REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
F56 Mini Cooper, impossible to get discount?

So I finally moved back to Vancouver (yay) after 3 years out East.

Wife and kid would be mainly in SoCal for at least another 2 years while I would travel every week or two for work/meet family, so getting a full-size car doesn't make much sense in my head although the current M6 GC is fucking amazing.

So, I thought about getting a Mini Cooper, a car I'ved always wanted but never found practical for what's going in my life.

The one I have my eyes is a fully loaded Cooper with all the tech options (me=geek, so, LED, NAV, Parking... the whole shebang), which is just under 40k tax in.

But when negotiating, the discount seems minimum even when I push hard. Like less than 1k.

Is it normal for Mini or I'm simply getting hard sale people? ... if that's the case, can anyone recommend a Mini sales?
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i have no experience with the Mini product but some cars just have no markup and unless the dealership is willing to take a hit for the sale you wont see much of a discount.. that being said you could wait for some sort of sale or wait till the end of the month. alot of sales managers will set goals with incentives for sales people, nearing the end of the month will be crunch time and they are willing to let more slide.

also if you have a trade in that could work well to your advantage.. unless its a POS they can make money on it so it is a decent bargaining chip
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #3

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
I hear good things from Langley Mini
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Also, worth noting are you choosing from stock on the lot, or are you ordering from factory and just being delivered to said dealership. If it's not on the lot, no insentive to slash the price
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

$500 - $1000 off msrp is the norm for the new F56s.
amusegt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
it just came out

go shop around

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #7
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Get a quote from Yaletown, then get a quote from Richmond, then get a quote from langley.

Whoever had the better salesperson that you like more, show them the cheapest quote and ask them to beat it.

Done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wait until 2015?
Old 09-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
^^^

Pretty much. I just bought my truck and saved quite a bit of money just going to every big dealership and getting a quote, then calling them back seeing if they'd beat a price from the other dealer. It's amazing how quick "this is the best we can do" changes when you show them emails of another dealer offering a better deal. It also comes down to how much of those cars they sell too though. If it's selling well then they probably won't lower the price much. But yeah some dealerships are wayyyy better to work with and a lot less shady.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Email 4-5 mini dealers and tell them the exact car you are buying, what options, if finance, what term/downpayment/etc, or cash, ask for "all in" pricing including all fees, taxes, EVERYTHING, tell them you are comparing 4-5 mini dealers and the cheapest gets your business.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Are you paying cash or finance/lease? I know that my parents got a pretty decent discount for paying all at once for the Sienna

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
RS Licensed Vendor

I would go to the different dealerships to see who could give you the best deal.

Emailing is too informal and won't result in the best price. Too many time wasters over email and it's not face to face. In person shows that you're ready to buy soon and people will work harder to get you to buy.

Don't sign anything or give too much personal info on yourself (address, phone number etc). Otherwise you may walk into another dealership and find you'll be getting the same price every where you go. Just get their business card and the price. They may put you in their database and lock you in with a quote that you signed so no one else can beat it.

If they won't give you an estimate with out signing anything then bring your business elsewhere.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #13
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
I would go to the different dealerships to see who could give you the best deal.

Emailing is too informal and won't result in the best price. Too many time wasters over email and it's not face to face. In person shows that you're ready to buy soon and people will work harder to get you to buy.

Don't sign anything or give too much personal info on yourself (address, phone number etc). Otherwise you may walk into another dealership and find you'll be getting the same price every where you go. Just get their business card and the price. They may put you in their database and lock you in with a quote that you signed so no one else can beat it.

If they won't give you an estimate with out signing anything then bring your business elsewhere.

No. From experience dealers WILL compete for your business via email. This won't work with pretty much anything else, other than buying a car. Also, by withholding your information if you go in person it shows you likely aren't a serious buyer. Name, address, phone number are all you need to provide however.

Furthermore, to say they will share your information with other dealers and you will find everyone giving you the same price is not only hilariously inaccurate but also highly illegal, as that is price fixing.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
My best deal when I bought my truck was actually from a last ditch email I sent to a dealer who had exactly what I wanted and beat everyone else who I had seen in person. I was all set to buy from another dealer when the guy replied and I bought from them instead.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #15

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Thanks for all the comments.

I ended up ordering a 2015 F56 that would be here in Oct. The shop-around technique didn't really work all that well. I even tried carcostcanada but ultimately was only able to get 1k discount as the 2014 selection was too limited but the dealers aren't budging much for 2015s.