REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Dear single dudes - it's time to man up

Taken from http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/06/...e-man-figure/:

Spoiler!

Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
sounds like an article for sexually oppressed men.

any man who's gotten enough tail that pussy isn't special (by that i mean it isnt associated with any one woman)... would already be on that shit.

the dude in that article just needs to fuck more women.

the more women you fuck, the more certain of what you want (at the moment).
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
tl;dr....

there's a whole lot to what courting is back in the days and what it is now. We men can man up, but mofo chicks also gotta buckle in and really understand where they stand.

they need to know what they want, and understand when a guy is courting you that you RESPOND.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
I STILL don't get it

I'm a grown man so I decided to man up with a girl I've chilled with for 9 months. Wasn't even afraid of doing it, I just knew it was something I had to do.

And, yeah... I haven't hung out with her in a month now.

jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Inb4 friend comes out.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
I'm a grown man so I decided to man up with a girl I've chilled with for 9 months. Wasn't even afraid of doing it, I just knew it was something I had to do.

And, yeah... I haven't hung out with her in a month now.

i give you props for that.

even if it didnt work, you at least made clear your intentions. instead of wasting say--another 9 months

on another note (not directing this at you jello24):

the most common problem i see with guys is that they fall into a friendzone because they do not make their intentions clear upfront.

or they are just too NICE. they basically become the girl's bitch:
-picking them up at a whim
-buying them food and delivering it
-doing homework for them
-becoming a sounding board for all of the girls problems (which very often include other guys shes seeing)

as Alex Burrows said: 'give your balls a tug'

All humans have a predatory sense. not that we are inherently evil, but there is a natural sense of who is an easy ride and who commands respect in the room. Command some decent amount of respect as you would in any part of your life (work, nutrition, the way you dress) and apply it to your dealings with potential mates

As with any meaningful relationship, it needs to be a two way street. in terms of what you bring in intellect, power balance, and interest

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
I make it a point to be clear and ask a girl to be my girlfriend (or not) by one month after starting to casually date. It's just common courtesy, you don't want to start your relationship off on the wrong foot by leaving a girl that you're interested in confused and anxious. I get pissed when other guys don't do this.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
i give you props for that.

even if it didnt work, you at least made clear your intentions. instead of wasting say--another 9 months

on another note (not directing this at you jello24):

the most common problem i see with guys is that they fall into a friendzone because they do not make their intentions clear upfront.

or they are just too NICE. they basically become the girl's bitch:
-picking them up at a whim
-buying them food and delivering it
-doing homework for them
-becoming a sounding board for all of the girls problems (which very often include other guys shes seeing)

as Alex Burrows said: 'give your balls a tug'

All humans have a predatory sense. not that we are inherently evil, but there is a natural sense of who is an easy ride and who commands respect in the room. Command some decent amount of respect as you would in any part of your life (work, nutrition, the way you dress) and apply it to your dealings with potential mates

As with any meaningful relationship, it needs to be a two way street. in terms of what you bring in intellect, power balance, and interest
You can blame the book Mars and Mars and Women are Venus. Basically that book teaches guys to be the women bitches..... Is funny coz during at interview of the author he even stated some women are complaining to him that after their BF/Husband read the book they basically have no balls left.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
You can blame the book Mars and Mars and Women are Venus. Basically that book teaches guys to be the women bitches..... Is funny coz during at interview of the author he even stated some women are complaining to him that after their BF/Husband read the book they basically have no balls left.
funny because i was just recommended by a female to read that book. she said it is a bible for helping her understand her relationship.

anyways, as "bitch boy" promoting as that book may be (i have not read it), i think the root of this problem is deeply ingrained in Western society. having said that, it is hard to pinpoint or even make comparisions to what a "non feminized" society would appear to operate like as we have been programmed in this fashion already.

a good analogy is: say you only have one native language (English). it is hard to understand/ make comparisions to the cultural context behind your actions, thoughts, speech since it is the only form of programming that you know. --but say you were to pick up another language from a vastly different culture (Japanese). you can now begin to understand the mode of thinking and why people of a different culture would behave/act/think in a different way.

There is a whole set of different underlying values that propagate to the visible surface. Think of past philosophers (eg Plato, Hobbs, Confuscious), Events (Vietnam War) and such...these all profoundly shape culture.

i may be wrong, but i think it is generally seen in Eastern european countries or even Japan where there is less or non Feminism.
Try living and experiencing the culture (you really need to understand the language. as language --> culture) to really be able to contrast and articulate the differences in say, a feminized culture

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
Old 07-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

coulda sworn timpo started this thread
maksimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
I think the author makes an erroneous assumption that all women want a relationship all of the time, when in fact, they sometimes just want to date, be wined and dined, and sleep with a guy because it makes them feel good (if just temporarily).

But, he is right in that men do need to man up and tell women what they want (whether it's a relationship, or a short-term thing).
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I think the author makes an erroneous assumption that all women want a relationship all of the time, when in fact, they sometimes just want to date, be wined and dined, and sleep with a guy because it makes them feel good (if just temporarily).

But, he is right in that men do need to man up and tell women what they want (whether it's a relationship, or a short-term thing).
Man got to man up, have confidence in themselves, be the guy women can lean on, and have his own space. Don't need to call the girl every 5mins. I do my own thing and sometimes even I saw a girl message me, I ingore it because I am enjoying what I am doing now. If they want a response now they will call, message means they don't really care when you get back to them. So why get back right away? It only shows you have nothing better to do.

Seeing a girl now and I never ever text her back right away. I think one time I left my phone at home while I went out. Came home and saw tons of message and just let her know I left my phone charging and I am going to sleep. Got her more interested as to what I did last night.

There is a line between being an asshole and being confidence. Girls wants to date guys with confidence but not assholes. I think too many man are being the girl bitch and hoping this will get the girl. You can be nice but make your intentions clear and never ever lose yourself. I used to be the nice guy and that lead me nowhere, now I make my intentions clear and if the girl saids no, move on.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 07-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 11:32 AM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I don't wait more than a month.

I'm precise, clear and assertive about it. If the girl isn't feelin it, she will also know that she always has a way out. Gracefully.

No point not to be classy about it.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #14
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
wow you give it a month? If I start talking/texting a girl I want to meet her in the first week. I'm not here to waste my time texting someone all day for weeks and finally meet them and it doesn't work out. Man the fuck up meet them right away so you don't wast each others time.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
I subscribe to Revscene

I have an acquaintance tell me that I'm too direct with people esp girls.
He's close to his 40s and still single.
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
I have an acquaintance tell me that I'm too direct with people esp girls.
He's close to his 40s and still single.
a real women likes when you are direct and to the point. Most women have been fucked around a lot and want the direct approach from a man. Trust me it works every time and normally they younger they are the better it will work!!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
a real women likes when you are direct and to the point. Most women have been fucked around a lot and want the direct approach from a man. Trust me it works every time and normally they younger they are the better it will work!!
Even with Asian women? Lol
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #18
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
Even with Asian women? Lol
Show a women respect and that you are an honorable guy and be firm and too the point and Asian women love that. You gotta be smooth and do it by not acting/sounding like a prick.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #19

Lol I'm with Murdoc. I make sure I see her at least 3 days after I got her number. Make it known that I want to see her again. By the third date try to chill at my place and make a move. Let's be real here, if they're willing to see you the third time they obviously like you.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
funny because i was just recommended by a female to read that book. she said it is a bible for helping her understand her relationship.

anyways, as "bitch boy" promoting as that book may be (i have not read it), i think the root of this problem is deeply ingrained in Western society. having said that, it is hard to pinpoint or even make comparisions to what a "non feminized" society would appear to operate like as we have been programmed in this fashion already.

a good analogy is: say you only have one native language (English). it is hard to understand/ make comparisions to the cultural context behind your actions, thoughts, speech since it is the only form of programming that you know. --but say you were to pick up another language from a vastly different culture (Japanese). you can now begin to understand the mode of thinking and why people of a different culture would behave/act/think in a different way.

There is a whole set of different underlying values that propagate to the visible surface. Think of past philosophers (eg Plato, Hobbs, Confuscious), Events (Vietnam War) and such...these all profoundly shape culture.

i may be wrong, but i think it is generally seen in Eastern european countries or even Japan where there is less or non Feminism.
Try living and experiencing the culture (you really need to understand the language. as language --> culture) to really be able to contrast and articulate the differences in say, a feminized culture

don't know why some of you think is a feminize society. Woman still make less wages than men, majority of woman still don't have a life beside taking care of their family. Its still frown upon for woman to partake in a lot of thing, woman are still shun in a lot of jobs. woman still face a lot more domestic violence than man. Woman's desirable goes down with age yet man goes up. Its still a man's world no matter how you put it.

the only thing getting more feminize in this society is a portion of man. Stop blaming the society if you can't get girls. Imagine going through life as an ugly girl fat girls, no matter how hard you work in your life there will always be a portion of your life that sucks because your an ugly fat girl lol.

look at all many GUY billionaire that are living the baller lifestyle with beautiful woman by their side. Look how many of them are ugly, bald, fat and visually not very appealing

case close.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #21
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
ugly girls, fat girls , (fuck, any girl really ) have better chances of getting laid than a beta male.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #22
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
Anyone who assumes that the same approach will work for every man/woman is a fucking idiot.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
To clairfy A feminist society is basically where:
Woman have more overt control/sway/influence over their male counterparts.
just look at some of the group dynamics where there are both males and females.

A more balanced/equal society is one where both sexes have it almost in harmony

And for the most part of the world's history, it has been where men have had their say predominately.

--not a raging sexist but a realist. Men and Women both have their respective strengths and weakness. and when coming in harmony or when it comes to meshing our pillars of strength, i think there is some good to come out from it. Ying and Yang, Pheonix and dragon, 0 and 1.

don't know why some of you think is a feminize society. Woman still make less wages than men,
If you look at most stats, its pretty damn close for most fields
majority of woman still don't have a life beside taking care of their family.
Dont have a life? we are talking about North America. Most partners in a marriage are working. not the East.
Its still frown upon for woman to partake in a lot of thing, woman are still shun in a lot of jobs.
shunned maybe for more rural jobs, but anything urban or in the city is very well represented by woman. especially retail.
woman still face a lot more domestic violence than man.
that is probably true
Woman's desirable goes down with age yet man goes up.
That is just the fact of life.
Its still a man's world no matter how you put it.
not quite

the only thing getting more feminize in this society is a portion of man.
lol. men are a part of society. they make up society. so you just agreed with the notion that society is becoming more feminized.
Stop blaming the society if you can't get girls.
No one here is blaming society. But it is imperative to realize and identify the circumstance we are in if you want to be able to navigate about.
Imagine going through life as an ugly girl fat girls, no matter how hard you work in your life there will always be a portion of your life that sucks because your an ugly fat girl lol.

look at all many GUY billionaire that are living the baller lifestyle with beautiful woman by their side. Look how many of them are ugly, bald, fat and visually not very appealing

case close.

well yes obscenely rich men can get anything they want. and that includes women. doesnt negate the fact that North America is very much feminized

and no the case is not closed. take a deep breath and read it all over

response is bolded

Last edited by trancehead; 07-22-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Anyone who assumes that the same approach will work for every man/woman is a fucking idiot.
there are some good guidelines and maxims in this thread, but you are right in that the same approach cannot work for everycase/everyone

only the person themself knows the exact context of the situation. and only they themselves are aware of their own comfort zones of what they can do

relationships are so very dynamic. it is the hope that any advice given not be blindly followed, but allows the reader to really reflect on their circumstance. Like the movie inception -- people need to come up with their own realizations.