REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
9 year old with an UZI kills instructor

A 9-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed a shooting instructor with an automatic Uzi in White Hills, Arizona, authorities said in a statement Tuesday.

The girl, who was unidentified, shot 39-year-old instructor Charles Vacca in the head on Monday, Mohave County Sherriff's deputies said in a release. She was learning how to use the weapon. The shooting took place around 10 a.m., local time, at Last Stop, a business with a shooting range that's located in the ghost town. The girl, who police did not identify, was accompanied by her parents.

and it's not the first time

Kid ends up shooting himself and dying.
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
well you know what's next... ban 9 year olds
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
OMGEE BAN ALL THE GUNS Z

It's the instructors fault.

Anti-Gun Hipsters are annoying as fuck.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Joking aside, they seriously need to stop idiots from owning firearms.
Hand a kid a automatic sub machine gun that an adult has to muscle on target and be surprised that they end up spraying it around.

So sad about that girl. Living with that kind of thing for the rest of your life.

BAN STUPIDITY!!!

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
How many children died from gun accidents VS, say, drowning last year?

ban water!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
The problem here was they started too late. Every child should be trained to use an Uzi by kindergarten.

How many children died from being left in a hot car last year VS say, using a gun they don't have the strength to hold? Let's go after the real killer here, the sun.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #8

Thanked 8,902 Times in 3,865 Posts
^ Everyone who has consumed H2O has died, or will die within the next 100 years.

FEAR THE REAL KILLER.

Being serious, idiots need to stop letting kids handle larger guns. If you want to teach them to shoot and respect guns, start them off with something they can actually handle. If you want to teach a kid to dirtbike you don't put them on a motocross race bike, if you want to teach a kid to fish you don't take them halibut fishing. This is no different, at least this time it was the dumbass instructor who won the Darwin award.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,283 Times in 2,503 Posts
Obviously this is yet another moment in the humane race, but I wonder who should bear more of the blame? The parents who sent their children out to the shooting range, knowingly (or unknowingly) allow their kid to play with a Uzi? The instructor who allowed the kid to use the (semi?) automatic weapon? The shooting range that allows for such a program in the first place?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Can't fix stupid

multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Obviously this is yet another moment in the humane race, but I wonder who should bear more of the blame? The parents who sent their children out to the shooting range, knowingly (or unknowingly) allow their kid to play with a Uzi? The instructor who allowed the kid to use the (semi?) automatic weapon? The shooting range that allows for such a program in the first place?
Who's to blame for handing a 9 year old a full auto firearm with no training.....I would say the trainer who in the video is instructing the girl to fire the firearm. My daughters shoot little single shot 22's and they love it to death however they are not being handed my TRG-42 in 338LM to just go blast away with nothing more than my words as instruction. The person to "blame" is the guy just to the left of that video what gets shot.

The rest of that statement comes down to opinion, not blame.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #12
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
This necessitates safety labels on guns with a warning that misoperation or uncontrolled use of fire arm may cause death.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
This necessitates safety labels on guns with a warning that misoperation or uncontrolled use of fire arm may cause death.
Interesting thing, all the firearms I have bought new have these warnings on them.....all over them. Always on on the trigger itself and more where you would load it and in the owners manual.
No decal will make a person smart tho.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #14

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
"instructor"
Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #15
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
You know what would have solved this problem? More guns, right? If you don't see something wrong with a culture that allows children to handle an automatic firearm, supervised or not, you are fucking batshit crazy. I'm neither pro-gun or anti-gun, however, america's attitude towards guns needs a serious fucking adjustment.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,751 Times in 3,867 Posts
Finally westopher something we absolutely agree on
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
I thought we agreed on lots of stuff other than style 5s on e36 m3s
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #18

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You know what would have solved this problem? More guns, right? If you don't see something wrong with a culture that allows children to handle an automatic firearm, supervised or not, you are fucking batshit crazy. I'm neither pro-gun or anti-gun, however, america's attitude towards guns needs a serious fucking adjustment.
From what I've seen here, if you're not pro-gun you're anti-gun. There is no middle ground with the people in this forum. People like to jump on each others throats here even when someone makes a logical and sound argument such as yours. The same trolls will go to every gun-related thread and post their "ban all kids" jokes in there.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #19
RS controls my life!

Why is there a uzi in the hands of a 9 yr old... Why does a 9yr old need to be trained how to use Uzi???

Whats next, grenades?
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #20
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Is the "american" culture. Guns/shooting range for them can be considered family time activity. Especially when the parents are gun loving hobbyist, I am sure they will feel like is normal for their son and daughter to be handling a high powered gun.

Although I am surprise the instructor would stand on the side and not behind.. or at least assist in holding the gun for her knowing an uzi has a pretty big recoil.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #21
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
I like guns, I still think americans are retarded though.

I wouldn't want to live in a society where I don't feel safe leaving home without a gun tucked into my waistband, but that's simply the case in America due to the double-edged sword that is their gun laws. The uzi sounds like a fun gun to use at the range, but in practicality it's just designed to kill in close range -- why else would you need a high capacity mag, full auto, and relatively shitty long range accuracy
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #22
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,283 Times in 2,503 Posts
I fully understand the right to bear arms is written into the American constitution in the 2nd amendment, and I don't have a problem with people interested in having firearms as a hobby. But really, while the American frontier attitude of the 2nd amendment is appropriate during the late 1700's, I seriously question how out of touch the attitude has become in the current day and age.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #23
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I fully understand the right to bear arms is written into the American constitution in the 2nd amendment, and I don't have a problem with people interested in having firearms as a hobby. But really, while the American frontier attitude of the 2nd amendment is appropriate during the late 1700's, I seriously question how out of touch the attitude has become in the current day and age.
Not to sound all CIC, but you don't think that in the event the government really stops acting in the best interests of its people, that it would be extremely beneficial for it's citizens to be armed in maintain order?
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #24

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Not to sound all CIC, but you don't think that in the event the government really stops acting in the best interests of its people, that it would be extremely beneficial for it's citizens to be armed in maintain order?
I'm not Traum but I'd say...

1) The government stopped acting in the best interests of its citizens a long time ago (and I'm not a "overthrow govt" type - just a realist)

2) When you say "maintain order" do you mean to rebel against the gov't or to manage the new "civilian" run state? For the former, I'd say the gov't advantage in firepower is so overwhelming that there's no scenario where arming a militia makes any difference other than to get more people killed. For the latter, if we've overthrown the gov't we'll have access to their weapons.

I think it's only because we are so close to the US that we'd even consider these crazy frontier notions of gun ownership. In Europe (or other democracies) it's near insane for citizens to have guns (other than for hunting).
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #25

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Why is there a uzi in the hands of a 9 yr old?
Because her parents paid 100 bux. Last time I was in Vegas i shot a M16 after having only a couple a minutes of training.

It's funny if you go ta any American gun forums they will talk about how stupid the instructor was and a 9 year old should not be firing a UZI but then they say I don't think they should make any new laws.

To become a certified NRA instructor all you have to do is take a one day class and write a open book exam.