REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Tokyo/Japan

Hi fellow travelers,

I am going to Japan (mostly Tokyo) for three weeks in mid august. I am going with my GF and living in Tokyo. I have only been to Tokyo once when I was younger and never really got to enjoy it...

What are some cool things to do in the city or places to explore in the nearby areas by train? Some questions I have are:

1.) Best restaurants?

2.) Good date spots?

3.) Local car clubs to check out?

4.) Must do/see attractions?

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!
Advertisement
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

club ageHA is a great club. Kind of far though but there is a shuttle bus that takes you back at night.
clubs/pubs in the roppongi area as it's the foreigner district. Club Feria was great, it was packed to the max when i was there. clubs don't get busy until about 1AM. Club Womb is bumping too.

as for food, almost everywhere i went was great for food. stay away from the kill bill restaraunt in roppongi though.

if you can, try to get reservations for sushi yasuda (also in roppongi area)
SUSHI BAR YASUDA

shibuya is a big shopping disctrict and harajuku is north east from there (about 15-20 minute walk from the famous 109 crossing)

shinjuku is another place you can shop but also has red light district. Go see the robot restaraunt show. Words can't describe it.. get a flyer from a hotel and you save $10 or something.. it's kind of pricey about $50/person

3 weeks in tokyo is a long time.. i spent about 10 days in tokyo and 1 week in kyoto/osaka
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: