REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > Parts & Service Finder VENDORS Forum

Parts & Service Finder VENDORS Forum Need some Parts or get something installed on your car? Don't know which sponsor carries the brand or does the job? ASK AWAY IN HERE
Members: Post your questions!
Sponsors: Post up your responses!

Old 09-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

2008 C300 door lock actuator fix

Bit of a long shot, but are there any alternatives to getting this fixed at the dealer? They quoted around $800 on the phone for the parts and labor. The car is going to be sold, so I'd like to try to fix it for less.

Thanks
Advertisement
maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
get the part number,purchase the part aftermarket online and have it fixed some place else for cheaper.
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
get the part number,purchase the part aftermarket online and have it fixed some place else for cheaper.
It's the "some place else for cheaper" part that I need help with.
I've gone to 3 garages, and all have told me to go directly to the dealer.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
2008 C300 driver door lock - MBWorld.org Forums
apparently you're not the only one with door lock issues ... this thread they briefly talk about what's involved -- sounds like it's a lot more involved than other cars ... I've done it on hondas/old BMW's and it was a pain in the ass without having to deal with pop rivets/removing airbags. Best of luck to you

If you want an indy merc shop, only one that I know of:
Flying Tiger Development - Richmond, BC | Yelp
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
2008 C300 driver door lock - MBWorld.org Forums
apparently you're not the only one with door lock issues ... this thread they briefly talk about what's involved -- sounds like it's a lot more involved than other cars ... I've done it on hondas/old BMW's and it was a pain in the ass without having to deal with pop rivets/removing airbags. Best of luck to you

If you want an indy merc shop, only one that I know of:
Flying Tiger Development - Richmond, BC | Yelp
You're right, there is a lot involved, and I guess that's why no one wants to touch it. I've also worked on Honda's before, I don't remember them requiring nearly as much labor as the Mercedes. Thanks for the advice. I'll contact flying tiger in the morning and hope for the best