REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
zz
I am Hook'd on RS

Thoughts on Drifting?

FD Seattle just happened, since there's barely any threads on the event, just gotta wonder if Vancouver cares about this type of driving

Advertisement
zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
the scene is just different up here for a number of reasons but its mostly hardpark ive noticed. not a lot of motor sport events are available nearby so it doesnt seem that popular, if you go out to the island, they have western speed way and capital d drift events... if you go out east to agassiz you have agassiz speedway with cell block D... even further east you have drift union penticton and back in the day you had evergreen and formula d although its exploded into a large scale event nowadays.
either way it seems like you'll have to drive quite the distance or hop on a 180$ boat there and back, tends to scare most people off. there arent many motorsports thread on revscene in general, hope that changes and more people get out there... revscene track meets?
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

I was at FDSea and it was cool, I've been probably 5 times out of the last 8 or so years its been here. I've been a fan boy of drifting since the 90s and I'd like to throw money at it one day.
I'll add that although I love watching FD, events like DUI in Penticton and what goes on at Pat's Acres down in Oregon are what motivates me to get into it. My buddy was kind enough to let me use his 240 for a drift day up in Penticton and it was humbling and super fun experience.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/696797-where-drift.html
jaretron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
either way it seems like you'll have to drive quite the distance or hop on a 180$ boat there and back, tends to scare most people off. there arent many motorsports thread on revscene in general, hope that changes and more people get out there... revscene track meets?
a lot of ppl arent willing to pay any amount of money to try anything for some reason :

and there is somewhat of a motorsport thread- westophers thread on his HPDE expeience which turned into a semi-track day thread...

which reminds me.. there's an upcoming day in Sept @ Ridge for anyone interested..........
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
it's true there is a small group that enjoy lapping days, but that group is so small... we'd probably all recognize or know each other. see you in September, what car should I be looking for?
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
maybe my friends black miata.. lol
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote