REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
To the people who ordered, can you please PM me with the email you registered with? Thanks!
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #27
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Apologies for reviving an old thread but I have a quick question.

Anyone familiar with iDNS Canada and can chime in? Thanks!

Also is there a way to remove add ones from my package I purchased on July 2014? I have 2 addons which I want to remove from my website. Or do I have to pay the addons for the 3 years I originally signed on for before being able to drop them? Thanks

EDIT: updated post

July 2014: used RS link to make a website, signed for 3 years(renewal July 2017). Received email saying domain will expire in a couple of days(would be 1 year from purchase date).

December 2014: bought another site on a new account, signed for 3 years(renewal Dec 2017). Just receive physical letter from iDNS Canada "Domain Name Expiration Notice." It says the website domain I currently have will expire in December 2015. And the letter outlines the cost of getting my domain covered for 1/2/5 years for $40/70/160 respectively.

iDNS Canada is more expensive per year ($40) vs. paying for 1 year of domain on hostgator ($15)

Last edited by TOS'd; 07-24-2015 at 06:02 PM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #28

What's the domain? You can check when it expires yourself

It may be possible that you bought the hosting package for 3 years but the domain only for 1 year. If that's the case, you can renew it anywhere - it doesn't have to be that shitty $40 place.

I'd recommend namecheap at $12 a year
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #29

Yea I checked both of the websites and I see that when you originally buy a package, you only can pay for 1 year of domain.

Any chance you know if you can remove add-ons from your account? I have 2 add-ons and I don't really want to renew those for the remaining 2 years of my package.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Yea I checked both of the websites and I see that when you originally buy a package, you only can pay for 1 year of domain.

Any chance you know if you can remove add-ons from your account? I have 2 add-ons and I don't really want to renew those for the remaining 2 years of my package.
It should all be there in the admin area... Maybe somewhat hidden away so you might have to dig for it
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #31

Thanks for the help SP, I'll take a look through the other options.