REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Collision Kingsway and Slocan

So i recently got into my first car accident last night (Friday around 9:20-30pm)
I was driving straight down Kingsway with a green light, I believe the direction would be west bound? (Away from Metrotown)
This black 240sx on the opposite directional lane decides to turn left into slocan while im clearly heading straight with a green...

Three pedestrians rushed over and asked if both me and my passenger were okay. They left me with their contact information and told me that they saw the whole thing and that the other driver was at fault. The other driver owned up to the accident as well.

What worries me now is that i may lose my 06 g35 because of this guys driving. Visited AK Autoworks today and they said judging by the pictures that it may be a total loss. I was told that since my airbags did not deploy, i still have a chance with the car.

Any advice, witnesses and or icbc shop recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Ill leave some photos of the damage and a rough sketch of the collision if that helps: http://s328.photobucket.com/user/rya...rary/Collision
Advertisement

Last edited by SofaKingFast; 07-03-2014 at 02:43 PM.
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident :S But at least you and your passenger are okay. There's a shop called New Profession Collision that does pretty good work and we send a lot of cars over there from my work. If you go over to the one in Richmond just mention that TS Auto Design referred you and they'll take care of you. Website's here if you're interested; New Profession Collision Ltd

My mechanic at work took a quick look at the pictures and says he doesn't think it'll be a total loss, but that's just judging by pictures :/ Hope everything works out for you man

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Why would you want to keep that car with such significant damage? It will be more difficult to sell with a large claim on it.

Better off if it's a total loss and you can take the money and buy another one
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
pix of the 240sx?
he probably tried to drift the corner without looking lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #5

Yeah thats true and in the end that will probably be better outcome, but i do love that car.

Does anyone know how long icbc usually takes until they get back to you about estimates and such? Was supposed to bring her to Cultus for camping, and Calgary for a trip Not my week lol

EDIT: pics of 240sx are up.
I forgot to add that the other owner had just bought the car and only had 1 day insurance at the time. Watching the video i recorded again i can hear him whine about how that was his 2nd car gone. The accident was also a few blocks from his house...
Old 07-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
That'll buff right now
Old 07-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #7

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingFast View Post
Yeah thats true and in the end that will probably be better outcome, but i do love that car.

Does anyone know how long icbc usually takes until they get back to you about estimates and such? Was supposed to bring her to Cultus for camping, and Calgary for a trip Not my week lol

EDIT: pics of 240sx are up.
I forgot to add that the other owner had just bought the car and only had 1 day insurance at the time. Watching the video i recorded again i can hear him whine about how that was his 2nd car gone. The accident was also a few blocks from his house...
I'll be scouring craigslist for dem rims off the 240. Your car looks pretty bad from the pics. Do you know if there was structure damage/chassis damage? Judging by the pics as well, it seems like your airbags didn't deploy so there might still be some hope. Looks like the going rate for a G35 is about 10-16k at the moment, so here's hoping that the damage doesn't exceed 4k

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
ouch.
and scrap the G, get a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #9
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Hood needs to be open to determine if its a writeoff.
You should push for a write off anyways.

ICBC is fairly quick with expenses, estimates and repairs as long as your have full coverage.
Determining fault is where it gets messy especially when lawyers are involved.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Ouch! Just saw the 240 for sale last week, too bad it's totalled now. Hope you get it sorted out easily.
PLUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #11
private modder

Thanked 2,646 Times in 740 Posts
If you have no plans to sell the car in the near future, if it's been reliable for you, you enjoy driving it, and most importantly you have a good body shop to take care of repairs, then fixing might a better result for you than a write-off. Everyone's circumstances are different.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #12
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
If you don't have too much money invested into the G, as others have stated I would push for them to scrap the car.

Of course if you are sure you want to keep the car, and you feel safe in it. You could push them to declare it totaled and then buy it back for cheap and get it fixed and all modded up. Now is a great time for a sick front bumper, new hood, etc.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #13
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
mileage on the car? correct in that you have a chance in saving the car because airbags didn't go off, but still looks like a decent amount of damage
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I don't see any 240 pics!
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #15
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

If I were you, I probably would hope its a total lost, its a front end damage, the cost would be very high to fix and you are going to have trouble reselling it in the future. Might as well get the best money possible out of ICBC, and purchase another used G35 if you wish

Edit: After looking at pictures Front End and Side Piller Damage.. wow.. Definitely hope its a total lost. Not sure if its safe to drive when your b pillar is damaged even after fix. Damage like this, I hope you are ok
Gamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
Nat
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

You would be amazed by how well a bodyshop can fix up crash damage, as long as Icbc pays for it. Just make sure to take it to a good bodyshop, and get your story straight with Icbc.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
did this 240 have an S15 front end?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #18

I'd hate to see her go but yeah writing it off would probably be the best option
Anyone know how insurance policies work with courtesy cars while its in shop/if it gets written off?
Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #19
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

If the car is already at AK, then just leave it with them. Last I heard, they're a very good body shop (at least a few years ago they were). I think they're a ICBC Valet facility too so if they deem it fixable, they can do everything there without you having to go into the ICBC claim centre.

However, like everyone else has said, if they think it's a write off, just let ICBC write it off and go get yourself another car. When it comes time to offload the car, you're gonna have a hell of a time or get lowballed big time with that amount of damage.

Most shops will have a courtesy car available, or can rent you one. They'll ask you when you if you need one once you have decided on a shop. (AK did when I went to them)
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
If you don't have too much money invested into the G, as others have stated I would push for them to scrap the car.

Of course if you are sure you want to keep the car, and you feel safe in it. You could push them to declare it totaled and then buy it back for cheap and get it fixed and all modded up. Now is a great time for a sick front bumper, new hood, etc.
This. Don't make the same mistake as I did, and push for the opposite. My first car was involved in a collision worth $4,500. The CBB value of the car at the time was $6,000. But since it was my "first car" and had sentimental value, I got ICBC/Penney Autobody to fix it. Wish I never did that, as when I sold it the next year to pay for my AE86 I took a HUGE loss in declaring the damage. Sometimes it's not worth it to fix what's broken.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #21

Yeah if its a total loss i guess theres nothing that i can do.
Sigh i loved her Was about to go through with a purchase of a Ztube, intake, and new wheels too
Shit happens i guess
Old 07-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #22

update: was just told by icbc today that the vehicle is a total loss
Hope the pay out is fair
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #23
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Good luck.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #24

update

Just picked up the cheque today, was 16,318 (they took out the 300 deductible as liability has not been determined yet..) payed 14,000 for the vehicle after HST

Also got a call from my adjuster since my witnesses #'s did not get saved by their system. Guess the guy at the Dial-a-claim line fucked up? Anyways i emailed her the numbers and included a video of the guy saying "i fucked up it was my fault" to his brother.

The other party is apparently claiming that i had my signals on while crossing the intersection..
Old 07-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #25

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
16 grand eh?

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: