REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Intersection Confusion

Hey guys, just wondering at the cambie and 59th intersection. If your gonna turn left from cambie onto 59th and the light is red on 59th can you still go through the intersection when there arent any cars. I'm asking this because if you arent able to turn when there arent any cars only 2 cars would be able to turn at every light change and cambie usually has traffic.

Thanks
Advertisement
R3C91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Yes you can, if you are turning left onto 59th then the lights on Cambie apply, not the light on 59th.

Stupidest designed intersection ever.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Same thing applies to the right turn from King Edward onto Kingsway going eastbound.
I don't even know why there's a light there, for years I see people running that red.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Pissed me off when they changed that intersection. So fuckin retarded.
Quote:
Originally posted by phatboyWhat about the 2nd period?
flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
That intersection is stupid.
I used to live around that area and it was never like that.
About 2 weeks ago, I drove along 59th heading westbound.
Then realized I have to make a turn now. Have to turn into chevron and turn back onto 59th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Same thing applies to the right turn from King Edward onto Kingsway going eastbound.
I don't even know why there's a light there, for years I see people running that red.
I was ranting about this on RS a few years ago after I had a incident where I stopped for the red light and the line of cars behind me were laying the horn down on me.

Someone explained because there is no Turning Restriction sign, then you're allowed to make the right turn even when the light is red. Treat it like a Stop sign.

And the only point of the light is so that when there's heavy traffic during rush hour, the green light gives the King Edward traffic a chance to just make continuous right turns, without treating that area like a Stop Sign.

Is a pretty confusing intersection, but now it makes sense to me once I received that explanation.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,733 Times in 696 Posts
Is it unlawful or against the law to turn into that Chevron and then make a left?
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote