REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Good dermatologists in GVA? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699076-good-dermatologists-gva.html)

SB7 10-21-2014 06:55 PM

Good dermatologists in GVA?

My girlfriend has bad eczema and it has been troubling her since she has been very young. She moved to a subtropical climate and that was the best for her skin. Now that she lives in richmond, her skin problems have been getting worse, like 3 to 4 times what it was when she lived in North van and poco.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar problem and has a good dermatologist to recommend. Thanks!

BrRsn 10-21-2014 07:05 PM

Go to whoever your physician recommends -- if your physician doesn't refer you, expect to pay $$

The Skin Care Centre - Booking Appointments this place is decent, I haven't gone but a few family members have and said it was great

lady_mapetite 10-21-2014 07:42 PM

hope she's being vigilant with her diet, shellfish and fungi are foods that usually cause the flare up

i recommend Dr. Vincent Ho from the skin care centre. very down to earth honest guy, not there to bullshit you or try to sell you expensive regimes or treatments. he'll tell you what works and what does not

Dr. Phoebus Wong is another one that comes to mind, but he charges a consultation fee - last i heard it was around $40 bucks even for a 5 min convo, dunno if the rates have gone up

Dr. Lorne Brown is a cosmetic surgeon but also treats skin ailments afaik, he charges a $100 consultation fee but that goes toward your bills should you seek treatment from his clinic. you can email/call them to find out if they treat eczema

i've had my fair share of skin ailments and still suffer from it so hope all goes well for your gf, good luck

Truenosan 12-10-2014 07:18 PM

I've seen Dr Vincent Ho throughout my life. Like stated before, easy to communicate with, and he will give you what you actually need.

When I had an emergency flare up, I couldn't wait for my family doc, and the walk in clinic doctor had no problem referring me to him at my request.

It shouldn't be a problem to request him.

ruthless 12-10-2014 08:05 PM

My physician recommended me to Dr. Nhiem Nguyen in Richmond. I think he might share his office with a newer younger doctor, Dr. Wong, he knows his stuff.
8120 Cook Road Suite 220 Richmond.
604-278-8410

You will need a referral from your family physician though, and its covered.

melloman 12-11-2014 07:34 AM

Dr. Gary Tullis in Burnaby.

Very good dermo, doesn't beat around the bush on anything.

Truenosan 01-07-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthless (Post 8567743)
My physician recommended me to Dr. Nhiem Nguyen in Richmond. I think he might share his office with a newer younger doctor, Dr. Wong, he knows his stuff.
8120 Cook Road Suite 220 Richmond.
604-278-8410

You will need a referral from your family physician though, and its covered.

I've seen Dr Nguyen before. Nothing in particular that would make me go back to him.