REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 11-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Compustar issues

Figured this would be the best subforum for visibility. I have a 2w8000fmr and have been having some strange issues lately. When I lock and unlock the car with the remote, it still shows locked on the remote itself and doesn't emit anything audible anymore. The remote start also still works, but there are no indications showing up on the remote when I start it that way. No response when I hit the query button as well. Fresh batteries, and I've tried reprogramming it but it isn't the issue, as the remote does lock/unlock and remote start the vehicle. Isn't in valet mode either.

Has anyone else had these issues or anything close?
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
It sounds as though your remote is on it's way out. I have seen it before and because your remote is older, it's no surprise that the RX functions are failing. To find out for sure though, we can test out a brand new remote and see if it works for you.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Appreciate it, but I'm over in Winnipeg. I'll try to source a remote to test out, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Didn't want to start a new thread but I have sw9000fmr remote and this morning when I was unlocking thr car I didn't get a siren chirp from the car. Remote works perfectly and still has sound but I don't get the chirp anymore.
How do I turn it back on? Tried valet mode already I think. And siren works still on panic and from opening the door when armed.
Thanks in advance.
lungfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
^^Did you try pressing the lock+trunk release button?

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Press buttons I and II at the same time for half a second and that will take it out of Mute mode.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #7

Thanks for the quick responses!
I thought I had already tried taking if off of mute but I'll give that a shot again. Is mute for the remote or for the siren? And wouldn't there be an icon on the remote if it was on mute?
And lock and trunk activated valet. Which I've turn on and off already....

Will report back if it still doesn't work. Not close to my car at the moment.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #8

So I tried holding down 1 and . But gives me FAIL on my remote....

UPDATE: never mind guys. Figured it out. I was holding it down too long. Just a quick tap of the 2 buttons turned it back on!

Thanks!

Last edited by lungfish23; 12-07-2014 at 03:32 PM.
This post thanked by: