REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Spray painting rims

From what I understand you clean the shit outta the surface using paint thinner, lightly sand the surface with 200+ grit sand paper?
Hit it with primer in coats and paint itself in layers and then clear coat.

I'm going to use some Krylon Dual paint which has the primer built into the paint already, is it any good? and then I got some Rustoleum Gloss clear coat.

Anyone have experience doing this? any tips?
Thanks
Advertisement
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
I've tried Krylon Dual, in black, and hated it. The texture is sticky looking, but then it may be just me laying too it on too heavy on the last couple coats. Much prefer the Krylon Fusion and Duplicolour clear coat.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
IMO, there's no need to prime unless the surface is bare metal.

I've used Krylon ColorMaster Satin Black on a bunch of steelies and it always comes out great. If you're going to clear it anyways, you shouldn't need a gloss base.

For any other colour, I'd use Dupli-Color Perfect Match. It's a bit pricey but I've had good results. Probably takes 3-4 cans for a set of wheels, depending on how intricate they are.

Make sure you have a clean and warm place to paint. Focus on the nooks and crannies first, then worry about the face. If you try painting the whole thing right off the bat, you'll notice uneven coverage in the corners and lug holes, then when you try to fix it, it's more likely you'll get too much paint on the big, flat spots around them.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote