REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Question for JDM owners

what did you guys use to check the odometer reading for fraud before buying?

many listmembers at SAU recommend this service:

Check Odometer,Verify Odometer & Get Online Odometer Certificate : Home https://www.facebook.com/Japanese.Odometercheck

is this the best there is, or are there others?

[EDIT]: this service might not be fully active. i just read this post on SAU:

Quote:
Hi All ,

I understand that there are some qualms about JOC. I wanted to come out and clear it all up instead of stories flying around.
Our Japanese operative was threatened in the comfort of his own home.
For those that have paid for their checks, you will get your results.
Mick, I believe I have sent out your results to you as of 2 weeks ago. Please check your E-mail inbox. If not please flick an E-mail through to JOCAustralia@gmail.com and I will send it over once more.

For now, JOC has taken a bow down out of the scene.
We have no relation to JHC and wish them the best of luck. JOC obviously got the ball rolling for something a lot bigger and I wish JHC and those running it the best of luck.

Regards,
JOC.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 06-30-2014 at 07:41 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
check against auction sheet and whether the auction sheet mentions a swap of odometer or odometer deemed incorrect.

Have seen a few of those.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Any auction sheet with a * $ # or any symbol next to the kilometers means it's been tampered with or unknown km.
bomiheko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Witness protection

i do not have faith in the auction sheets unless you are buying directly from the auction.

there is an ongoing thread right now on SAU about an auction sheet that was found to have been altered/photoshopped by the dealer he bought his car from. the buyer posted his copy up on the message board and an importer recognized the car and posted the real sheet from the auction... the car had magically lost something like 50-70k kms between japan and delivery.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 06-29-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
Witness protection

the service i posted above may not be in service anymore. i just saw this posted:

Quote:
Hi All ,

I understand that there are some qualms about JOC. I wanted to come out and clear it all up instead of stories flying around.
Our Japanese operative was threatened in the comfort of his own home.
For those that have paid for their checks, you will get your results.
Mick, I believe I have sent out your results to you as of 2 weeks ago. Please check your E-mail inbox. If not please flick an E-mail through to JOCAustralia@gmail.com and I will send it over once more.

For now, JOC has taken a bow down out of the scene.
We have no relation to JHC and wish them the best of luck. JOC obviously got the ball rolling for something a lot bigger and I wish JHC and those running it the best of luck.

Regards,
JOC.

new service that was posted on SAU:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Japan...57835010998928

http://www.japanesehistorycheck.com/faq/

Last edited by thumper; 06-30-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

anyone can have access to the Auctions these days.
http://auction.pacificcoastjdm.com/

and you can hunt for cars that have sold in the past 4 months or so
Old 06-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Buy from a trusted exporter and call it a day. Someone that is in Japan and does their job correctly will go though the entire car and list any discrepancies before you purchase.
Its better to pay a little more, then get a shit car.
CanadianJoker is offline   Reply With Quote