REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Gas Line & Range Hood Installation

How much does it cost on average to have a gas line extended to my kitchen (for a gas range)?

And how much does it cost to install a Wall-mounted Range Hood (from a Under-cabinet range hood)?

Any referrals?
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
depends where the existing gas line is

range hood is nothing is the existing wiring, or even an outlet is located where the hood is going, or if you have a microwave over the range currently. I'd say i wouldnt pay more than $200 for an electrican to set that up, if that.

for the Gas, cant really give ya an estimate but ball park id say under $300 to run a line and fittings etc. as long as they dont have to go through too many walls or floors
Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
depends where the existing gas line is

range hood is nothing is the existing wiring, or even an outlet is located where the hood is going, or if you have a microwave over the range currently. I'd say i wouldnt pay more than $200 for an electrican to set that up, if that.

for the Gas, cant really give ya an estimate but ball park id say under $300 to run a line and fittings etc. as long as they dont have to go through too many walls or floors
There is a fireplace in my Kitchen, they are in the same room. Will that make it easier?

I have no clue about the existing rangehood. There is no microwave over the range. The existing range hood is underneath a cabinet. We are planning to wreck that to install a Wall-mounted rangehood.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
it all matters how easy it will be to run the actual line, these guys charge about $75hr and this could be a 5hr job + parts so to play it safe it will cost between 600-1000 by a good contractor
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
it all matters how easy it will be to run the actual line, these guys charge about $75hr and this could be a 5hr job + parts so to play it safe it will cost between 600-1000 by a good contractor
That's the cost of my gas range. Crazy!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
That's the cost of my gas range. Crazy!
buying the range is the easy part, you want a nice clean job that's up to code
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Whoever you hired to do gas, make sure they are a registered company with BC safety authority, and have insurance.

Just incase anything blows up, your house insurance will cover you.

Anything with gas, is not a job that you buy your buddy a 12 pack and you guys can hack it out.

need more info pm me
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
It'll be tough finding a qualified gasfitter (bonded, licensed and insured) to work for $75/hour, unless they're moonlighting. I would say closer to $100-120/hour + materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
Whoever you hired to do gas, make sure they are a registered company with BC safety authority, and have insurance.
AGREED!