REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 08-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Boaters and pleasure craft thread

I know its a little late in the season to start this thread, but we finally just recently got the motor rebuilt on our searay 220 bowrider, so expensive and took awhile to save for it ( winterize fail)

Who's a boater on here and what's some of your fav places to go boating?

Share your boating(pleasure craft) tips and tricks here as well!

I'm still a noob when it comes to pulling the boat behind the truck so even towing tips are welcome here.

any tips on launching and loading water craft?

i'll probably be taking the boat out more often the rest of this season (or try to at least) boating can be and is expensive
Advertisement
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I'll pleasure your craft.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Oddly enough, I got emailed from the boaterexam.com site yesterday for the first time in years...what are the odds a thread is made today lol.

Not a big boat, 12ft Lund with just a small 6hp motor to get me around lakes to fish.

Back up tip - hold your hands at 8 and 4, look in your side mirrors only. If you've looking in the right mirror and you need the boat to go to your right - move the wheel counter clockwise. Looking in left mirror - need boat to turn left, turn the wheel clockwise. Basically feed the wheel from the bottom and towards the mirror your looking in. Longer the boat/trailer, easier it is(for me at least)
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
thanks definitely gonna remember that. hell you might even see me at lansdowne practicing boat and all

pleasure craft operator cards are lifetime afaik
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
keep a car wash brush in the truck and hose it down at the launch if you're doin runs on salt water.

launching from horse shoe bay area you have access to TONS of amazing fishing spots. bounce a few lures off the bottom and you'll have a boat full of flounder in no time.

as for towing, do you have airbags to reduce the sag? make sure to grease everything well and keep an eye on the brakes every season to ensure they dont rust shut lol.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
i got a 20 foot maxum bowrider.

best tip i learned was to unplug your trailer lights right before you put your trailer in the water..

I just replaced my exhaust manifolds on my 305 V8.. I thought that hooking up the garden hose to the leg and running the motor was enough to flush out the salt water, but man that salt water did a number on my exhaust parts.. you basically have to take your boat to a lake and run it properly to get the salt water out.
Renthal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: