REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Suspension/Wheels ONLY

USED Automotive Suspension/Wheels ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Rims, Rubber, Springs, Shocks, Coilovers, Rotors, Strut bars, Tower bars...

Old 07-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Custom 17" BBS RS

Hey guys

I have a set of 17" BBS RS for sale, it's been sitting in my garage for a while now and I was planning on running these in the future. Unfortunately, desperate times calls for desperate measures and I am now looking to get rid of these.

A little story behind this set:
These are custom built BBS RS, originally found on South Florida's infamous 'Pew Pew' red MKV GTI from way back in the days of WFSU. They started out as regular 17x8 et 45 and 17x9 et53 RS's, now they're rebuilt with 7" rear barrels, 2" lips for the front and 2.5" lips in the rear. The centres are professionally blasted and powder coated black and the bolts are replaced with BFI Industries gold plated bolts. The red centre caps are authentic from BFI as well.

Since buying this set from him then, I've purchased a set of flat caps to replace the hex caps from Euro Images (BBS RS/RC Flat Caps - Euro Image Tuning) at $275 USD, bought a brand new set of Falken FK-452's, and had the rims professionally fixed at Green's Wheel Repair shop for barrel damage from him running basically no tires and denting the barrel, and as well some lip damages.

During the Summer of 2010, I got into an accident with my MKV, and sadly these rims were on the car when the accident occurred. This resulted in lip and barrel damage on the front left side, fortunately though, the bolts and the face are still perfectly fine, and the barrel is repairable, however the lip needs to be replaced. Tuner shop makes custom BBS RS lips and they can be found here (Tunershop - Wheel accessories - Outer Lips - BBS - tuning - german wheels and tires - spacers - coilovers). I have taken in account of the possible repair costs and the fact that the other three are still baller as fuck.

Original plan for me was to fix these wheels, and run them on my Impreza STI. But I've since replaced that car with a car that has 5x100 bolt pattern, so now I'd much see someone run these instead of it hiding in my garage.

Specs:
5x114.3 (I will throw in a set of wobble bolts for 5x112 application for free)
Fronts: 17x9.5 et27
Rears: 17x10 et17

Now to pictures:

Damaged rim:

Tires:

On Pew Pew's GTI:

On my GTI:

It pains me to do this, but I am looking to get $1500 for the set as is. It cost me almost $3500 to get the rims to this state (minus the bent lip of course)
Advertisement

Last edited by JaseTheMace; 07-30-2014 at 01:52 PM.
JaseTheMace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

price drop
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS

bump price drop