REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Who's Crossing Over To Washington To Buy Legalized Marijuana? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696536-whos-crossing-over-washington-buy-legalized-marijuana.html)

Shark Tank 07-07-2014 05:16 PM

Who's Crossing Over To Washington To Buy Legalized Marijuana?

Anyone thinking about taking the trek over to Washington this week to buy Marijuana once they begin selling it?

Go to Seattle to take trip to watch baseball game then buy some weed to blaze and chill. Might be a fun weekend trip getaway. Supposedly you have to be 21years to buy any though.

Q&A: Buying legalized marijuana in Washington state? - British Columbia - CBC News

http://i.imgur.com/prXrj0j.jpg

murd0c 07-07-2014 05:20 PM

who cares I can buy it here.... Now if I'm taking a road trip around the states thats when its pretty rad to pick some up!!

jing 07-07-2014 05:23 PM

I'd rather go down for Trader Joe's :woot2:

multicartual 07-07-2014 05:25 PM

I only deal with dealers that deliver with a selection of quality organic weed

The current strain I get is grown on an island and blessed by a buddhist priest at sunrise and sunset every day with each plant in their own terracotta vase. El primo shit!

Presto 07-07-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

"some stores say they plan to sell some of their supply for as little as $10 or $12 a gram "
:concentrate:

$10/gram = $280 USD/oz = $300 CAD/oz

...and prices are expected to spike to $25??

:heckno:

The normal pricing isn't too bad. That's looks close to street price for 1/8. Since I'm Chinese, I want things bulk, at a discount, and tax free. So, I'll just stick to getting it locally.

noclue 07-07-2014 05:59 PM

I guarantee we will see on the news one stupid person who either tells US customs that they are going to go smoke weed or someone who tries to bring some back to Canada.

T4RAWR 07-07-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8499102)
who cares I can buy it here.... Now if I'm taking a road trip around the states thats when its pretty rad to pick some up!!

i believe transporting it across state lines would constitute trafficking.

murd0c 07-07-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8499139)
i believe transporting it across state lines would constitute trafficking.

I'm aware :whistle:

That would be possession of an uncontrolled substance and not trafficking

7seven 07-07-2014 07:42 PM

People just need to remember that while marijuana has been legalized in WA, the border is under Federal jurisdiction. Crossing into WA from BC you are crossing a Federal border and Federal laws apply where marijuana is not legal. A few idiots from BC have already been caught, banned and charged from thinking its ok to bring pot across the border when WA announced they legalized it.

punkwax 07-07-2014 07:57 PM

Why would anyone go down south when it's pretty much legal here and way better? :suspicious:

Relative gif.
http://i.imgur.com/k4XNNUV.gif

slicrick 07-07-2014 08:19 PM

Canadians buying pot in Washington State: What you need to know - Global BC

Quote:

In the past, Canadians have been turned back at the U.S. border after admitting to smoking marijuana, but what will the regulatory changes mean for Canadians purchasing marijuana in the U.S. and how are border officers reacting to the new laws?

Turns out, if you admit that you’re planning to buy pot, you will likely be turned away for life.

“You do not need a conviction for marijuana possession or use to be deemed inadmissible to the U.S.,” says Len Saunders from The Immigration Law Firm. “The mere admission that you’ve used marijuana or that you plan to use it, or that you plan to purchase it, it’s the admission itself which could deem you inadmissible for life.”
Full article in link above

BrRsn 07-07-2014 09:31 PM

everyone knows canada's the best place to do illegal stuff

willystyle 07-07-2014 09:49 PM

Nothing down there that we can't get up here for an additional 20%-40% above market value. Go knock yourselves out.

Jmac 07-07-2014 10:00 PM

The next season of Border Security is going to be hilarious.

vafanculo 07-07-2014 10:45 PM

I can see why a 19 year old american would come to Canada to drink, but why would someone from BC purposefully drive to the states, of all places, for weed. That's a disgrace to our king crop haha.

Maybe if I was in the area, and staying a few nights. One thing though, I bet the Canadian border guards are going to be looking for those red eyes on the way back, too.

Hondaracer 07-07-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8499106)
I only deal with dealers that deliver with a selection of quality organic weed

The current strain I get is grown on an island and blessed by a buddhist priest at sunrise and sunset every day with each plant in their own terracotta vase. El primo shit!

dispensaries with 40+ strands and edibles > Any dealer

dispensaries are either going to flourish and let everyone buy or everyone's going to get shut down.

boatcaptain 07-07-2014 11:32 PM

my car is broken. can u help me buy a lb from WA op??

multicartual 07-07-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8499303)
dispensaries with 40+ strands and edibles > Any dealer

I far prefer the personal experience a dealer lends to marijuana. Once you know a dealer and they know what you like, they give samples and can deliver any number of oils, buds, edibles or whatever you want.

I find dispensaries are staffed by clueless hippies and hot chicks who chew gum and work their only to fund their next tattoo

boatcaptain 07-08-2014 12:01 AM

^couldn't agree more.i only go to dispensaries for cookies :p

chinewalker 07-08-2014 12:05 AM

Why go to washington when you can go to a dispensary in Vancouver? Say you cant sleep through the night, acquire card, buy the best weed you can get at 4 bucks a gram. To easy.

Hehe 07-08-2014 06:15 AM

So, before we had KK run, now we would have Weewee run? :fuckthatshit:

MG1 07-08-2014 08:54 AM

Tell me where this shop is, so I can be like ten blocks away from it.

I wAnder how many border guards are there looking for Canadians. There were television crews there this morning looking for Canadians. "We approached a very polite couple - turned out they were from Kansas," LOLOLOLOLOL.

People are going there to say they were there the day it opened. Part of history, I guess.

Come back to cross border reeking of pot. "Park your vehicle in that spot right over there, sir." pack of dogs and two hours later................

http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/8634

Gucci Mane 07-08-2014 10:39 AM

came into this thread only to fail shark tank

donesies.

multicartual 07-08-2014 10:59 AM

Border guards have the intelligence of janitors and the attitudes of mall cops

melloman 07-08-2014 11:11 AM

IN.

For thread when SharkTank gets blacklisted for life cuz he told CBP that he's going to Seattle for weed. :awwyeah: