REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
I don't get it

door dent, bumper and rims scratch

Anyone know if there is a place to get them all fix in one location?
Advertisement
thmswng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Sounds like a bodyshop job to me.

Bumpers, as far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, can not be "un-dented" without having to be repainted.

They'll either Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) the car themselves or supplement the work to a trusted shop.

Wheels will have to be supplemented to a wheel repair and refinishing shop.

The repair bill will be fairly large. Shot in the dark - $150 for wheel, $200 for PDR, $400 for bumper depending on the repair.

Curious what kind of car this would be for.

noransx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak
[24-01, 14:19] mk1freak lots of bdays this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9
[22-05, 23:37] norans also got a pretty douchey white hipster haircut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_BOY
[27-10, 22:25] can't spell ice without ie
2014 Chevrolet Volt - Poo brown ft panel gaps - currently at 588mpg
2006 Honda CBR600RR "LaF'Honda" pronounced la-fawn-duh
Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

It car really depend on the size and severity of the dents. I'm anal about my car and went to get some dents taken out, they were barley noticeable to the eye. to get out my door dings and a dent in my bumper where someone backed into me were 50 bucks a panel but no paint. I do "know a guy" though.
steveo1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
this was something my dad had to deal with once. when he brought his car in for service at the dealer he brought it up and they advisor said they can take care of it. they ended up getting separate 3rd party mobile services that came and did everything before he picked it up the next day and the cost of the repairs was added to his service bill.

dents unlimited did the ding in his door, and i can't remember who did the wheel... but the paint touchup was done by colorworks and it was not that great. it was a white car and their airbrush repair yellowed after a few years
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
I don't get it

it is for a 2008 Honda Fit
thmswng is offline   Reply With Quote