REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
wobble bolt/lug nut experience?

i just had a few questions with wobble bolts or lug nuts. moreso looking for person experience. if you dont think it is safe, great. thats not the information im looking for in this thread and you can make your own topic about them.

for my focus ST, ford fucked up and gave it a 5x108 lug pattern, as well as very high offset wheels (18x8 et52) which means running adapters would mean having to run narrow wheels, so fuck that.

redrilling wheels is always an option, but once that is done i can damn near guarantee i would never be able to sell those wheels in the future. so one option i want to at least look more in to is using the wobble lugs. the focus is at least 12x1.5 thread so they should be easily found.

main question is, how much variance does EACH lug give you? they are most popularly used as a lug bolt for european cars going from 5x112 to 5x114.3. i have found very conflicting information online saying that the TOTAL variance is up to 2.4mm, but also some saying each lug is 2.4mm.

does anyone have personal experience with them? or even one laying around they can measure? i really would like to be able to run 5x112 wheels on my focus.

Advertisement
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #2

well i think i found my answer here, with this jag

StanceWorks - View Single Post - Post your Adaptec fitted car to get free stuff!

lower down he says "this is using pcd variating lug nuts 5x108 to 5x112"

Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
you should try the vw/audi message boards. when i used to be on them wobble bolts tended to be a hot topic. back in the day i almost tried them but the shop i went to absolutely refused to work on my car because of them (liability) so it never happened...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
I'm pretty sure adapters wouldn't force you to run narrow wheels, but you'd need a stupidly high offset unless you've got a lot of tire to fender gap with the stock ones. I find it interesting that Ford went with those stupid bolts instead of studs though.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #5

not sure what you mean. ford does use lug nuts, and you can get both wobble bolts AND wobble lug nuts.

also, since the oem offset is already +52 (18x8) any wheel i would want to get wouldn't really come in crazy high offsets. plus almost all wheels start to look crappy with those high of offsets. i like lip or a good concavity. plus i would like to run a nice wide wheel, like 18x10, so id like to be able to do maybe 18x9.5 et45. if you have to add a 25mm adapter onto that, we're starting to talk mexipoek
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
iirc you can get 11mm bolt-on adapter/spacers.

Obviously, the wheels will need provisions for the studs sticking out past the WMS.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
My mistake, I thought they only came as bolts. I'd be more concerned about the quality of a particular brand of these than anything, I've never heard of them failing albeit I've rarely heard of them used.

Going from 18x8 et52 to 18x9.5 et45 would only push you out 0.4" so that shouldn't be hard to fit.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote