REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #101
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The average person in the gvrd is by no stretch of the imagination smart enough to think that objectively about how to "get away" with distracted driving. You are giving the average driver too much credit.
Giving humanity too much credit is not something I'm normally guilty of. Maybe this is a sign that I am now able to see past the perpetual nosedive of mankind I have the pleasure of witnessing every day...
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #102
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
We all know perception is reality... clearly the media has illustrated this over and over again...

On the point about catching drivers who are using their electronic devices WHILE driving.... like I said, there are enforcement being done, but it is hard. Just like drunk drivers, we can't catch all the ones that are out there unless someone calls it in, or we by chance, are there... or like you said, if there are road blocks.

Oh and btw, the Canada Way/Willingdon enforcement is also for mobile offenders. FYI.

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/osmv/share...le-driving.pdf
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #103
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Start telling the public that cops are out driving around looking for offenders on the highways then the public will complain about the gas being used :/
Old 10-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #104
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
No, I just think the time and effort spent enforcing this specifically at red lights, would be more appropriately spent actually trying to catch the higher risk offenders. AKA those ACTUALLY DRIVING not stopped at a red light.
IMO those people who aren't observant enough to notice a police officer near them at a light are high risk offenders, if they don't notice that just how much are they not paying attention to when they're driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Maybe you guys are right, maybe it drills the message into people's heads, but like I said earlier if people are anything like me, they will notice enforcement around burnaby, downtown, and north and west van is all at red lights, I can almost freely roll down highway 1 texting away with no problems, or atleast thats my perception. So my thought process is totally that those who were checking their phones at red lights, or doing both, will just continue to text while actually driving, at a higher rate than before because enforcement is not yet targeting that risk.

If that makes sense...
Most drivers are way, way too stupid to make that connection. Also, exactly HOW are they supposed to target people using them while driving down the highway? It's much more dangerous but also harder to detect until it's too late.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote