REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 09-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

ceiling is damaged, but not too much as it seems to be drying now. My main concern is likelyhood problem resurfacing near future. The plumber did suggest that it could be one time thing due to flooding of upper unit floor from carelessness of unit above but he can't confirm anything definitely as the leak wasn't looked at immediately due to delay caused by owner upstair. I tried to reason with him today to get things repaired as soon as I can but all the unit upstair is saying is how the home selling deal is going south and how he wants to sue me or someone who gave me the information in regards to contacts of the buyer. He called my significant other 12 times yesterday to try to threaten her to get any information on how we learned the contacts. Now a registered letter is on the way stating this and asking him to stop harassing my significant other as this is considered harassment.

For now, it seems like it's impossible to deal with owner upstair and everything will have to be through strata. I haven't seen such a scum who has absolutely no dignity whatsoever for a long time.
Advertisement
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #27
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
Strata returned to me saying that leak is likely to be happening from above unit, this will be owner to owner problem and did not want to get involved.
Way to pass it off without any investigating, whatsoever.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
OP, so stupid is going to sue you for disrupting his plan to hide a significant defect prior to sale?
Fuck me running.

Sounds like the damage will be less than the deductible.
It might still be useful to get an insurance adjuster to assess the damage.

The plumber sounds like he knows what he's talking about.
If it was a onetime leak it was probably stupid's error. He probably has as flimsy a grasp of the operation of plumbing fixtures as he has of the legal system and logic.
An intermittent leak is probably on the drainage system rather than the supply.

I would minimize contact. Sooner or later some other problem is going to occupy stupid's intellect.

An approximation of moisture content can be made by taping up a square of plastic wrap to the damaged area for a few days. A control square taped to a known dry spot will give you a reference. Use a decent masking tape.

I suspect you're up against this guy, be the brick.

Last edited by finbar; 09-23-2014 at 05:56 PM.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
ceiling is damaged, but not too much as it seems to be drying now. My main concern is likelyhood problem resurfacing near future. The plumber did suggest that it could be one time thing due to flooding of upper unit floor from carelessness of unit above but he can't confirm anything definitely as the leak wasn't looked at immediately due to delay caused by owner upstair. I tried to reason with him today to get things repaired as soon as I can but all the unit upstair is saying is how the home selling deal is going south and how he wants to sue me or someone who gave me the information in regards to contacts of the buyer. He called my significant other 12 times yesterday to try to threaten her to get any information on how we learned the contacts. Now a registered letter is on the way stating this and asking him to stop harassing my significant other as this is considered harassment.

For now, it seems like it's impossible to deal with owner upstair and everything will have to be through strata. I haven't seen such a scum who has absolutely no dignity whatsoever for a long time.
LOl just phone the police non emergency line and explain what's happening. The police will call/pay him a little visit basically letting him know if he calls your wife again he is in deep shit.

That's what happen to me. A guy keeps calling my cell saying I left a note on his windshield saying I damage his front bumper and will pay for the damage. I wasn't even around that area nor drive lol. Basically I call the police non emergency line explain what happen and show the officer all the call logs. She said she will take care of it. Haven't heard from that guy since. Always protect yourself first.

And what kind of strata do you have? First thing is THEY should be the one to contact the owner upstairs not you. You are paying them a strata fee every month. Also if you have insurance I would just file with your insurance company and let them deal with your strata and the owner upstairs. Coz your insurance company isn't going to let them off the hook lol. If the owner of the upstairs unit try to play dumb with your insurance company he is going get a 10ft pole his his ass.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote