REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #76
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Go talk to John Chow he will make you rich and hook you up with a free Mercedes.

Advertisement
Old 07-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #77
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
That.... didn't answer my question at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #78
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCRZy View Post
Then someone else who can execute it better should take the reigns then.
take what reigns? you haven't done anything yet.

but you have finally (kind of) said something half intelligent. that is, the market will dictate the winners and losers - the winners will have businesses that thrive, the losers will have businesses that go to zero. you will prove us all correct by never making a dollar on this venture, so perhaps your smartest move is to move on.

please remember what i am about to tell you, it is vital information, and is something I have learnt in my 31 years on this planet.

not everyone can be entrepreneurs. I am not an entrepreneur. I'm an extremely talented business person, but I'm not an entrepreneur. I have had side businesses, they have made some good money, but not good enough - i could never give up my career to do this full time (which was the goal) - they've turned into good pocket money ventures, they pay for vacations here and there. I will continue to do side things just in case i land on something that happens to explode, but my main efforts are my career, as they will provide a big paycheck every month, healthcare, security, a pension, annual pay raises, bonuses, additional skills, marketability, etc.

the point here is that every minute you waste on this is a minute you should be spending thinking about getting a real job. do this shit on the side, but you have clearly shown yourself to be a failure at business thus far. earn the money yourself, get a real job, earn some good money - work hard, further educate yourself, and then put $10K into this, no more, and see where it goes - if it ends up making you $1K a month (net income, not sales), that's not bad, that's a mediocre success, if it makes you $10K a month, that's a good success, continue with it, if it makes you nothing, you've lost $10K... move on
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #79
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
dude seriously, have u every worn these shoes before at all?

i had about 3 pairs just cuz i cheap & they were completely full of shit, & i duno why ppl would go out to buy TOMS

welcome to the real world buddy, your degree means nothing in the real world buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:45 AM   #80
Need to Seek Professional Help

Week of July 20th

user joins Automotive Forum to get investors for a poorly made made shoe and gets destroyed.

~So many Laughs had~

thanks RS! Best Bday present evar!
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #81
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
Ironically, he made a presentation on "Finding Your Way on The Map of Life"

This shows you just how useful and accurate diplomas, certifications, and general "proof of worth" documents are
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This shows you just how useful and accurate diplomas, certifications, and general "proof of worth" documents are
i agree with your general point. though really, a degree in health and nutrition really is worthless
Old 07-21-2014, 02:54 AM   #83
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was out with the kids in our cabin in Whistler today.

I am interested and don't mind investing but there is a few things I need to know, which includes type of shoes, demographics and what kind of expansion plan in the future.

I don't want to invest my money into a company where there is no expansion and can only dropship x amount of shoes.

I am interested in spending a bit of money and perhaps opening a retail location in downtown Vancouver.

But I need to see some pictures and perhaps even meetup to see the quality of the shoes.

I cannot invest my money and also ruin my reputation by backing something of not up to par quality.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #84
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was out with the kids in our cabin in Whistler today.

I am interested and don't mind investing but there is a few things I need to know, which includes type of shoes, demographics and what kind of expansion plan in the future.

I don't want to invest my money into a company where there is no expansion and can only dropship x amount of shoes.

I am interested in spending a bit of money and perhaps opening a retail location in downtown Vancouver.

But I need to see some pictures and perhaps even meetup to see the quality of the shoes.

I cannot invest my money and also ruin my reputation by backing something of not up to par quality.
Thank you for your response. I am open to suggestions on how you would like to partner up with me since you are the investor. Trust me, I do not want to represent poor quality, because I care about my reputation too. I would love to open a retail location maybe in Abderdeen and Downtown and Hong Kong. I have contacted Shanghai Tang to see if they would be interested in creating a shoe with me as well as WWE (by creating a Kung Fu Wrestler), MMA, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Via email and Facebook, but no response (We can try again). My mother has a contact to a Hush Puppy manufacturer in Pakistan which she is already making and designing Gung Shoes.

I have contacted Alibaba companies and have a supplier of shoes. We can build a business.

In terms of quality, I would require your help to order some samples with me and we can check them out together.

Please email me (CEO@KungShoes.com) and we can email each other outside of Revscene, which is better.

Please tell me more about your background.

Thank you

Last edited by HondaCRZy; 07-21-2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Additional info
HondaCRZy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #85
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
i agree with your general point. though really, a degree in health and nutrition really is worthless
This is the starting point before going to Med School.

Health and Wellness and Prevention.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #86

you know you're being punked, right?

you know you sound like an idiot, right?

you know you don't actually have anything more than a business thought, right? We all have thoughts of businesses we'd love to own and run, but don't because we either can't, don't want to take on the risk, don't have the capital, etc. you fall under all three!

you know you're never going to med school, right? if you were, you'd have done it by now - you've shown a clear lack of motivation or ability to hustle in 4 pages of thread.

you know what the great point of being at the bottom (which is probably where you're at right now), things can only get better! there's a ray of sunshine for you.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #87
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
I thought Timpo was bad,
......then came multicartual and Shark Tank
......and now we have this Trevor Chan

Gotta love RS.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #88
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

you know what the great point of being at the bottom (which is probably where you're at right now), things can only get better! there's a ray of sunshine for you.

there's always room for more failure.

he could take out a loan from the bank -> find out it was a complete fail -> wont be able to pay back the debt -> get forced to sell his belongings (house/car etc) -> couch jump for a while -> end up sleeping outside a few nights here and there when hes not able to find a couch -> end up just sleeping outside all the time -> eventually sticking a needle in his arm -> eventually getting a disease -> death
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #89
Banned By Establishment

At least I tried, how many people do THAT?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #90

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
4444:

I don't even know why you're bothering/wasting your time with this imbecile lol
Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
4444:

it enabled me to take breaks away from my work - my project right now needs mental breaks... and this is fun... maybe i like fucking with people who have a stinky attitude.

if the kid were genuine and said "i don't know what i'm doing, please any advice is so greatly appreciated" i'd give him contacts to immediately bring in product to his door, and enable him to set up a business quickly and inexpensively, but his attitude STINKS and he thinks he's actually done something, which he hasn't!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #92

Quote:
At least I tried, how many people do THAT?
but you haven't, what have you actually tried to do? you've spend 12 mins setting up a free website, badly - i think it'd take people more time to make a website that bad than to make a good one, if this is you truly trying, boy, you should just end it now! life looks bleak for you!

also, please don't say that, most other people try at their jobs/careers, and aren't interested or the right people to have their own business, simple as that

as it happens, you're not the right kind of person to have a business, as you've proven 3 times (forum, mortgage click through, shoe website with nothing planned or in the works)

also, you tell us you have drop ship set up, but haven't even had samples - why would you sort out drop ship before securing your product... you sound more like a lunatic every post you make!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #93
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
it enabled me to take breaks away from my work - my project right now needs mental breaks... and this is fun... maybe i like fucking with people who have a stinky attitude.

if the kid were genuine and said "i don't know what i'm doing, please any advice is so greatly appreciated" i'd give him contacts to immediately bring in product to his door, and enable him to set up a business quickly and inexpensively, but his attitude STINKS and he thinks he's actually done something, which he hasn't!
I have an IDEA of what to do, but I havent done it yet, that is where someone more experienced, which I would appreciate would come in.

I set up a simple website, wrote a business plan trekking from Downtown to UBC to write it with no sleep, and contacted many people trying to get it started.

First of all, is KungShoes.com a good idea?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #94

hahahahahahahahah, treking from downtown to UBC? what, a 30 min bus ride? a 15 min car ride, a 1 hr bike ride - was it really that hard? and why you need to go to UBC you left there in 2007, move on sunshine!

i actually offered to help you and you responded "how can YOU help me" as if i owe you my help.

you have an idea... so what, i've already addressed that. you're business plan is worthless, don't put any weight on it.

looks like you wasted all that time trekking down ALL that way...

if you need sleep, the swimming pool viewing area at UBC is a great place for a nap, though given your age, you may get asked to leave as you'll be seen as a pervert!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #95
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
hahahahahahahahah, treking from downtown to UBC? what, a 30 min bus ride? a 15 min car ride, a 1 hr bike ride - was it really that hard? and why you need to go to UBC you left there in 2007, move on sunshine!

i actually offered to help you and you responded "how can YOU help me" as if i owe you my help.

you have an idea... so what, i've already addressed that. you're business plan is worthless, don't put any weight on it.

looks like you wasted all that time trekking down ALL that way...

if you need sleep, the swimming pool viewing area at UBC is a great place for a nap, though given your age, you may get asked to leave as you'll be seen as a pervert!
I had no money man, since I had no job for over a year. Sleep during non business hours? You are an idiot without a brain.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #96

Quote:
I had no money man, since I had no job for over a year. Sleep during non business hours? You are an idiot without a brain.
but live downtown... logic is strong with you

alright, this brainless idiot is done messing with you for a while.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #97
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Hey I don't know if you've heard of my uncle, but his name is Shahrukh Khan and he's a pretty big local celebrity in India like bcrdukes/chengman are in Vancouver -- Actually he is visiting us in a week. If you have a pair of shoes I'm sure he'd be willing to wear and promote them in India for you
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #98
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
4444:

It's basically like trolling, but on a higher intellectual level :P

-D
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #99
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I am willing to invest 100% into your business as long as a few requirements are met.

1: we change the name from kungshoes to Israel shoes. This every step in these shoes is a step for Israel.

2: I get 100% control of the company until we have broken even and have had positive cash flows for the past 72 months.

3: you must get in touch with either tupac, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln as an official ambassador of the brand.

Any questions?
supremematt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #100
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
I thought Timpo was bad,
......then came multicartual and Shark Tank
......and now we have this Trevor Chan

Gotta love RS.
i always get a kick out of the laughing stocks of RS...AsRealAsItGets, Spoonworks, Hyde, Timpo, Zhangfei, Joe_45, CiC, $14 balla, shark tank +theone+, boostaholic. Not sure if clever trolls or needs to seek professional help for their delusional disorder.

The only ones I dont feels bad for are cement and scamthony.

Anyways OP should be glad this isn't in FC and everyone's still somewhat keeping it civil. You recv'd plenty of good and fair advice in here, try and be more humble in your response and you might just get a better chance at salvaging said startup.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: