REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Hand-foot-mouth disease (https://www.revscene.net/forums/696624-hand-foot-mouth-disease.html)

Recon604 07-11-2014 07:37 AM

Hand-foot-mouth disease

Anyone got these before?

I came down with a fever few days ago, it was terrible and now I got a sore throat with these small blisters appearing on only my hands and feet.

I went to the doctor and he said its a virus and theres no cure for it except to just wait for it be gone. He gave me penicillin for my sore throat as that is a bacteria infection

SoNaRWaVe 07-11-2014 03:50 PM

i've never had it before. i hope your doc told you to stay home and away from as many people as possible.

this is highly contagious.

Recon604 07-11-2014 04:26 PM

yah ive been home for the past week... only got like a few dots on my hands and foot. =S

i-vtecyo 07-13-2014 03:46 PM

my body is still fighting the virus right now. it started last tuesday night when a fever broke out followed by a super painful throat. As of today, my fever is gone however blisters on fingers and the soles of my feet are still there. They dont hurt or anything but my throat is still killing me which makes everything super difficult to eat or drink. because of that and the never ending headaches, ive been having restless nights... I've tried tylenol and melatonin before bed, yet im still tossing and turning in pain and heat for the last 5 days. I know half of it is because of the pain but i also know the other half is physiological. Planning to see a family doctor tomorrow to get some anti depressants.

Suprarz666 07-13-2014 04:10 PM

I got this last year. I think I had the worse out of most people, even the doctor said that to me.

It started off as a brutal headache, then i started getting the red dots as well.
In my case though, the red dots felts like burning. Imagine each spot being burnt individually. That lasted a couple days.

As the pain slowely died down, each one of the spots turned into blisters. Eventually the blisters started peeling and I lost all the skin on both my feet and hands.

Nothing seemed to have cured it, OTC drugs like advil, tylenol etc didn't seem to help with the pain. Has trouble sleeping for the entire week, couldn't go to work, had trouble walking around the house because of the pain in my foot.

From start to finish I would say lasted around 2-3months before I fully regained all my skin.

I have some pretty nasty pics if anyone is interested lol.

Alby 07-13-2014 04:46 PM

please post! but in spoiler of course

Recon604 07-13-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-vtecyo (Post 8501875)
my body is still fighting the virus right now. it started last tuesday night when a fever broke out followed by a super painful throat. As of today, my fever is gone however blisters on fingers and the soles of my feet are still there. They dont hurt or anything but my throat is still killing me which makes everything super difficult to eat or drink. because of that and the never ending headaches, ive been having restless nights... I've tried tylenol and melatonin before bed, yet im still tossing and turning in pain and heat for the last 5 days. I know half of it is because of the pain but i also know the other half is physiological. Planning to see a family doctor tomorrow to get some anti depressants.

you got the same thing as me. My sore throat was very bad. Go to your family doctor and he'll prescribe you penicillin. My fever lasted for 2 days and it was terrible. Headaches would come in at around 6.

i-vtecyo 07-13-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon604 (Post 8501917)
you got the same thing as me. My sore throat was very bad. Go to your family doctor and he'll prescribe you penicillin. My fever lasted for 2 days and it was terrible. Headaches would come in at around 6.

:( so how long have you had urs for?? i would guess beginning of last week??

I already went thru my headache phase but if theres more to come, oh man...

trip 07-15-2014 10:26 AM

had this a couple of years ago
cant do squat but tough it out
the sore throat is terrible man