REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-29-2014, 12:15 AM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 18,418 Times in 3,973 Posts
E90 m3 dct?!
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:40 AM   #27
RS controls my life!

I am hearing great things about the new 2015 Acura TLX. It should run you just under $40k after negotiations for a base model which is pretty loaded already with bluetooth/usb/smartkey, other standard Acura stuff.

I believe the $4000 jump to the "Tech" trim gives navigation with AcuraLink, ELS Audio system, all of the blind spot/lane keeping features in fancy cars these days, and adds rear heated seats and rear door keyless lock/unlock which I find is a nice feature.
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 AM   #28
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,684 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
What makes the miata so fun to you guys? I want one
Small, good handling, one of the best manuals to drive, good on gas, no power at all but something about driving a car that winks makes you smile.

I'd have one too as a second car if I had another garage spot.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,308 Times in 380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Small, good handling, one of the best manuals to drive, good on gas, no power at all but something about driving a car that winks makes you smile.

I'd have one too as a second car if I had another garage spot.
Was planning to sell my old corolla for one lol
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 3,709 Times in 675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
E90 m3 dct?!
My budget could get me a 2008 or 2009 E90 M3 but most appear to be US cars or rebuilds. I looked at 2008-2011 IS F (both S1 and S2) but mother says she wants a new car. At this point I realize I shouldn't blow parents money to own a nice car. So I should go back to my Miata days where I'm proud to say I bought it myself! Big gas guzzling V8 for later haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazorcoop View Post
I am hearing great things about the new 2015 Acura TLX. It should run you just under $40k after negotiations for a base model which is pretty loaded already with bluetooth/usb/smartkey, other standard Acura stuff.

I believe the $4000 jump to the "Tech" trim gives navigation with AcuraLink, ELS Audio system, all of the blind spot/lane keeping features in fancy cars these days, and adds rear heated seats and rear door keyless lock/unlock which I find is a nice feature.
Sorry man last thing I want is a big dull automatic Acura, my mom required an automatic so twin clutch is (sort of LOL) a priority. I used to have a 6MT TSX and selling it was a huge mistake! The CL7/CL9 body was the best
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2014, 11:24 AM   #31
I am Hook'd on RS

Consider the new C-Class if you'd be interested in leasing. Residuals for the 2015s right now are very high (75/67/61/51% for 24/36/48/60mo for a no option C300/400, 18,000km a year)- fairly low payments and it'd make sense if you want to move on to something else in a few years.

7G-tronic is one of the better slushboxes, but still not a DCT or anything so make of that what you will.

Last edited by yamanote; 08-31-2014 at 02:02 PM.
yamanote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #32
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,684 Times in 903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
Sorry man last thing I want is a big dull automatic Acura, my mom required an automatic so twin clutch is (sort of LOL) a priority. I used to have a 6MT TSX and selling it was a huge mistake! The CL7/CL9 body was the best
I-4 TLX is a twin clutch
Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #33
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 3,709 Times in 675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
Consider the new C-Class if you'd be interested in leasing. Residuals for the 2015s right now are very high (75/67/61/51% for 24/36/48/60mo for a no option C300/400, 18,000km a year)- fairly low payments and it'd make sense if you want to move on to something else in a few years.

7G-tronic is one of the better slushboxes, but still not a DCT or anything so make of that what you will.
I compared the CLA250 and the IS250 and the CLA specs seem to come up on top. For the same price it's a AWD twin clutch. It was decently peppy but didn't click for me. Still a great car though

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
I-4 TLX is a twin clutch
Needs more JDM heuheuehueheu
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote