REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Raceland Coilovers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/697220-raceland-coilovers.html)

Russkii 08-03-2014 10:37 PM

Raceland Coilovers

Anyone know where I can purchase these coilovers in Vancouver without buying them online? I'm sorta on a tight budget, and yes I know these are cheap coilovers.

Thanks in advance!

cho 08-03-2014 11:47 PM

dont get these, they break and then other stuff on your car breaks as well =S

snails 08-03-2014 11:50 PM

i have 2 friends running these with no problem at all

as far as i know they are an online item as ive never seen them locally in stores.

keep in mind that you get what you pay for so the quality and ride may not match other setups but if your objective is just to go low, you shouldnt have trouble

also regarding your budget. i would suggest keeping an eye out for a used set of better coilovers rather than a new set of cheap coilovers. just my 2 cents

MADEINJAPAN 08-04-2014 12:00 AM

I'm sure that a local shop can order them for you.
But since you're on a budget I'd order them online from a forum and get it cheaper.

westopher 08-04-2014 12:22 AM

Why not be patient for a couple months and save up a few hundred more bucks?

Its always the same.... someone wants low now, buys crappy low, fucks up all their mounts and bushings that they didn't bother to replace when they should have, driving the car sucks, save up for new coilovers and bushings, go through coilover install again, kick self in ass over wasting 450 bucks and either a day or 2 of your time or 250-300 bucks for install, cry, sell car, resent car tuning for years to come, see old car on nice coilovers, regret selling, allow yourself into an endless spiral of wondering what could have been if you did it right the first time, start smoking meth to cope, lose job and place to live, move to granville st. in front of the closed movie theatre as the drugs take hold of your life, end up miserable and alone.

I've seen it 1000 times and I'll see it 1000 more. Cheap coilovers will destroy you from the inside out. I weep for our young car modifiers.

But seriously, if its a decent car, do it right the first time or you will end up wasting time and money doing it over.

multicartual 08-04-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8512001)
lose job and place to live, move to granville st. in front of the closed movie theatre as the drugs take hold of your life, end up miserable and alone.

What if many of the homeless on the DTES are actually former tuner car owners who mod car with cheap parts and then buried their misery under an avalanche of liquor, drugs, and bus passes?!

swfk 08-04-2014 12:29 PM

Buying online isn't that hard, very easy to ship it to Point Roberts or Blaine. Or ask a buddy to pick it up for you.

Product wise, Racelands are very soft. Don't know about the Ultimo series but the regular ones are very soft. Better than buying springs I'd say, as springs ruin shocks. I just like to keep my stock shocks so I can toss them into the car when I sell the car.

donjalapeno 08-04-2014 12:36 PM

DONT DO IT.

Grim 08-04-2014 01:48 PM

having raceland, or cheap parts is kinda like...

telling everybody you finally got a girlfriend at the age of 25, and youre getting all the pooonay you've always wanted...
but you would never be happy to show this girlfriend of yours to friends cause she's probably a chick with a dick..
or something along those lines.

GS8 08-04-2014 02:03 PM

Take it from someone who replaced 80% of his car's suspension work...

Don't bother slapping cheap coilovers on the car and calling it a day. You'll fuck up more things down the line. Either save up for well built (and more expensive) coils or just buy adjustable struts with lowering springs. Replace all the relevant bushings. Check for play in the tie rods, control arms and replace anything that shows signs of wear.

It's better to save the coin and overhaul the suspension as much as you can / want in a single session. Tedious to go back and forth between home and garage just to add one additional item.

Cheap is cheap for a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 8512165)
having raceland, or cheap parts is kinda like...

telling everybody you finally got a girlfriend at the age of 25, and youre getting all the pooonay you've always wanted...
but you would never be happy to show this girlfriend of yours to friends cause she's probably a chick with a dick..
or something along those lines.

http://i.imgur.com/ZQ9PrKL.png

donjalapeno 08-04-2014 02:04 PM

I will provide proof of how awful they are. You can hear the awful clunking throughout the video but after 3:00 is the parts where you can best hear it.

Russkii 08-04-2014 10:42 PM

Thanks everyone for their inputs. I've decided not to get them and just save up and get at least better ones than these. I've heard Megan Racing are pretty decent for the price as well.

westopher 08-04-2014 10:51 PM

What kind of car do you drive. Perhaps then people who have had experience with certain types on that car can give you some first hand info.

Bender Unit 08-04-2014 10:52 PM

What car are you planning to install on ?

Megan Racing is replica of the replica product. idk...

TjAlmeida 08-04-2014 10:56 PM

He drives
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69725...ic-1999-a.html

Russkii 08-04-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8512364)

LOL, that's the one.

godwin 08-04-2014 11:21 PM

Sometimes it is better for others to learn just by trying. The longevity depends on how the person drive the car and the road conditions along with the quality of the coilover.. so it will vary.

The OP is looking for Raceland, unfortunately no dealers in BC but there is one in Canada.

It is out in Ontario (so you save on PST) Euroline Performance is an Authorized Raceland Dealer « Euroline Performance

Grim 08-05-2014 12:06 AM

why not just chop springs? probably still better than raceland...

kakucaekz 08-05-2014 12:25 AM

Try Ground Controls. They're just coil over sleeves, and it gives you height adjustment. Less than 300 bucks IIRC.

Expresso 08-05-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakucaekz (Post 8512391)
Try Ground Controls. They're just coil over sleeves, and it gives you height adjustment. Less than 300 bucks IIRC.

And add a set of Koni Yellows and it should set you back $800 if you can bargin hunt.

shenmecar 08-05-2014 09:45 AM

Koni Yellows are, and there is no other way to put it, FUCKING AWESOME. This is from experience.

entrax 08-05-2014 11:07 AM

+1 on ground control + koni.

Traum 08-05-2014 12:43 PM

I'd recommend Progress suspension products:

Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

or more generally:

Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

Having top notch quality products at readily affordable prices doesn't hurt either.

MindBomber 08-05-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8512507)
I'd recommend Progress suspension products:

or more generally:

Having top notch quality products at readily affordable prices doesn't hurt either.

I would choose the Koni/GC arrangement but Progress Technology coilovers are an excellent alternative. A testament to PT quality is TRD sub-contracting them to manufacture coilovers for them.

ButterFingers 08-05-2014 04:46 PM

You can try checking out the Neuspeed basic coilovers at G5. Purchased a set for my 00' civic for 700. But it only lowers a bit lower than 2". So if you're planning to just lower to 2" you can try them out.