REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Bi-Xenon high beam is low and low is high HELP!

So I recently just got a bi-xenon HID's for my Honda Civic 1999 and my lights seem to have switched and I've tried EVERYTHING that people have told me with switching the wires and everything and it still seems to not work I don't know what else to do or what I'm doing wrong... or if I brought the wrong kit I'm not even sure!

Thanks
Advertisement
Russkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
drive with highbeams on all the time

Spoiler!
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #3
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
run the low wire to the high and high to the low wire.. simple

i know you said you did that lread but clearly u did something wrong. a 12v signal is being sent to one or the other, if you switch them then it will fix it.

i do recall my sisters ek being like this and this is how we fixed it
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

You're going to blind the shit out of everyone already with them in stock reflector bowls. Retrofit projectors in or keep them stock it will only give you problems later on.
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHB View Post
You're going to blind the shit out of everyone already with them in stock reflector bowls. Retrofit projectors in or keep them stock it will only give you problems later on.
Do you have any idea where I can get those in Vancouver?
Russkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Not sure if you can get any kits in Vancouver, a friend of mine got his here The Retrofit Source | Innovative Headlight Upgrades you will spend a bit of money on it but the quality is decent. My opinion is to keep them stock, put the money into performance parts/maintenance but everyones got opinions.
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
On a 1999 civic sedan, when you turn your headlights on low beam, it shows a blue light on the cluster. Most other cars would mean that as high beam BUT NOT a 1999 honda civic.

My brother has a 100% stock silver 1999 four door civic, and that's how it works. So go back and look at that.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

The EK Civic uses an H4 bulb and uses the high beam at a lower voltage as its daytime running lights. Therefore, when using a bi-xenon HID kit, the bi-xenon still receives that low voltage from the daytime running lights; however, the HID kit cannot distinguish between lower voltage for daytime running lights or regular voltage for high-beam. Accordingly, your Civic will appear to run a high-beam even when you haven't turned the high beam on.

However, when you turn your lights on low beam, it should still run in low beam setting.

The solution is to pull the fuse for the daytime running light and that should fix your problem. This will prevent your headlights from running its high beam when it should be running the daytime lights. Except now you won't have daytime running lights.

I know this because I actually did an HID retrofit using the Retrofit Source kit and ran into the same problem.

It's a relatively easy fix. Good luck, you can do it.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #9
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

buy a headlight assembly with projector i believe for your car the price is not over 500 for a pair
alpha auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #10
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

for your h4 hilo headlight plug has three pins, turn on the low beam and test it with multimeter and see which one is giving you 12 volts, same on the high beam. then switch the wire of your harness according to it.
alpha auto is offline   Reply With Quote