REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Nanny Moves In; Refuses To Work; Refuses to Leave (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696311-nanny-moves-%3B-refuses-work%3B-refuses-leave.html)

Shark Tank 06-26-2014 08:55 PM

Nanny Moves In; Refuses To Work; Refuses to Leave

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/2...ho-wont-leave/

An Upland, California couple has gotten embroiled in a civil dispute with a live-in nanny who has a history of abusing the legal system, KCBS-TV reported on Wednesday.

‘This lady is welcome inside my house, anytime she wants, to eat my food anytime she wants and harass me basically,” Marcella Bracamonte said of the nanny, 64-year-old Diane Stretton. “I’m now a victim in my home and it’s completely legal.”

Bracamonte and her husband, Ralph, hired Stretton in March to help her care for their three children. According to Bracamonte, their original agreement called for Stretton to provide her services in exchange for room and board.

But after the first few weeks, Stretton allegedly retreated to her room, saying she suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and refused to perform her duties while remaining in the home.

On June 6, Marcella Bracamonte said, she and her husband approached Stretton with a “last chance letter” setting up terms for possible termination if she kept refusing to do her job. Stretton refused to sign both that letter, saying she would leave within 30 days. But then she refused to sign a second letter asking her to put the 30-day notice in writing.

“When I asked her why she wouldn’t sign the letter she said ‘It’s not legal,’ and slammed the door in my face,” Bracamonte told ABC News. “Once she said the word legal, I knew it wasn’t going to be fun.”

Police refused to get involved, saying that because Stretton had established residency in the couple’s home, that the dispute was a civil matter requiring formal eviction proceedings. The couple’s first attempt to file an eviction notice against Stretton was deemed invalid by a judge.

ABC News reported that Stretton has been named to the state’s list of “vexacious litigants” after involving herself in at least 36 lawsuits. California defines this kind of litigant as someone who “repeatedly files unmeritorious motions, pleadings, or other papers, conducts unnecessary discovery, or engages in other tactics that are frivolous or solely intended to cause unnecessary delay.”

Wednesday night, the couple served Stretton a properly-prepared eviction notice. KCBS showed footage of Stretton taking the document and walking away without signing it, while refusing to say why she would not leave the residence. She has until Saturday evening to respond.

“This person is in our house, and I have to go to work,” Ralph Bracamonte told KCBS. “My kids are still here, my wife is still here. She towers over my wife, my kids. And I know there is nothing I can do about it.”

Watch KCBS’ report on Stretton’s standoff with the Bracamontes, as aired on Wednesday, below.

Spoiler!

dvst8 06-26-2014 09:45 PM

I'd drag her by the hair out of my house and kick her in the face. My kids safety are at risk. Screw the dumb laws.

stewie 06-26-2014 10:01 PM

I'd also crank the stereo, lock out the breaker box and turn off electricity to the room, put locks on the bathroom doors, shut the water off at property line so she can't shower or turn it back on herself(turn it on when you need to use it) lock the fridge, and blast music 24/7, cook the most foul stenching foods and let them soak into her room, and stop buying groceries - force the pig to exit the house and once she's out, light her shit on fire and change the locks and claim she never lived there.....or have the most annoying people over...put the kids elsewhere and invite a few fat nudists over every day.

Mr.HappySilp 06-26-2014 10:12 PM

Lock the bathrooms, shut the lights don't buy food or water, cut off the power to her room no Internet or phone or TV, blast music in front of her room 24/7 and throw a few moth hive and bee hive right into her room push her in and lock her in there till she signs the from saying she is leaving this instant and she will not in anyway take this to court.

Gumby 06-26-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8493956)
I'd also crank the stereo, lock out the breaker box and turn off electricity to the room, put locks on the bathroom doors, shut the water off at property line so she can't shower or turn it back on herself(turn it on when you need to use it) lock the fridge, and blast music 24/7, cook the most foul stenching foods and let them soak into her room, and stop buying groceries - force the pig to exit the house and once she's out, light her shit on fire and change the locks and claim she never lived there.....or have the most annoying people over...put the kids elsewhere and invite a few fat nudists over every day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8493962)
Lock the bathrooms, shut the lights don't buy food or water, cut off the power to her room no Internet or phone or TV, blast music in front of her room 24/7 and throw a few moth hive and bee hive right into her room push her in and lock her in there till she signs the from saying she is leaving this instant and she will not in anyway take this to court.

Uh, what's stopping her from trashing your house while she is still inside? :heckno:

Mr.HappySilp 06-26-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8493975)
Uh, what's stopping her from trashing your house while she is still inside? :heckno:

Doubt she will make it more than 3 days. If she doesn't have any liquid for 3 days or more she will most likely fainted by then. At that point you can call the police and have them take her to hospital, change all the locks to the house and if she ever gets close to the house call the police.

Infiniti 06-26-2014 10:59 PM

Seeing as how the U.S is "sue-happy" and its court systems cater to these types of litigation, it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if this leech somehow managed to pursue legal proceedings against the owners by turning the tables on them somehow.

stewie 06-27-2014 05:19 AM

Have the kid say she touched him.

Get a restraining order.

Hehe 06-27-2014 05:41 AM

I'd just bring the kids to a family's place for a few days, removes all food/water at home, semi-purposely stuck one of the pipes, and serves her eviction notice due to unsafe property. (it's mandatory and landlord's right to evict tenants when the property requires "major" fix according to law of pretty much anywhere in US).

Then shut off all utilities and wait her in front the house. The minute she gives up and leaves the house, change all locks and starts the "repair" needed.

If she wants to play the law, go along.

MarkyMark 06-27-2014 05:45 AM

This sounds like the premise for a half hour comedy tv show, somebody call NBC

Eatman 06-27-2014 06:33 AM

^
she's Allen from 2.5 men

melloman 06-27-2014 06:55 AM

^^ Speaking of 2.5 men.

I'd board up her door as she slept, (Like Charlie did with the seagulls) and legit seal her in the room. Then what?

Good luck getting out of there through any door after I'm done putting up 3 sheets of plywood with lag bolts. Bitch.

quasi 06-27-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvst8 (Post 8493949)
I'd drag her by the hair out of my house and kick her in the face. My kids safety are at risk. Screw the dumb laws.

Yup, was going to say if there is any reason to beat a bitch this is it.

white rocket 06-27-2014 08:15 AM

Fuckin' USA and their sue happy lifestyle :fuckthatshit:. Pretty horrible. The family must feel so helpless. Personally, I want her dead if I was the husband. And judging from her history it sounds like the world would be a better place afterwards. People like this are cancer to society.

underscore 06-27-2014 08:37 AM

As much as I feel for the family, have they never heard of a background check?

Presto 07-03-2014 09:10 AM

The couple is not so innocent in this. They 'hired' the nanny in exchange for room and board. This violates the state's labor laws.

KNX: Couple Legally Should Have Paid ?Won?t Go Nanny? « CBS Los Angeles
Quote:

The “Won’t Go Nanny” is apparently not going anywhere anytime soon.

Marcel and Ralph Bracamonte, the Upland couple who hired 64-year-old Diane Stretton from a Craigslist ad in March, have started legal proceedings to evict her from their house after she refused to leave their home — even after they fired her.

KNX 1070 Investigative Reporter Charles Feldman spoke to Marcel Bracamonte on Friday by phone and told her, according to the California Labor Commission, the nanny should have been paid.

Bracamonte told KCAL9′s Amy Johnson that she and the nanny agreed to a live-in relationship that would have Stretton do housekeeping chores as well as helping to care for the couple’s three children for free room and board. Bracamonte concurred with Feldman that that was the couple’s arrangement with Stretton.

But Feldman says, according to California law, nannies are considered employees and they need to be financially compensated for their work. In other words, just free room and board violates state labor laws.

When Feldman tried to discuss the matter with Marcel Bracamonte, her carefully crafted image, he reported, “turned notably sour.”

“You know what, if you’re going to try to turn this around on me,” she said, “I don’t want to do this interview.”

Feldman said, “I’m not trying to turn it around …”

Bracamonte cut him off and said, “You’re trying to turn it around on me.”

He said, “No, no. I’m …”

Bracamonte said, “Charles, I don’t want to do this interview if you’re not going to try to turn this around on me and make me the bad person.”

Feldman replied, “I’m not making anybody the bad person. I talked to the labor department and …”

Marcel then said, “And I don’t care. And I don’t want that on the air. I don’t want that on the air.”

Feldman continues, “I was just asking what your understanding was with her about the conditions of employment.”

“The conditions of employment,” Bracamonte said, “was she got, in exchange for room and board, for helping me with the kids.”

“Right,” Feldman counters, “but did you ever check to see if, check with anybody, to see if, you were able to do that arrangement with her … to do work just in exchange for room and board?”

At this point, Bracamonte has had enough.

“You know what, you’re not, you’re not a nice person,” she says. “And I don’t want to talk to you, Charles.”

And then she apparently hung up.

Feldman reported that Bracamonte never returned to the call and hung up on him when he reached out to her afterward.

6o4__boi 07-03-2014 09:25 AM

i'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet

falcon 07-03-2014 04:19 PM

Uhh. change the locks? Throw her stuff on the curb? Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Ludepower 07-03-2014 05:12 PM

worth whatever assault charge to get her out.

Ronin 07-03-2014 10:01 PM

Pbbbbt...I bet I could annoy the shit out of a 64-year old lady enough that she would leave on her own.

What? I don't have to put on pants in my own goddamn house. And yes, the Tupac stays at 11. Oh, by the way, did I mention we're having durian and stinky tofu tonight?

But serious, if my kids were endangered, I'd go with the chloroform and leaving her on the side of the highway approach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8494054)
^^ Speaking of 2.5 men.

I'd board up her door as she slept, (Like Charlie did with the seagulls) and legit seal her in the room. Then what?

Good luck getting out of there through any door after I'm done putting up 3 sheets of plywood with lag bolts. Bitch.

So basically "The Sims"?

multicartual 07-03-2014 10:39 PM

I would just smoke joints and masturbate on my couch

Shorn 07-04-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8497650)
I would just smoke joints and masturbate on my couch

dont you do that already?

westopher 07-04-2014 08:52 AM

It's the states. Can't they just shoot her?

ilovebacon 07-04-2014 03:18 PM

^ and spend the rest of your life in jail?

westopher 07-04-2014 04:15 PM

Lol that joke------------->
Your head.
It was a smug social commentary on how in many states you can shoot someone dead if you feel they threaten your property with no consequence wether it's justified or not.