REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Asphalt overspray on new car. Help!

Hey guys,

Need advice/help. So our street got new pavement/asphalt. The car was parked in our driveway which is set back a bit from the street and just noticed yesterday before washing the car that there is small specks of black asphalt ALL over the paint/trim and even windows it seems.

The car is brand new and silver color so it is noticeable when u look up close. called the company that did the road and they said to go to All Care Solutions on lougheed hwy (they have an account there)

Do you guys know what the process would be to remove these specks of asphalt without damaging the paint. I have clay bared before and I believe that will take it off but considering how many specks there is it would involve alot of rubbing and I am worried about swirls etc. I have also read wd-40 works?

Anyone know anything about All Care Solutions? I really want to know all my info before going there because I don't want it to become worse or the paint further damaged by careless work by a detailer. I want to make sure they know what they are doing.

Let me know. thanks
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Use a bug and TAR remover, let it soak, then clay the damn thing. See if that fixes it before you let someone else do exactly that to your new car...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
It's not rocket science. Just go to the place they have an account with and ASK THEM. Then you know exactly what will be done instead of internet peeps saying what might, or what could be possibly done.

Open and shut case as far as I'm concerned.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
It's not rocket science. Just go to the place they have an account with and ASK THEM. Then you know exactly what will be done instead of internet peeps saying what might, or what could be possibly done.

Open and shut case as far as I'm concerned.
Well if they tell that X will work etc or they will be doing a certain type of process to remove it, I'd prefer to have some knowledge before agreeing to them looking after the job. But I see what you are saying as well.

Bug and Tar remover will not work. I've used it before, it bearly gets rid of bug guts let alone any tar.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

wd40
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
Well if they tell that X will work etc or they will be doing a certain type of process to remove it, I'd prefer to have some knowledge before agreeing to them looking after the job. But I see what you are saying as well.

Bug and Tar remover will not work. I've used it before, it bearly gets rid of bug guts let alone any tar.
Okay, and read the rest of my post. Try using bug and tar remover (i'd recommend the Adam's product- VERY powerful) then let it soak and clay it.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
you should try asking here:

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech - REVscene Automotive Forum

someone like ken might have a solution for your problem if nothing mentioned in this thread worked.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote