REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Question: Shark Tank (https://www.revscene.net/forums/698837-question-shark-tank.html)

bcrdukes 10-12-2014 12:26 AM

Question: Shark Tank

Hi Mods / Admins,

Asking more so out of curiosity than anything, but why was Shark Tank banned?

I know that Revscene as a whole disliked his posts, but he sure attributed to debate and moved minds. His posts at the very least had some sincerity to it, or at least a naivety we all at one point in our lives had to overcome. I would like to think of him as a newer, younger, and re-invented Timpo.

Any how, hope you folks can shed some light on his ban or bring him back sooner. Happy Thanksgiving! :woot2:

zilley 10-12-2014 12:30 AM

fucking dukes acting all nice and shitt.

Expresso 10-12-2014 12:32 AM

Yes please. He brought a breath of fresh air to revscene.

Energy 10-12-2014 12:40 AM

Shark Tank over betaspecimens

bcrdukes 10-12-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilley (Post 8542403)
fucking dukes acting all nice and shitt.

Well, that was unwarranted.

nma 10-12-2014 02:30 AM

bcrdukes = shark tank

320icar 10-12-2014 07:37 AM

Nope, fuck that guy. Glad to see him gone.

And for alphaspec1male or whoever, I just don't open his threads and he doesn't post anywhere else. So don't care

BrRsn 10-12-2014 08:32 AM

As a blind follower of bcrdukes I have to blindly agree with his opinion.

i hereby decree that from this moment forward no tank of any kind shall be discriminated against! Be it sharktank, fuel tank, oiltank, or tank tank -- we are all equals.

let's hold hands and sing kumbayah

bcrdukes 10-12-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8542437)
Nope, fuck that guy. Glad to see him gone.

And for alphaspec1male or whoever, I just don't open his threads and he doesn't post anywhere else. So don't care

You can select which users you want to ignore if you dislike them and/or their posts.

murd0c 10-14-2014 08:51 AM

Sharktank is annoying as fuck, he pisses me off and I would like to bitch slap some sense into him but we have had a lot worse and I think he's being serious and actually trying...

Why was he actually banned?

bcrdukes 10-14-2014 09:47 AM

I can think of many more users on Revscene who are much more annoying as fuck (as you put it) but have not been banned.

If you take a step back and look at his posts from another perspective, you can relate to what I meant in my original post where he was just naive. Quite frankly, his posts gave me a good chuckle and it was nice to see that Revscene had a new whipping boy.

I personally don't feel that his ban was warranted, however, I am not contesting the moderator or administrator's decision.

123654123 10-14-2014 10:01 AM

revscene needed shark tank.

we can all learn a couple things from him...like how to be truly passionate about something(his love for porches) and how to dream big (his dream of becoming a rich young asian)

meme405 10-14-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123654123 (Post 8543309)

SharkTank the hero Revscene deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent lurker, a constant annoyance. A white knight.

MindBomber 10-14-2014 08:20 PM

I agree with the thought that SharkTank, though annoying, contributes positively to RS in his own strange way. alphaspec1male's contributions, on the other hand, are no better than spam.

ae101 10-14-2014 08:31 PM

b-chow, dont think anyone can be him period

bcrdukes 10-14-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123654123 (Post 8543309)

we can all learn a couple things from him...like how to be truly passionate about something(his love for porches) and how to dream big (his dream of becoming a rich young asian)

This.

Despite how silly some of his posts were, he truly believed in what he liked and he had dreams to look forward to.

I get where people feel that he was an annoyance, but remember, we're all here on Revscene for one reason or another, but to berate the guy and to make the forums an unwelcoming place should not be one of them.

TOS'd 10-15-2014 08:13 AM

Since we are keeping bcrdukes around, we really should treat Shark Tank with the same kind of respect and let him stay.

Szeto 10-15-2014 10:00 AM

I was wondering how come i don't see Shark Tank's posts no more.

+1 on bringing him back for good chuckles.

originalhypa 10-15-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8543568)
SharkTank the hero Revscene deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent lurker, a constant annoyance. A white knight.

:lol

That's pretty much dead on when you're describing Shark Tank. I liked him the same way I like Timpo. They're interesting and polarizing characters. Unlike Hyde who was just sad, or the 15 dollar baller who was just pathetic, ST was actually interesting in a naive sort of way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szeto (Post 8543775)
+1 on bringing him back for good chuckles.

Me too!

BRB, just checking the mod forum for more info.

ZN6 10-15-2014 08:14 PM

We love to hate him. Is that really a bannable offense?

BrRsn 10-15-2014 08:17 PM

how the fuck is he banned and bcrdukes isnt yet

this motherfucker got chat taken away

zetazeta 10-20-2014 06:51 PM

No wonder he hasn't been posting....

Why the ban though? Users that find him annoying can always block him so they dont see his posts...

underscore 10-20-2014 08:56 PM

He was irritating as hell because he kept blabbering the same 5 posts over and over and over again, he was funny at first but it got old fast. He posted those same comments so damn much that it became off topic spam imo. In threads like "Sick cars in Van" or "Latest pic of your whip" he'd post 3+ times a page without really contributing anything or being on topic.

And even if you block him, he'd still derail threads because of his stupidity, so unless you find some fancy way to block his stupidity and the responses it generates it's hard to get away from his bullshit.

bcrdukes 10-20-2014 11:12 PM

I don't think his posts contributed to any threads derailing or off-topic in a malicious or obvious way. A good example of off-topic is this thread: http://www.revscene.net/forums/69860...tter-cars.html

The Sick Cars Thread has its purpose and never went awry, even when Shark Tank posted. Again, I did not find his posts malicious or with any intent to offend. There are probably more posts from other members that threw the thread more off-topic than his. Again, I strongly feel he was just young and naive and simply needed a reality check (aka a chance to grow up) but none of which deserved a ban.

GLOW 10-21-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8546381)
unless you find some fancy way to block his stupidity and the responses it generates it's hard to get away from his bullshit.

if there was a filter to block stupidity, RS would cease to exist :troll:

i say unban him. i want to find out what car he eventually gets :)