REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

ICBC Hit and Run

Close, thanks
Advertisement

Last edited by brah132; 09-12-2014 at 08:30 PM.
brah132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Sorry about your vehicle.

If you don't have collision insurance, then you're going to be paying for the repair. If you do have collision, then you're paying the deductible, which is $300 to $1000, depending on what coverage you bought. Unless the guy that hit your car is found, then your SOL, but you won't be found at-fault. Are you going to the claim centre because they might have found the guy that hit you?

Here's ICBC document on dealing with Hit and Runs: http://www.icbc.com/Documents/hit-run.pdf

EDIT: brain is melting.

Last edited by Presto; 08-01-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
I'm kinda surprised they sent you in for Express service. In my experience, if it's a hit and run, they usually send you to an ICBC facility for a detailed inspection.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #4

Hi, thanks for your response. I was told I had to pay a $300 deductible, which I don't like but they explained to me those are the rules….$300 deductible if it's a hit and run. Plus I'm pretty sure the damages are more than $300 worth.

I just think it's sketchy because Express Shops are supposed to take care of everything for you aren't they? But I got to visit a claim centre now too for some reason. Nothing will piss me off more than having my claim denied for some dumb reason. Had friends who have had claims denied or being low balled by ICBC too many times to count.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

My rear quarter panel got completely caved in by a hit & run two weeks ago. No suspect, no witnesses so ICBC didn't want me to come to them and sent my claim to a shop. $2,048 in damage because some dickhead can't drive.

I get the feeling your shop may have sent ICBC the pictures and someone at ICBC thinks you may have caused your own damage so they want to check it.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
My rear quarter panel got completely caved in by a hit & run two weeks ago. No suspect, no witnesses so ICBC didn't want me to come to them and sent my claim to a shop. $2,048 in damage because some dickhead can't drive.

I get the feeling your shop may have sent ICBC the pictures and someone at ICBC thinks you may have caused your own damage so they want to check it.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of. It's really awkward the part where my car got hit, for sure someone didn't just bump into my car cause it got scraped. There's some paint transfer, but not a lot probably cause my car got washed. Just need to know how to deal with the estimator.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Should be okay.

Just be completely honest with the guy and they'll do the rest. I don't see you having any problems getting it repaired. I'm assuming you have Comprehensive, if so you'll just have to pay your deductible which usually is $300 or $500 depending on what you selected.

I work for a dealership and we had a courtesy car get damaged via flying object (rock) and ICBC recommended us to bring it into an express shop, we complied and after the estimation was done by the autobody shop. ICBC decided it wasn't good enough, so they required us to bring it into a Claim Centre for their own estimation.

You'll have no problems whatsoever, atleast you shouldn't have to bring it in twice... hopefully
Old 08-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
I'm kinda surprised they sent you in for Express service. In my experience, if it's a hit and run, they usually send you to an ICBC facility for a detailed inspection.
Most hit and runs go through an express shop now because ICBC has finally realized that there estimators, who have never worked on cars or really know nothing about the trade are a waste of time and money. So now you go to a shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah132 View Post
I just think it's sketchy because Express Shops are supposed to take care of everything for you aren't they? But I got to visit a claim centre now too for some reason. Nothing will piss me off more than having my claim denied for some dumb reason. Had friends who have had claims denied or being low balled by ICBC too many times to count.
Shop takes photos and does an estimate, sends to ICBC if the guy on the other end at ICBC doesn't like the looks of it, like it might not be a hit and run, you will be called and asked to come to a claim center. If you didn't damage the vehicle you have nothing to worry about. Express shop can't do anything about it.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #9
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

You should be fine. I once just insured a vehicle and it was keyed so ICBC made me bring it in, paid the deductible etc.
ICBC is not stupid, as long as you didn't cause the damage by hitting something you have nothing to worry.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #10
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
It'll be fine. I claimed a hit and run a few years ago on my previous car. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

express body shops can handle hit and run claims, they just write the estimate and send the estimate and photos to icbc then icbc will determine if its consistant with a hit and run. if it does not appear consistant then they will call the customer into a claim center to review the hit
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote