014 09:31 AM

I saw the vigil when I was leaving work last nite. I was wondering what it was about. RIP

UPDATE: They found the guy

SURREY (NEWS1130) – Mounties in Surrey say they’ve arrested a suspect in the apparent hit-and-run crash that killed a 16-year-old boy late Tuesday night.

A 62-year-old man was picked up by police from his home yesterday afternoon.

Charges of criminal negligence causing death are being recommended, as are failing to stay at the scene of an accident.

The suspect’s name has not been released.

The teen was on a motorcycle that was hit by a car at 96th Avenue and 123A Street.

E-SPEC 06-26-2014 10:09 AM

He was really small i hear too, litterally 110-120 lbs. What is his parents thinking letting him ride a motorbike being that small? Is it just me? N

StanleyR 06-26-2014 10:17 AM

I heard on the radio yesterday he was a "very experienced" rider

freakshow 06-26-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8493582)
He was really small i hear too, litterally 110-120 lbs. What is his parents thinking letting him ride a motorbike being that small? Is it just me? N

I'm not a motorcycle expert, but does it matter if you're 120 or 160 pounds when you get hit by a car?

E-SPEC 06-26-2014 10:19 AM

No, i was gonna say it made no difference anyways. But it seems dangerous to me giving a small toothpick teenager a powerful bike to ride.

Gh0stRider 06-26-2014 10:23 AM

RIP

dared3vil0 06-26-2014 11:27 AM

:okay:

Pooface55 06-26-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8493582)

Whats the point of living then?

RIP

I wish they would just throw these types of people in jail and throw away the key

Shakotan K 06-26-2014 04:29 PM

A sad story, but from what I've read, the 16 year old is at fault as well.

If he's 16, he should have his Class 8 which prevents him from riding after sunset.
The accident was reported to have occurred at 11 pm, and although the sun does set later during the summer, it should have been pretty dark by then.

RIP, always hurts to see someone with so much to live for lose that opportunity.

Article where I got the time of the accident:
Vancouver Sun

The_AK 06-26-2014 04:44 PM

Horrible stuff, not the first time things like this have happened. Hope the driver gets whats coming to them

Noir 06-26-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8493593)
No, i was gonna say it made no difference anyways. But it seems dangerous to me giving a small toothpick teenager a powerful bike to ride.

Dani Pedrosa, one of the top MotoGP riders is 5'0 and probably weighs less than 120lbs. My sister who's a 5'0 and more or less weighs the same rides a sportbike probably better than I do (well at least safer)

Controlling the bike has nothing to do with size. In fact, in motorcycle racing, sometimes it pays to be small.

Not trying to be a dick, but just want to debunk a common misconception by non-riders.

hchang 06-26-2014 05:14 PM

What a piece of shit

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-26-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooface55 (Post 8493645)
Whats the point of living then?

RIP

I wish they would just throw these types of people in jail and throw away the key

why not just execute them then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 8493788)
Dani Pedrosa, one of the top MotoGP riders is 5'0 and probably ways less than 120lbs. My sister who's a 5'0 and more or less weighs the same rides a sportbike probably better than I do (well at least safer)

Controlling the bike has nothing to do with size. In fact, in motorcycle racing, sometimes it pays to be small.

Not trying to be a dick, but just want to debunk a common misconception by non-riders.

this... size of person has nothing to do with size of bike.

a 100lbs girl can ride a 1000gixxer just fine as long as they're experienced.

the parents are not to blame.

MarkyMark 06-26-2014 05:39 PM

This is why I won't ride a motorcycle, i've had enough close calls by idiots on the road while being in a car, on a bike you rarely get a second chance when someone else fucks up.

RIP

Acura604 06-26-2014 06:25 PM

Desi teenaged boy dies in Surrey hit-and-run, old man arrested | Vancouverdesi.com

SURREY — Mounties have arrested a 62-year-old Surrey man for a hit-and run crash that killed Kevin Dhillon, 16, in Whalley late Tuesday night.

The accused, whose name has not yet been released, was arrested at his home Wednesday afternoon and faces charges of criminal negligence causing death and failing to remain at the scene of an accident.
“The suspect is cooperating with police and has been released from custody until a comprehensive disclosure package can be forwarded to Crown counsel at which time the suspect will be summoned to court,” Surrey RCMP Cpl. Bert Paquet said. “Although we are still in the early stages of what will be a lengthy criminal investigation, the arrest of the driver is obviously crucial to its success. We also hope that it helps bring closure to the victim’s family and loved ones.”
Dhillon’s grief-stricken family and friends held a candlelight vigil for the boy at Whalley’s Holland Park on Wednesday night and an online memorial page, “In Loving Memory of Kevin Dhillon,” is growing. Many comments have been posted. Rano Mann Gill wrote, “Very young n gone 2 soon xx.”
The crash happened at 96th Avenue and 123A Street. Witnesses told police the Dhillon’s motorcycle crashed with a silver Honda Accord when the car turned left in front of him. The car kept going for roughly a block before the driver abandoned it and ran away.
The Surrey teen died in hospital.
A police dog couldn’t find the driver. “Obviously, the vehicle and documents left behind provides our officers with physical evidence that will be crucial as we commence our investigation,” Surrey RCMP Cpl. Bert Paquet said Wednesday morning. “Once again, by leaving the scene of an accident, a driver has elevated a Motor Vehicle Act investigation to a criminal matter and will have to suffer the consequences of that decision.”
Paquet said the Surrey RCMP’s Criminal Collision Investigation Team will be doing mechanical testing, a crash reconstruction and poring over video surveillance before seeking charge approval, and this will likely take months.

zilley 06-26-2014 06:57 PM

RIP

dangonay 06-26-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakotan K (Post 8493778)

If he's 16, he should have his Class 8 which prevents him from riding after sunset.

Just because he might have been driving when he shouldn't doesn't mean he's actually at fault for the accident. Likewise, if the other driver was drunk that also doesn't mean they actually caused the accident.

The fault could be 100% on one of the drivers, or perhaps split (if they both made a mistake). You can't determine fault based on whether someone is driving when they shouldn't be (drunk, no license, no insurance, after dark). Fault should be determined by who made the mistake when driving (running a red light, turning in front of another driver, excessive speeding).

Though we all know it's probably the driver who ran (to avoid being caught drunk).

E-SPEC 06-26-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakotan K (Post 8493778)

The accident was reported to have occurred at 11 pm, and although the sun does set later during the summer, it should have been pretty dark by then.

RIP, always hurts to see someone with so much to live for lose that opportunity.

Article where I got the time of the accident:
Vancouver Sun

This makes me wonder, if he is at fault being out past his allowed time does that make it so his family would not be able to collect any money on his life due to his death??

Jaffray 06-26-2014 08:30 PM

RIP what a tragic story