REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,166 Times in 111 Posts
Custom Suits

Anyone have recommendations or good experiences on good tailors for a custom suit?

Looking for something under $1000.
Will be worn occasionally for business events, a few times a month at most.
Not looking for anything off the rack.
Advertisement
dmak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
I HERP TO YOU DERP

would recommend Blair Shapera ... pretty affordable made to measures but do note that he outsources the work to the shops in montreal

would suggest you to take a look at the cutting, style, and quality of work of some other local tailors before you spend that money...
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
English Bespoke Tailors. Out of HK, travel the world and measure you, then you chose your style, fabric, etc. They have several Canadian dates for fitting - by appointment only.

Hong Kong Tailors, Hong Kong Custom Tailors, Hong Kong Men's Tailoring
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
very happy with my MTM from Indochino. First make was crap. Second make was golden.

As long as they are around, I'm going back.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

If budget is under $1000, then indochino
Wetordry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
I subscribe to Revscene

jcrew does some nice suiting which you can usually score on sale
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I was recently in a similar situation. Although a lot of people recommend Indochino, a lot of previous posts on here brought to question the quality of their suits.

I ended up going to Raffinatto: https://www.facebook.com/Raffinatto on the recommendation of another post.

He sends you to the tailor to get your measurements. You meet up with him. He displays all the possible materials, patterns, etc. Suits gets made.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

i wouldn't go for indochino, the quality of their suits are pretty bad.. few friends of mine ordered suits from them for weddings and they end up returning them all due to the quality and fitment.
cowabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,166 Times in 111 Posts
Anyone have any experience with becustomsuited?
dmak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypediss View Post
would recommend Blair Shapera ... pretty affordable made to measures but do note that he outsources the work to the shops in montreal

would suggest you to take a look at the cutting, style, and quality of work of some other local tailors before you spend that money...
Yes, Blair Shapera. I recently had one of his MTM, which is under $1000, and it's a great deal for the price. Great fabric and sits amazing well. There are template sizes then he tailors various parts based on your preference/his suggestions. Overall, his MTM suits are extremely satisfying for the price.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote