REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources

Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources All Toyota & Lexus Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
First gen LS400 owners!

Been contemplating selling my car, but I dont think I could stomach it..so I might just get a second summer project instead! I'm thinking about getting the first gen LS400 and going to VIP style route. Anything I should be looking out for in terms of the car itself? I've heard great things about the 1UZFE; some say its even better engineered than the more recent renditions of the UZFE
Advertisement

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,718 Times in 889 Posts
Depends on your budget maybe look into the later gen. As they have a bit more power and even more toys like reclining back seats. I think the first gen is starting to look a bit dated. I personally prefer the face lifted 2 ls or 3 ls.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

nothing really to look for except rust, maintenance history and accident history and if the A/C is converted to the newer system or not... other than that i think you should jump on to Club Lexus and do your research there...

UCF10/11 1989 - 1994 LS400 FaQ(Frequently asked Questions) - Club Lexus Forums
95 AE101L -sold-
GotRice? is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Look for the UCF11 instead of a UCF10 if you have your heart set on first gen.
That being said, I would probably recommend looking for a second gen or newer. As JDMDreamer mentioned, there are more parts for the second gen, at least that was my experience with mine.

Mine was a Celsior so it had the rear reclining, massaging seats and clothe interior which was sort of neat. The 1UZ is a good engine but I found the car to be pretty bad on gas, it got a little annoying after a while. Also, super comfortable to drive but not very exciting which I believe is the point of these cars.

I did wheels, Aftermarket air-ride and eventually a vinyl wrap on the car. When I sold the car it went for $5000. That being said, I lived in Sask and the market here for a car like this is non-existent.
1eightySX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: