REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Unknowingly purchased a vehicle with overdue VI

Hello there - I have recently purchased a car and just found out that it has a VI overdue for the last 2 years. Apparently the car received a VI ticket for having a busted tail lights and since sat for two years and never mentioned during the transaction. Now, when I tried to insured this, it requires me to get it inspected. Where do I proceed from here? thanks in advance
Advertisement
E.K.Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Go get it inspected?
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #3

don't I need the issued ticket? which box or what not. Ive been doing research and no luck so far. does the penalty for getting it inspected late gets carry to the new owner?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
How did you find out the car needed a VI? I presume from ICBC during the insurance process? If so, why not ask the ICBC agent or call the local non-emerg number and see what the POPO can provide.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
I'm invisible

You will have to probably call CVSE to determine what type of notice and order, or the broker should be able to find out for you.

If its a type 1 or type 2 (past 30 days), the vehicle must be transported to the inspection facility for an inspection. You cannot buy a permit (TOP) to drive it there.

I was browsing CVSE site, this might be the contact number:

Vehicle Inspections & Standards
Phone: 250-952-0577
Old 09-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #6

@tiger with all honesty, they had no idea what ind of inspection it wasso i dug through my contacts and find the prev. owner then now i've been told waht it was ."they have forgotten" to tell me.

@Edison Thanks! ill give them a call.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Sleeezy fucking seller.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

It doesnt matter at this point whether it was a box 1 or box 2. It is overdue and will need a full inspection regardless. The only difference between the two is that one gives you 30 days to correct the problems and have it inspected, while still being insured, while the other involves having your plates seized and vehicle towed.

If the vehicle is compliant then have it inspected and then get insurance. If its not, its likely something you were aware of (the issues, not the outstanding VI) before purchasing the car.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote