REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Good dermatologists in GVA?

My girlfriend has bad eczema and it has been troubling her since she has been very young. She moved to a subtropical climate and that was the best for her skin. Now that she lives in richmond, her skin problems have been getting worse, like 3 to 4 times what it was when she lived in North van and poco.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar problem and has a good dermatologist to recommend. Thanks!

SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Go to whoever your physician recommends -- if your physician doesn't refer you, expect to pay $$

The Skin Care Centre - Booking Appointments this place is decent, I haven't gone but a few family members have and said it was great
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS

hope she's being vigilant with her diet, shellfish and fungi are foods that usually cause the flare up

i recommend Dr. Vincent Ho from the skin care centre. very down to earth honest guy, not there to bullshit you or try to sell you expensive regimes or treatments. he'll tell you what works and what does not

Dr. Phoebus Wong is another one that comes to mind, but he charges a consultation fee - last i heard it was around $40 bucks even for a 5 min convo, dunno if the rates have gone up

Dr. Lorne Brown is a cosmetic surgeon but also treats skin ailments afaik, he charges a $100 consultation fee but that goes toward your bills should you seek treatment from his clinic. you can email/call them to find out if they treat eczema

i've had my fair share of skin ailments and still suffer from it so hope all goes well for your gf, good luck
lady_mapetite is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
retired

I've seen Dr Vincent Ho throughout my life. Like stated before, easy to communicate with, and he will give you what you actually need.

When I had an emergency flare up, I couldn't wait for my family doc, and the walk in clinic doctor had no problem referring me to him at my request.

It shouldn't be a problem to request him.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
My physician recommended me to Dr. Nhiem Nguyen in Richmond. I think he might share his office with a newer younger doctor, Dr. Wong, he knows his stuff.
8120 Cook Road Suite 220 Richmond.
604-278-8410

You will need a referral from your family physician though, and its covered.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Dr. Gary Tullis in Burnaby.

Very good dermo, doesn't beat around the bush on anything.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #7
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
My physician recommended me to Dr. Nhiem Nguyen in Richmond. I think he might share his office with a newer younger doctor, Dr. Wong, he knows his stuff.
8120 Cook Road Suite 220 Richmond.
604-278-8410

You will need a referral from your family physician though, and its covered.
I've seen Dr Nguyen before. Nothing in particular that would make me go back to him.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote