REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   new to the forums (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698492-new-forums.html)

Godzira 09-29-2014 10:04 AM

new to the forums

3 Attachment(s)
hey revscene, im probably posting in the wrong spot...but my name is Leah, my bf and I just moved to Vancouver Island a few weeks ago from Edmonton. I'm a mechanic apprentice and have been building an r32 gtr for the last 2 years. Before this I had 3 other skylines and 14 other less notable vehicles. he drives an ls6 miata, we were huge into the car scene back home but we couldn't take another " -40c & ten feet of snow" winter so we made the trip out here and have been loving it so far! we're always down for a cruise or coffee where can i find meets and events on here? its getting close to the end of the season but this is the first year ill be driving my car for more than 2 months out of the year.. cause no snow.

Rebuilt short block
Forged pistons o/s +.050
Forged rods
N1 oil pump
Engine block- clean, bore, hone, deck.
Pt guage all bearings/rings
Valve job, adjust oem cams
Machine surface /metal head gasket
All new seals, gaskets
Head match ported /polished
2- hks 2530 ball bearing turbos
HICAS & ac & cat removed
Hicas bar
17" tracklites
3 " from down pipe
Tomei fuel pump -590psi 276lhr
6puck act clutch
Project mu front and back discs

link to my 780 build thread Boring R32 GT-R Build

were stoked to be here and look forward to seeing what the Vancouver car scene is like!

westopher 09-29-2014 10:15 AM

Welcome. You are going to like the lifestyle change out here. I moved from edmonton 4 years ago. The money doesn't flow in as well here, but its worth the pay cut. Nice GTR. Clean R32s are just stunning.

Godzira 09-29-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8535953)
Welcome. You are going to like the lifestyle change out here. I moved from edmonton 4 years ago. The money doesn't flow in as well here, but its worth the pay cut. Nice GTR. Clean R32s are just stunning.

Thank you!! Yeah, it's a trade.. money for quality of life, no brainer imo! I wouldn't go back to edmonton that's for sure!

you! 09-29-2014 11:26 AM

"That girl with the gtr"

R. Mutt 09-29-2014 11:33 AM

Nice GT-R :) Weather will start to get crappy again soon but it'll probably be nothing for you guys by comparison. You guys take part in any motorsports? I bet the Miata must be really fun on a track.

Godzira 09-29-2014 12:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Mutt (Post 8535988)
Nice GT-R :) Weather will start to get crappy again soon but it'll probably be nothing for you guys by comparison. You guys take part in any motorsports? I bet the Miata must be really fun on a track.

Hopefully next season well make it to the track here, we've only done the 1/4 mile in Edmonton, he ran a 12.3 at 118m. I failed every launch, missed 2nd gear and whatever other ricer excuse I can think of, my best time was 14.1 at 108m. He picked up used some tiny winter tires and threw it around a little bit at castrol before we moved. (that fitment)

multicartual 09-29-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzira (Post 8535956)
Thank you!! Yeah, it's a trade.. money for quality of life, no brainier imo! I wouldn't go back to edmonton that's for sure!

I predict breakup if you change from your Edmonton-based culture

Vancouver tends to change people

multicartual 09-29-2014 12:39 PM

FUCK THAT'S A SICK MIATA!!!

white rocket 09-29-2014 12:41 PM

Strongest first post I've seen in a while. Welcome! Nice GTR. There are a bunch of RS'ers on the island and they do a cars and coffee thing if I recall. As long as you are ok with rain then you will enjoy your stay here in beautiful southern BC.

belaud 09-29-2014 12:49 PM

Ofuck I saw your car at the illmotion show, I was with the Varis Hatch STI & Cusco'd up Voltex STI!

supafamous 09-29-2014 12:50 PM

Welcome to Victoria. A few Subie owners get together on Thursdays out in Langford pretty regularly and there's a monthly Miata get together at the A&W on Douglas. I've dropped in for the former but not the latter - some nice folks who do autocross etc there.

Inaii 09-29-2014 12:54 PM

Welcome to the forum! I think this is the best intro post I've seen from a chick in a very long time :lol

Godzira 09-29-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8536015)
I predict breakup if you change from your Edmonton-based culture

Vancouver tends to change people

Well I hope the island is different! :p lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8536017)
Strongest first post I've seen in a while. Welcome! Nice GTR. There are a bunch of RS'ers on the island and they do a cars and coffee thing if I recall. As long as you are ok with rain then you will enjoy your stay here in beautiful southern BC.

Thanks! Good to know, I've heard it's pretty cliquey out here and so far the scene is mostly Hondas. We've only been to the Friday meets by Tim's across from uptown.. We haven't met anyone that likes to cruise out here so we've just kept to ourselves
Quote:

Originally Posted by belaud (Post 8536020)
Ofuck I saw your car at the illmotion show, I was with the Varis Hatch STI & Cusco'd up Voltex STI!

I missed illmotion this year I was there last year though
Quote:

Originally Posted by supafamous (Post 8536021)
Welcome to Victoria. A few Subie owners get together on Thursdays out in Langford pretty regularly and there's a monthly Miata get together at the A&W on Douglas. I've dropped in for the former but not the latter - some nice folks who do autocross etc there.

Thanks! id be down to check out the subie meet.. Is there a Facebook or forum with any info? I would feel weird just showing up.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8536023)
Welcome to the forum! I think this is the best intro post I've seen from a chick in a very long time :lol

Haha thank you :)

Inaii 09-29-2014 01:25 PM

I'm not sure if they're still around, but the rx7 guys on the island normally like to cruise. So if you can find some of them, they'd probably be down. Sorry I'm on the mainland so I don't know where they frequent. I know they do a Canada day cruise every year though!

BBMme 09-29-2014 01:31 PM

Welcome. Victoria is nice, but it's no vancouver =p

Wild_Penguin 09-29-2014 02:17 PM

I moved to Victoria from St. Albert almost 8 years ago now. Let me tell you the car scene in Victoria is nothing like Edmonton! I miss the old UC meets in Edmonton met a lot of nice life long friends there.

When I first moved to Vic, I did the same thing I went to a meet at that Tims and just got stared down by everyone and I felt unwelcome. Another time I was driving by and saw a Miata doing donuts in the save-on foods part of that lot which is across the street from the Saanich Police station.

Also If I see a nice car here I give them a wave and never get a wave back the drivers just look confused.

But Welcome to Victoria! :-)

Godzira 09-29-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild_Penguin (Post 8536065)
I moved to Victoria from St. Albert almost 8 years ago now. Let me tell you the car scene in Victoria is nothing like Edmonton! I miss the old UC meets in Edmonton met a lot of nice life long friends there.

When I first moved to Vic, I did the same thing I went to a meet at that Tims and just got stared down by everyone and I felt unwelcome. Another time I was driving by and saw a Miata doing donuts in the save-on foods part of that lot which is across the street from the Saanich Police station.

Also If I see a nice car here I give them a wave and never get a wave back the drivers just look confused.

But Welcome to Victoria! :-)

Yeah I've already got the "you can't sit with us" vibe from a few people. It sucks, edmonton has a really awesome group of people I just wish I could have this weather there or those people here lol.

But thank you! Maybe well just be loners in the car scene and take the ferry to Vancouver for meets lol

aristo-crat 09-29-2014 02:39 PM

Hey guys! I'm the bf with the miata. I also have a 99 stagea rs four s (that I'm selling).

Ps, it was a 12.2 @ 119 mph :hotbaby:

Yeah we haven't found any car people that match with us very well.. Most seem to be too concerned about telling big fish stories to actually conversate. Haha

R. Mutt 09-29-2014 03:36 PM

Miata looks as sick as it looks fun - nice ride aristo-crat :)

That GT-R time though...you should be in the high 12s to low 13s range with that trap. Too much pressure in the tires maybe? Oh well...lots of room for improvement next time.

You guys will eventually end up meeting my friends Rob and Jess. Rob has a green 240sx and a 350Z as well while Jess used to drive a black 350Z until someone rear ended her. They are a true "car couple" so I bet you guys will find each other some how.

CanadianJoker 09-29-2014 03:47 PM

Nice to see you two on the local forums, I will admit when I saw the Alberta plates at Formula D i was surprised that you guys drove so far for a show. Makes sense now haha.

There is a few notable shows out in the Vancouver region each year you should check out, and tons of events worth coming to the mainland for.
If aristo-crat wants to keep sliding, CAP-D (capital drift) holds lots of events each year and for the most part are all chill about new people.

Josh
-R33 sedan.

multicartual 09-29-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristo-crat (Post 8536079)
Hey guys! I'm the bf with the miata. I also have a 99 stagea rs four s (that I'm selling).

Ps, it was a 12.2 @ 119 mph :hotbaby:

Yeah we haven't found any car people that match with us very well.. Most seem to be too concerned about telling big fish stories to actually conversate. Haha

Victoria is a bit different than Vancouver but still very cliquey!

sonick 09-29-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8536023)

Bimmette should take notes.

TouringTeg 09-29-2014 04:29 PM

Welcome to Victoria

As mentioned check out VMSC Victoria Motor Sports Club for AutoX and also Capital Drift. There is 1/10th mile drag racing at Western Speedway and 1/4 mile every August in Port Alberni -Thunder in the Valley.

The island revscene forum used to be active but not anymore. Car people continue to meet at Tims at Uptown and at Langford (by Future Shop). It seems everyone has their own club in Victoria now. Honda, Subaru, Skyline, Miata, Porsche all have their own weekly meets.

Godzira 09-29-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianJoker (Post 8536115)
Nice to see you two on the local forums, I will admit when I saw the Alberta plates at Formula D i was surprised that you guys drove so far for a show. Makes sense now haha.

Hahah that was before we decided to move, we went on a 5700km month long road trip this summer with a few people.

smoothie. 09-29-2014 04:41 PM

OMG A GIRL!