REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Hand-foot-mouth disease

Anyone got these before?

I came down with a fever few days ago, it was terrible and now I got a sore throat with these small blisters appearing on only my hands and feet.

I went to the doctor and he said its a virus and theres no cure for it except to just wait for it be gone. He gave me penicillin for my sore throat as that is a bacteria infection

Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
i've never had it before. i hope your doc told you to stay home and away from as many people as possible.

this is highly contagious.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #3

yah ive been home for the past week... only got like a few dots on my hands and foot. =S
Old 07-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

my body is still fighting the virus right now. it started last tuesday night when a fever broke out followed by a super painful throat. As of today, my fever is gone however blisters on fingers and the soles of my feet are still there. They dont hurt or anything but my throat is still killing me which makes everything super difficult to eat or drink. because of that and the never ending headaches, ive been having restless nights... I've tried tylenol and melatonin before bed, yet im still tossing and turning in pain and heat for the last 5 days. I know half of it is because of the pain but i also know the other half is physiological. Planning to see a family doctor tomorrow to get some anti depressants.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 07-13-2014 at 03:51 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

I got this last year. I think I had the worse out of most people, even the doctor said that to me.

It started off as a brutal headache, then i started getting the red dots as well.
In my case though, the red dots felts like burning. Imagine each spot being burnt individually. That lasted a couple days.

As the pain slowely died down, each one of the spots turned into blisters. Eventually the blisters started peeling and I lost all the skin on both my feet and hands.

Nothing seemed to have cured it, OTC drugs like advil, tylenol etc didn't seem to help with the pain. Has trouble sleeping for the entire week, couldn't go to work, had trouble walking around the house because of the pain in my foot.

From start to finish I would say lasted around 2-3months before I fully regained all my skin.

I have some pretty nasty pics if anyone is interested lol.
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
please post! but in spoiler of course
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
my body is still fighting the virus right now. it started last tuesday night when a fever broke out followed by a super painful throat. As of today, my fever is gone however blisters on fingers and the soles of my feet are still there. They dont hurt or anything but my throat is still killing me which makes everything super difficult to eat or drink. because of that and the never ending headaches, ive been having restless nights... I've tried tylenol and melatonin before bed, yet im still tossing and turning in pain and heat for the last 5 days. I know half of it is because of the pain but i also know the other half is physiological. Planning to see a family doctor tomorrow to get some anti depressants.
you got the same thing as me. My sore throat was very bad. Go to your family doctor and he'll prescribe you penicillin. My fever lasted for 2 days and it was terrible. Headaches would come in at around 6.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
you got the same thing as me. My sore throat was very bad. Go to your family doctor and he'll prescribe you penicillin. My fever lasted for 2 days and it was terrible. Headaches would come in at around 6.
so how long have you had urs for?? i would guess beginning of last week??

I already went thru my headache phase but if theres more to come, oh man...
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

had this a couple of years ago
cant do squat but tough it out
the sore throat is terrible man
trip is offline   Reply With Quote